Community Forums > General Chat

Official Avatar Discussion

<< < (3/866) > >>

S-U-P-E-R:
I love end bosses and I love crappy movies based on video games. Although maybe I'll switch back to the Boldo saying something random so I can join ThePerm's disco team again

PIAC:
I AM MURRAY! DEMONIC UBERSKULL AND HARBRINGER OF YOUR DOOM!

I WILL.. err sorry, got carried away there ^_^ but yes, my avatar is MURRAY! DEM... its murray from the steller, mutli emmy and grammy award winning (well that bit is a lie), best series EVAH, series Monkey Island (tm) my favorite game series of all time (they better make another one )

also this Murray Avatar (tm) was masterfully crafted by arcane avatar craftsmen whos being and creations transend time and space, in other words Grey Ninja made it for me

KnowsNothing:
I've been wondering this for a while.  How does one creat their own animated avatar (under the 20 KB limit of course)?

Grey Ninja:
Well, I use Ulead GIF Animator.  It's a shareware program with a 30 day trial though, so you have to do various tricks to extend the deadline.

Once you create your gif, you can reduce the number of colors to make it smaller.  My last avatar was 32 colors, had 7 frames of animation, and was just under 12k.

The new version of PIAC's avatar I created is 3.2k, 64x64 pixels, and 16 colors.  It looks slightly better than the one he is currently using, but I haven't gotten around to uploading it yet.  

aoi tsuki:
Mine's from the anime Naruto. i'm too lazy to give a description of it, so visit www.narutoguide.com for info. It's one of my favorite longer series in a while, and it's one of the most popular anime right now.

The Perm - Pretty slick!! i always meant to ask where you got that avatar from. At first i thought it was from the anime Lupin. Flash is a great vector program, although if you're from the Illustrator school of thought, it'll take some time to get used to it's quirks. It's probably better for avatars since it handles animation and exports to animated GIF as well.

mouse clicker - Always loved that avatar. Simple, but great work from a paint program. Reminds me of one of my first drawings in BASIC.

Grey Ninja - What was your old avatar from?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version