Author Topic: Nintendo Free Radio 67: Negotiating In Bad Faith  (Read 4812 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Nintendo Free Radio 67: Negotiating In Bad Faith
« on: October 27, 2015, 08:52:49 PM »
Nice little store of money you got there. Pray we don't alter it any further.

Time: 3'09:00 (Download)

As the game season winds up - or in some cases, down - Nintendo Free Radio brings a bit of calm in a sea of insanity. Stephen kicks off New Business with Planetary Annihilation, a 2014 real time strategy game in which the end game only involves blowing up planets sometimes, before providing a look at Star Wars Battlefront's beta and yet another frickin' Hoth stage. Donald is next with a beta of his own for The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes, which went... poorly. Following a quick trip to the diamond with MLB 15 The Show's Vita version that you can actually take out to the ball game, the team hunts down snacks of various kinds in Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash. Austen has a quick preview of Yoshi's Woolly World before hammering down on Transformers Devestation, the most expensive bargain game in the history of man, and 2014 indie puzzler (now on PS4) The Talos Principle.

Whatcha Watchin' is a return to the superhero brigade with updates on The Flash, Arrow and Agents of Shield, then it gets into the oddball anime territory. Stephen watched the eternally long-named Is It OK To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon, and Austen has the combative Selector Infector Wixoss and the... unusual Outbreak Company.

The Feature actually was recorded separately in the event of a potential Direct before everyone forgot about quiet periods – but there was still some news to talk about. A potential hostile takeover of Ubisoft by a company who's even worse, microtransactions in $60+ games and a now somewhat out-of-date set of Paris Games Week predictions for Sony hit the board. Then comes the Mushrooms, in which people suffer for charity, customer service works and something Austen and Sony related breaks. Take a drink.

Be sure to drop us a comment below, Tweet us or send us an email if there's something you want to see on the next show!

This podcast was recorded on October 18, with a portion on October 22, and was edited by Donald Theriault. The podcast also contains a live posterization: see if you can find it!
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Nintendo Free Radio 67: Negotiating In Bad Faith
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 09:03:52 PM »
Hey we all know Highschool DxD and Sword Art Online are the best! :rolleyes:
Made you look ****.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 12:48:18 AM »
Hey we all know Highschool DxD and Sword Art Online are the best! ::)

As I've said before, I actually liked Sword Art Online...until it took its strong female character & damsel-ed her with an attempted rapist.  As for High School DxD...I haven't seen it, but I've heard the only reasons to watch it come in pairs.  ::)

I can tolerate a certain amount of fanservice or just plain icky subject matter if it's presented well (as I hope I established with Wixoss), but my patience for it has dwindled over the years as Japan has sunk increasingly into otaku-centric fetish shows.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 10:24:45 PM »
well watch Hellsing Ultimate no mushy love their, but srsly what anime doesn't have romance?
Made you look ****.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 10:40:31 PM »
well watch Hellsing Ultimate no mushy love their, but srsly what anime doesn't have romance?

I've also talked about Hellsing Ultimate on this show: starts great, and then ends as an utter, incomprehensible mess. Pity, too...IIRC, NA had to wait the better part of a decade to see how that cluster**** finally ended.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 11:06:55 PM »
Elfen Lied, Black Lagoon?
Made you look ****.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 11:15:39 PM »
Elfen Lied, Black Lagoon?

Both good shows, and both are from the early 2000s. Hell, I think I may have actually talked about the BluRay for Black Lagoon on this show, because I really had to censor "Chinglish" 's introduction clip for the show. :P

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 12:04:49 AM »
I want Elfen Lied season 2 :'(
try DxD if you liked Elfen you'll love it.
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 12:07:03 AM »
watching Wolverine and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood at the moment, and one piece every now and again when funimation realse's batch's of dub's (usually in batch's of 20)waiting for ep 422
Made you look ****.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 12:22:09 AM »
watching Wolverine and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood at the moment, and one piece every now and again when funimation realse's batch's of dub's (usually in batch's of 20)waiting for ep 422

Ugh...man, I have so many problems with FMA Brotherhood compared to the first series. I'll be curious to see what you think of that show when you're done with it, considering the last 1/3 of that show is just endless fight scene after endless fight scene. Never got into One Piece. I kind of lose interest when I hear a series has 700+ episodes, considering I've yet to see a series legitimately justify going past 50 or so.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2015, 12:35:52 AM »
I like my stuff long! ;)
I watched the original it's a good story but doesn't look as good. and one piece I s amazing, try it probably some of the best dubbing ever is by funimation, there's a lot of "filler" episodes but other then that amazing anime. Code Breaker is pretty good and so is a certain magical index.

I also remember Sonic X as a kid and I absolute loved it then, so a said why the hell not revisit it?
Worst decision of my life.
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2015, 12:37:31 AM »
I would love to see you guys play cards against humanity, just a bit off-topic.
Made you look ****.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2015, 09:26:09 PM »
I would love to see you guys play cards against humanity, just a bit off-topic.
That might be fun.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2015, 11:24:07 PM »
It would have to be a special video tho... listening to it might be a bit lame.
Made you look ****.