Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

What will Nintendo release in 2022?

<< < (2/15) > >>

Evan_B:

--- Quote from: Luigi Dude on January 01, 2022, 03:40:19 PM ---8.  A new 2D Zelda using the Links Awakening remake engine will be revealed, but will have a 2013 release date.

9.  A new 2D Mario will be revealed this year and will be their big Spring 2013 game.  Nintendo is probably hoping the Mario movie at the end of this year will be a huge hit, and will want the first new 2D Mario in a decade to come out shortly after in March of 2013.

--- End quote ---
Damn, I didn't know this was the year Nintendo releases time travel.

Breath of the Wild 2 is 2022. It happens. The world is changed for the better.
Xenoblade 3 is announced for 2023.
Metroid Prime gets a trailer but no release year/date. Make us suffer.
Some stupid platformer gets made that is very milquetoast.
Nintendo experiments with roguelike design, or at the very least, Pokemon releases a Rumble game using the mechanics.

nickmitch:
Aw, ****. Here we go again.

* Detective Pikachu finally comes out. I think this year offers the most room for that game to breathe. With Legends Arceus out soon, I don't think we get Gen IX this year, so it's that or Johto re-remakes. And I think Detective Pikachu 2 is more likely. The other option is DLC for SwSh or Legends.
* Splatoon 3 is delayed to 2023. I think the game is due for a delay.
* Metroid Prime 4 happens in trailer form.
* Breath of the Wild 2 is the big holiday release.
* We got Wario Ware last year, so the party game for 2022 is Rhythm Heaven.
* I know there are rumors of new hardware, but I'll say no new hardware announcements this year. The Switch is doing great, and the supply chain is not. I think Nintendo would want Switch sales to peter out a little more.
* There will be at least one HD remake of a GameCube game released on Switch this year. I think Nintendo would want to explore HD ports over putting games on NSO, and I base that opinion on absolutely nothing. I will also count this as a win if the Zelda port rumors are true.
* Might as well dust this one off: Bayonetta 3 is the Halloween release.
* I think there's been enough time for a new Donkey Kong game to be announced. I'm not confident enough to predict who's developing.
* I think I want my wildcard to be either Chibi Robo or Pikmin. So, I'll go with a Chibo Robo announcement this year.

Order.RSS:
Kirby and the Forgotten Land just got its release date: March 25th. Might mean Bungle has the first miss of the year if they make the release date.  ;)

Adrock:
I didn't play last year. I was poking around the forums so I'll throw my hat in:

* A new Mario game will be released in December to coincide with the movie. It will have nothing to do with the movie.
* Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid Prime 4's development without mentioning a release date then charge full price for a Metroid Prime remaster. This is very specifically not Metroid Prime Trilogy. (I’ll begrudgingly buy it anyway)
* Nintendo will also charge full price for a remaster of Metroid: Samus Returns.
* Splatoon 3 will be released in the Summer.
* Bayonetta 3 will be released in October. PlatinumGames will justify Hellena Taylor not returning as as the main character because you play as Cereza even though canonically Cereza is Bayonetta. Taylor cameo at the end and to voice grunts and screams for Bayonetta as an unlockable character.
* The follow up to Breath of the Wild will be delayed. It won't be a sequel to Breath of the Wild.
* A multiplayer Legend of Zelda will be released for free on Nintendo Switch Online, $19.99 USD to play local/offline.
* A bunch of Rare games will show up on Nintendo Switch Online including GoldenEye 007. There will be cross-platform online play with the inevitable Xbox Live version.
* Some weird gimmick peripheral like Labo or Ring Fit Adventure with an accompanying game will be released. Either no one will care or everyone will.
* I need something outlandish so something something F-Zero something, developed by the Mario Kart team.EDIT: clarified #9. Also, I wanted to add a prediction not about a release (outside of the numbered list): Nintendo will acknowledge a Switch successor then release no other information. Waiting out the chip shortages before committing to new hardware seems like a more Nintendo thing to do.

Evan_B:
This is the second time I’ve heard someone speculate that the Bayonetta in the Bayonetta 3 trailer is not Bayonetta. I mean, I’m sure that Platinum could make this happen with their crack team of expert writers, but I cannot fathom how anyone could come to this conclusion based on a reveal trailer. Care to enlighten me?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version