Author Topic: Episode 724: Naked Gun 358/2 Days  (Read 21612 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Episode 724: Naked Gun 358/2 Days
« on: May 30, 2021, 05:51:53 PM »

If only The Queen could be a Disney princess.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/57327/episode-724-naked-gun-3582-days

This week we got to do a dress rehearsal of the show, so you would assume we're better than usual this week. We aren't. At one point Jon is going to the future to kill himself, so things are about normal.

James finally returns to playing video games, by reading a book! It's Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir, and it's a visual novel, not a game. But, he likes it. Greg finished New Pokémon Snap and bought Space Invaders Invincible Collection. The collection of Space Invaders content has been packaged in a particularly consumer-unfriendly way, so he bought it on the Japanese eShop to get the most Invaders for his money. Guillaume takes on the task of trying to describe Kentucky Route Zero. It's a very tall ask. Lastly, Jon bought some stuff. Haze, the mediocre PS3 first person shooter endorsed by Korn, and a PS5, a system he calls tragically ugly.

After the break we spend a long time on a duo of emails: Is Metalhead doomed under EA's ownership and what games reflect the era of their release as well as Crazy Taxi. It's time to make some CRAZY CONTENT so Here. We. GO!

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 724: Naked Gun 358/2 Days
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 06:54:39 PM »
I've heard of people say KRZ is good, but never heard it explained. It sounds very interesting. I think I will play it now.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 724: Naked Gun 358/2 Days
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 03:10:21 PM »
Another really funny episode, love the contrast between Gui trying to sell everyone on a game with literary aspirations, while Jon is out here ordering Haze from the Marshall Islands.

Kentucky Route Zero sounds a lot more interesting than I thought. I saw it in a lot of GOTY lists last year, but never really understood what it was about.