Community Forums > Movies & TV

All Things Netflix! Coming Soon: The Netflix Experience, Live and In Person!??

<< < (134/138) > >>

Adrock:
I didn't want to start a new thread for this.

My Disney+ subscription expires next month. I'm strongly considering the Disney+ and Hulu without ads bundle. I don't need so many streaming services so I may also cancel my recurring Netflix subscription and subscribe only when there's something I really want to watch.

Has anyone else done this or something similar? How is it working out for you?

BlackNMild2k1:
Mine ends in a little less than a month....

I plan on looking into the D+ Hulu adless bundle, or the triple package if my computer continues to skip the ads on Hulu, which it was doing just fine, until this weekend. I can also get ESPN+ in a bundle for cheaper than D+ and Hulu adless bundled, then I might go that route.

I 'm guessing it has something to do with a Chrome update, but i"ve had adless Hulu for years without paying for no ads. Now when I encounter an ad... everything just stops. Not sure how to get past it.

But I believe there was a D+ thread as well.

on the other hand, Netflix is supposed to be launching a Ad Based tier for $6.99mo or something like that. so maybe that will also become an option.

Stratos:
We cancelled the Disney bundle and now only pay for Netflix and D+. Also get Amazon because we buy Prime for shipping and such. No losses in months until this month. Wife bought a .99/month deal for Hulu to check out a new show and plans to cancel once she is done.

NWR_insanolord:

--- Quote from: BlackNMild2k1 on October 17, 2022, 01:49:35 AM ---Mine ends in a little less than a month....

I plan on looking into the D+ Hulu adless bundle, or the triple package if my computer continues to skip the ads on Hulu, which it was doing just fine, until this weekend. I can also get ESPN+ in a bundle for cheaper than D+ and Hulu adless bundled, then I might go that route.

I 'm guessing it has something to do with a Chrome update, but i"ve had adless Hulu for years without paying for no ads. Now when I encounter an ad... everything just stops. Not sure how to get past it.

But I believe there was a D+ thread as well.

on the other hand, Netflix is supposed to be launching a Ad Based tier for $6.99mo or something like that. so maybe that will also become an option.

--- End quote ---

Unless they changed it recently, if you want the bundle with ad-free Hulu you have to start with an ad-free Hulu subscription and upgrade to the bundle through that.

broodwars:
There's enough random stuff appearing on Netflix and Hulu that my family's kept the subscriptions going, but Disney+ and Crunchyroll go off and on depending on what's new. It just doesn't make sense to keep these subscriptions if we're not going to use them. We currently only have Disney+ because of a heavily-discounted Hulu bundle, and I suspect that'll go away as well once Disney inevitably yanks that discount to put it in line with their other price hiked tiers.

We also have Paramount+ because...well, because my Dad is fond of the stuff on there. Still, if you're ever in the mood for 90s Nickelodeon Game Shows, that's definitely the place to get your fix. Maybe someday I'll finally get around to watching Star Trek Voyager instead of just letting SF Debris do it for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version