Gaming Forums > General Gaming

Community Event: NWR Forum February 2022

(1/11) > >>

Khushrenada:
There's been some chatter again recently about the trickle of new posts on the forums. While many posters still like the community and members here, they've found it hard to stay engaged because why try to start a conversation if it will take days for someone to respond? It's a fair point. I know I've been feeling the same malaise. Yet, I know there's still some desire for discussion on these forums because you will see more posting when we've had a Community Event like Backlaugust or some big news like the Microsoft purchase of Activision. It got me thinking that maybe another Community Event could help spark things for a few weeks here.

The idea is simple. For the month of February, the goal for participants is to make 3 posts on the forum per day. (Mafia Game and Safe Words Game related posts don't count. :'( ) Posts can be as big or small as you want. Even if the post is just a response that "I enjoyed playing (insert game title)" to someone else's comment. That counts. That's a valid post. It doesn't have to be a Khushrenada Special (aka ten paragraph wall of text). Because even a simple post like that may be the spark for someone else to decide to post something and carry on a discussion or trigger some point they'd like to share.

Because this idea is only happening a week into February, it will probably be even easier to accomplish since there's only three weeks left now. For a user that means 63 posts for the month at this point. Let's say 10 people participate. That would be 630 posts made on the forums. Chances are that new posting will trigger some other comments from users not involved in the event. Who knows how much activity we could spark for a few weeks? Heck, to ease into this, there is even going to be Nintendo Direct tomorrow. That should help give people something to post about for awhile.

Was there a topic you've had on your mind for awhile but just never got around to creating? Here's your chance. Was there a topic you've always meant to respond to but never got around to it? Here's the chance to do so. Got a lame joke for the Funhouse you thought was too stupid? Post it now.  ;D

Maybe there's a game you finally got around to playing and then checked the review for it on NWR and would like to respond but it's been months or years since it was put up. Go ahead and make a post for it. I know there's been an "unwritten rule" about bumping Talkback threads. For the next three weeks, the restriction will be lifted for a couple reasons. First, I'm curious if it will really be an issue or not.  ;D Second, I've seen staff comment on the Discord one time about being happy a Talkback thread was getting some comments. Let's face it. If you were writing reviews, I'm sure you'd like to eventually see some feedback or comments on your work. So, there's a chance commenting on a review or some other feature could make that author glad to see someone cared about their effort. And I think that is worth allowing some bumping in Talkback.

Khushrenada:
To make this a bit less daunting to read, I’ll divvy it up with this second post.

I thought by doing this as a Community Event with other users taking the plunge to commit to make 3 posts a day that we can cheer each other on and support the other users doing this. (Which would mean making a post. Yes!) With the Winter Olympics, I’ll even take from that and add it into this event. If there are three weeks and a user would have to make 21 posts per week then that means a participant in this event can be a Bronze Medal Forum User at 21 posts for the month, a Silver Medal Forum User at 42 posts for the month and a Gold Medal Forum User at 63 posts for the month. Just post in here as you reach a level.

What if a user posts more than 3 posts in a day? Great! You’re getting ahead of the game and those can all count to your grand total. What if a user doesn’t post anything for a couple days? No problem. There’s no disqualifications and maybe they can make up those days later on and still reach the 63 post goal. Can a user post more than 3 a day or a total of 63 posts? Of course. Don’t hold back from posting if you’ve got more you want to discuss. This isn’t a limit but just a simple minimum. Heck, if you think you can suddenly post 400 messages over the next three weeks then go for first place in this event. Just don’t be spamming. What if I just post 10 messages this month? You’re still a winner. Because no matter how much is posted, all users win by seeing an uptick in posting for the month of February.

Will this event just be a small blip or possible last gasp of a forum that’s drying up? Perhaps. But I’d say it is still better than no blip at all. And who knows? Maybe it will turn out to be easy enough that people find three posts a day isn’t that hard to do and can easily make it part of their internet loop for some time after the event.

Who’s in?

Khushrenada:
Who's in:

Khushrenada
BeautifulShy
Bungle5
Pokepal148
King of Twitch
Luigi Dude
Mop it up
Adrock

Bronze Medal Forum Users:

Adrock
BeautifulShy
pokepal148

Silver Medal Forum Users:

Bungle5
Mop it up

Gold Medal Forum Users:

Khushrenada

Khushrenada:
Also, if you want an easy way to keep track of how you are doing, just look at your forum profile and then the stats tab to see your current post count total. You could post it here or send yourself a pm with the number. That way, if you are wondering how many posts you've made in February you can just check your stat page again and compare the new total to your old total.

BeautifulShy:
I'm in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version