Gaming Forums > General Gaming

How Do You Level Up?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ian Sane:
If a game lets you auto-assign stat categories I tend to let it do that.  Otherwise I get overwhelmed by too many choices.  Historically I would try to balance things out.  My gut feeling being that if someone has weak defense for example I should give them some defense boosts.  But recently I'm trying to force myself not to do that so that the characters are more distinct and specialized.

I get pretty lazy about manually-allocated stats and weapon upgrades and stuff like that when playing RPGs, until I end up dying and then I'll catch up to get past where I'm stuck.  If I can still proceed I'll slack off on manual adjustments.

M.K.Ultra:

--- Quote from: Order.RSS on February 21, 2022, 03:57:25 PM ---What does luck do in SMT5?

--- End quote ---
The description says "increases probability of chance-based results being in your favor during battle".
I am guessing that refers to things like whether an attack is dodged or not.
That was sort of the reason I chose luck, it seemed like the least useful attribute so I thought it would make the game more challenging.

Luigi Dude:
It pretty much depends on the game and the characters.  If you got a character that uses magic, I'll want to focus and making sure their magic power being stronger.  Same with a character that specialized in physical combat, I'll want to focus on their strength.  It's best to do this since it will make stat buffs even more powerful when you get into tougher boss fights.  If you have a fighter heavy strength, with equipment that buffs their attack and critical rates, and then cast spells that makes their physical hits even stronger, you can easily take down bosses that are literally over 10 levels or more higher then you.

--- Quote from: Bungle5 on February 22, 2022, 07:25:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: Order.RSS on February 21, 2022, 03:57:25 PM ---What does luck do in SMT5?

--- End quote ---
The description says "increases probability of chance-based results being in your favor during battle".
I am guessing that refers to things like whether an attack is dodged or not.
That was sort of the reason I chose luck, it seemed like the least useful attribute so I thought it would make the game more challenging.

--- End quote ---

Actually maxing out the Luck stat will make the game easier.  The Luck stat affects your critical hit rate, which can cause some pretty massive damage when using powerful later game weapons.  It also effects how many time you can hit enemies when you use attacks that say will hit an enemy a certain amount of times.  So if you use an attack that says will hit 2-4 times, if your Luck is high your more likely to get all 4 hits in, and some could be critical hits as well.  So if you use attack buffing spells to the max, and your character has a multi hit weapon, with a high luck stat, you can destroy most enemies and bosses pretty quick.

M.K.Ultra:

--- Quote from: Luigi Dude on February 24, 2022, 04:09:32 PM ---Actually maxing out the Luck stat will make the game easier.  The Luck stat affects your critical hit rate, which can cause some pretty massive damage when using powerful later game weapons.  It also effects how many time you can hit enemies when you use attacks that say will hit an enemy a certain amount of times.  So if you use an attack that says will hit 2-4 times, if your Luck is high your more likely to get all 4 hits in, and some could be critical hits as well.  So if you use attack buffing spells to the max, and your character has a multi hit weapon, with a high luck stat, you can destroy most enemies and bosses pretty quick.

--- End quote ---
Interesting. It has been pretty easy, but I have also been doing all the side quests and I have not had to grind at all.

Order.RSS:
Thanks for the explanation, so basically like leaning on the scales in situations of chance huh.

I'd like to get SMT5, but it does seem like conversation on it died very quickly. Not sure if that's due to the timeframe (holiday season) or getting buried in an absolute barrage of terrible news events. Or maybe it just doesn't have the audience to sustain hype for it I guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version