Author Topic: Nintendo are being very cheeky with Starfox Zero  (Read 1823 times)

Offline Miyamoto

• Only person correctly capable of predicting the Switch's demise
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
Nintendo are being very cheeky with Starfox Zero
« on: April 22, 2016, 07:49:43 PM »
So earlier this year they announced that first prints of the game would come with Guard for free. Great I thought, I'll pre-order it straight away. Then it turns up as just the game so I go online to find it's being sold in single and bundle versions. So that thing about Guard being given for free with first print runs was BS then?

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo are being very cheeky with Starfox Zero
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 07:52:34 PM »
Well which region are you in?

Offline Miyamoto

• Only person correctly capable of predicting the Switch's demise
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 07:56:22 PM »
Europe. I'm glad that delivery truck got robbed. Serves them right for tricking me out of my copy of Guard.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 08:15:19 PM »
Is it still the same price for single and bundle version? If so, that's messed up.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 08:26:58 PM »
Europe. I'm glad that delivery truck got robbed. Serves them right for tricking me out of my copy of Guard.
Mmm. Criminal activity should not be condoned in any circumstance, so I'm going to have to ask you to take a step back and check that privilege.

I recently had to cancel my preorder of Tokyo Mirage Sessions in order to place a proper order for the collector's edition. Did you happen to check up on your preorder and confirm the Guard bundle just to make sure? If so, the argument isn't really applicable.

HOWEVER, if it totally is, and you preordered a bundle for both games that was listed specifically as such, that is a shame. Some customer service exchanges should more than likely clear up the issue, however- I've had to call them several times regarding orders and I haven't found much resistance in my conversations with them. I live in NA, however, so I can't really speak towards customer service in NoE. Let me know how that turns out.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 08:33:23 PM »
I believe it can be cheaper to get the single and then digitally Guard than getting the bundle (or it would be if the bundle wasn't sold out) but the bundle has a physical disc for Guard as well as a steel book.

They did specify that Guard only comes with the bundle in Europe, but calling the bundle the "First Print Edition" makes it ambiguous as to whether you get it or not even if you buy it on launch day.