Author Topic: 6th Annual NWR Live Podcast Telethon for Child’s Play!  (Read 12243 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: 6th Annual NWR Live Podcast Telethon for Child’s Play!
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2015, 01:34:00 PM »
Did anyone by any chance record the full chat log?  I was able to participate like I normally do because of Fatherly responsibilities.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2015, 12:13:15 AM »
Minecraft would be good but I'd much rather have Undertale.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline fred13

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2015, 05:03:42 PM »
Nice detective work TOPHATANT123 or should I call you Sherlock?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2015, 05:48:39 PM »
Listening to the archive, I'd just like to add this: James, 3D-style design absolutely can work in RTS design. The Home world franchise mastered moving your fleets of ships and fighter craft on all 3 axis a long time ago. :P
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline fred13

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2015, 12:37:30 PM »
We still haven't met the goal (by we I mean us listeners).
Maybe if one of you NWR groups offered another locked content it'd push us to finish.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2015, 08:58:15 PM »
Again, if we beat the record I'll finish Skyward Sword and you'll get 1000 words on it.

(Most of them may be profanities.)
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2015, 01:43:51 AM »
Again, if we beat the record I'll finish Skyward Sword and you'll get 1000 words on it.

As they should be.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2015, 01:52:39 AM »

how close are we in numbers?

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2015, 05:03:58 AM »
I've listened to most of the telethon, minus the last three segments. Some thoughts:

Introduction and RFN on 3D: Good, interesting, thought-provoking discussion. The usual high-quality RFN, only live! Like the history on how Now Playing has changed over the years.

Nindies: Nice to hear Damon's perspective on things. And incredible that NOA matched donations during the hour. That was great and unexpected news.

Amiibo: Good to hear Justin and Andrew. Thought Neal gave a good overview of what Skylanders is and how it has changed. It was interesting even to someone like me who hasn't played the games.

J&J Dream Factory LLC: New peaks have been reached gentlemen! Though I hope the day is very far off, eventually Jon and James will leave RFN (by death of old age in the former's case, if nothing else). When that dread day comes, I hope James and Jon (if still living) will continue to do podcasts together in one form or another. Like Laurel and Hardy, Mutt and Jeff, and butter on a biscuit, they are meant to be together. The amount of thought and creativity packed into this segment is remarkable.

Games We Love to Hate: Josh, Kim and Becky. I dub thee Jon and James: The Next Generation. I'm not sure who is Captain Picard. Probably Kim. Josh and Becky can fight over who's Riker. Even the early technical problems didn't slow it down too much. Makes me realize how much I missed you guys on Connectivity and wished you could be on there semi-regularly. I know personal schedules plays a big part in that, but just know you three are always welcome, if that should happen. Kim and Becky together are great. Add Josh to the mix and it's like magic happens!

A Different Kind of Sonic Adventure: Unexpected. Turned out to be an interesting discussion. Kudos to Curtis and TYP, mi particular.

LIVE! Radio Trivia Non-Podcast Edition!: TYP's usual level of excellence. It was nice to play along to, even after the fact. Great to hear Karlie again!

Famicast Live from Japan!: JC and Ty, two good peas in a very strange pod. The conversation flew along. Good to hear Cheesemeister on something besides Red Sun Gamer. I think he fit in well. Maybe he could be a guest on a future episode of Famicast, eh? :)

Connectivity: Slip, Slop, Slap and Shine Get - Mario Sunshine Retrospective: Good breakdown of the game. Made me think of the game in a different way. I do think it would be a good candidate for remastering with a few minor game changes.

Overall, I thought the telethon was a great success. Good mix of people and subjects. Wish there had been a bit more call-ins from listeners. But there can always be technical probelms with that, breaking up the flow of a good conversation, etc. That's sort of a damned if you do or don't situation.

Offline SonofMrPeanut

• (illegitimately)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2016, 03:52:02 PM »
Listening to Jose's spot, I got to the comments on Club Nintendo and felt the need to weigh in.

I love the fact that Nintendo offered surveys as a direct line to communicate our opinions on their products and practices.  Will everyone want to fill them out, though?  No.  Do I want to fill it out every single time?  Not really.  But do I want feedback gone entirely?  Certainly not.  However, the existence of Miiverse may negate the need for a separate survey entirely.  Their goal is to collect opinions from the owners of a certain game, and now each game has its own Miiverse community.  They have their line, and there's no need to get My Nintendo involved in that particular Club Nintendo way.  Someone like Jose can now be free to conveniently "just get their thing," and it doesn't come at the kind of cost it could have.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2016, 11:40:45 AM »
Revived my amiibo today all the way from the US of A, I'd like to thank the site for it's generosity and I look forward to next years telephon.