Author Topic: Your Gamecube gems & favourites  (Read 11580 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: Your Gamecube gems & favourites
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2015, 06:36:07 AM »
Don't make me take your mod powers away.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Aiklund

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2015, 08:09:01 AM »
Oh ****, I love Rogue Squadron. I remember lending it to a classmate about 10 years ago and never getting it back... ****, really want to play it now. Ended up buying Eternal Darkness, Doshin the Giant and some stupid cartoony Sega soccer game last night. I'll be looking out for Gamecube games more often now, see what I can get my hands on. Oh and I'm currently playing Metroid Prime Trilogy on my Wii U so even though I missed out on them earlier I'm working on it. I'll have to see about Four Swords, I have a GBA and an sp and at least one cable, but might be a little bit to tricky.

Thanks everyone! Feel free to write some more recommendations if you have any specific games that haven't been mentioned yet! I'll check out all the games you guys have recommended so far!
Ya ok

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2015, 09:10:27 AM »
... If you can find cheap copies of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, 007: Agent Under Fire or Nightfire, or Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, I'd heartily recommend all four. The Clone Wars had an amazing horde mode for multiplayer, and both 007 games had great co-op capabilities with their multiplayer bots.

I rather enjoyed 007: Everything or Nothing on GameCube, but haven't played the two Bond games you listed. Definitely a good recommendation if you like action games though.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2015, 03:10:14 PM »
For those that mentioned Phantasy Star Online, how does that game play now when the online features are clearly no longer available?  Does the game still work alright offline?  I recall that it had a four player splitscreen option that the Dreamcast version didn't have.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2015, 03:41:55 PM »
If you have someone to play with, multiplayer offline is a lot of fun. Works well, can have your own character, lots of good times.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2015, 04:30:16 PM »
Re: Phantasy Star Online

I'm pretty sure that you can still play online using private servers if you are willing to jump through some extra hoops to get things configured properly. At least, I know you could about a year ago when I was considering tracking down the game. Not sure how much effort is involved though, or what the state of online play is actually like at this point in time...

A quick Google search brought up a bunch of links (most notably: http://www.schtserv.com/) but I'm going to leave it up to others who are more motivated to provide details. 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 04:33:45 PM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2015, 08:54:49 PM »
Here's an obscure one for you that I liked: Future Tactics, the Uprising. I would be surprised if anyone else here played it.
I have not played it, but I do own it. Do I get any points for that?

No!

Here's another third party overlooked "classic"

Def Jam Vendetta, Fight for New York

EA doesn't do games with personality much anymore...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 08:59:04 PM by ShyGuy »

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2015, 09:30:09 PM »
I think my all time favorite Game Cube titles were Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Sonic Adventure DX, Star Fox Adventures, Robotech Battle Cry, Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life, and Metroid Prime. Those are all the ones that stand out the most, I have the most fond memories of and think I would recommend all but Robotech to a new GC owner or someone looking to discover new games.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2015, 10:08:17 PM »
DEF Jam was one of the best WWF No Mercy games.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2015, 11:36:29 PM »
Sega Soccer Slam! This was hands down the best arcade sports game on the system! I love how they used the over-the-top stereotypes of the different countries that were represented in the game. The other three titles that stand out are SSX3, Timesplitters 2 and F-Zero GX.
"Nothing tips like a cow."