Author Topic: Switchmas Eve Rumors and Speculations Thread  (Read 663698 times)

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: NX hot scoops straight from Google!
« Reply #1800 on: August 12, 2016, 03:35:28 AM »
Also more current is this http://knowtechie.com/amd-polaris-rising-star-flop/

"An exciting summer it was. Fans of both camps had something to rejoice about. Although some were happier than the others, it is evident that the story doesn’t end here. AMD is yet to unveil its high-end chips, labeled as Vega. Nvidia is rumored to release Volta architecture for the next year. Sony is launching its new Polaris based Playstation 4 Neo next month, and Microsoft and Nintendo are also revising their hardware with AMD’s latest chips (a great win for AMD). So, more exciting months are ahead of us, regarding the new gaming hardware."
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: August 12, 2016, 03:57:17 AM »
I'd go as far as to say the majority of them actually know less about it than we do.

Plot twist, Nintendo is not doing the NX. The Playstation NEO is actually Sony buying out Nintendo.

:P

That reminds me of a lovely thread from General Gaming Discussion.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: August 12, 2016, 05:14:35 AM »
Here's more fuel to the fire http://finance.yahoo.com/news/amd-revenues-hit-weakness-semi-130735686.html

Semi-custom business

AMD, which competes with Intel (INTC) and NVIDIA (NVDA) in the CPU (central processing unit) and GPU (graphics processing unit) market, dominates the gaming console market. It’s the sole supplier of semi-custom processors for Japan-based (EWJ) Sony’s (SNE) PlayStation 4 and Microsoft’s (MSFT) Xbox. It has also won an order for Nintendo’s upcoming console, codenamed “NX.”
I don't get it. How was any of this a response to my post? Companies routinely do not tell investors things. The link you posted doesn't refute that at all.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: August 12, 2016, 10:26:46 AM »
But the link he provided does specifically mention that AMD is doing chips for the NX. So that would back his claim that Nvidia has nothing to do with the NX, and that AMD is still working directly with Nintendo.

But yes, it does not refute your claim that some companies will not share everything with investors.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: August 12, 2016, 12:47:17 PM »
There is no source for that (which would be huge news) though, it's just placed there with no explanation. The three new console chips that are not the current consoles (at the time) are Xbox One S, Project Scorpio, and PS4 Neo.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: August 12, 2016, 12:59:31 PM »
There is no source for that (which would be huge news) though, it's just placed there with no explanation. The three new console chips that are not the current consoles (at the time) are Xbox One S, Project Scorpio, and PS4 Neo.

XBOX One S does not count as its not a new semi conductor, it's just a slightly ramped up xbone.

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: August 12, 2016, 01:42:41 PM »

Well, there was that article from yahoo news, but that was in may and the following was just 48 hrs ago, so it's something.

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: August 12, 2016, 02:40:18 PM »
It seems pretty clear that whoever wrote that Yahoo piece saw a rumour while they were doing their research and mistakenly took it as fact. If they actually had real knowledge on what chip the NX would be using, it would be its own story instead of a throwaway line in an analysis of AMD's Q1 earnings for the fiscal year and what those results might mean for its future. The same goes for the other link. I don't think there's anything of value to glean from either one of those.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: August 12, 2016, 03:20:16 PM »
I don't know what semiconductors have to do with anything...but according to Microsoft, it's a new console. The APU is not the same as the one in the original Xbox One, otherwise the difference between the two would just be a software upgrade (apart from the UHD Blu-ray drive) - so it does count as a difference chip, because it is different.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: August 12, 2016, 04:10:06 PM »
I love how those two articles didn't even bother to put a token "sources say" to their bogus claims. MarketRealist and KnowTechie out there breaking news, son!
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: August 12, 2016, 05:10:00 PM »
But the link he provided does specifically mention that AMD is doing chips for the NX. So that would back his claim that Nvidia has nothing to do with the NX, and that AMD is still working directly with Nintendo.

But yes, it does not refute your claim that some companies will not share everything with investors.
Not really getting the point of this either. MysticGohan can sing about AMD all day long if he so chooses. My confusion is rooted in him quoting me as if what he said was some kind of counterpoint. Sure, the link backs his AMD stroking, but it still has nothing to do with my specific post. At this point, I think MysticGohan is just trolling. That article is from May. If there was any truth to it, we wouldn't still be talking about this.

And what I said about companies not sharing everything with investors isn't a "claim." It's fact. They don't. This has been proven publicly countless times. If it wasn't, there would be no secrets. There would be no need for leaks. If you owned even one share, you'd be privy to tons of information. Media outlets everywhere would do just that. If Nvidia scored a contract with Nintendo, there's no hard and fast rule that it has to announce the partnership as soon as the ink dries. It's weird that such a thing is still even being entertained by anyone.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: August 12, 2016, 06:54:16 PM »

Not really getting the point of this either. MysticGohan can sing about AMD all day long if he so chooses. My confusion is rooted in him quoting me as if what he said was some kind of counterpoint. Sure, the link backs his AMD stroking, but it still has nothing to do with my specific post. At this point, I think MysticGohan is just trolling. That article is from May. If there was any truth to it, we wouldn't still be talking about this.

And what I said about companies not sharing everything with investors isn't a "claim." It's fact. They don't. This has been proven publicly countless times. If it wasn't, there would be no secrets. There would be no need for leaks. If you owned even one share, you'd be privy to tons of information. Media outlets everywhere would do just that. If Nvidia scored a contract with Nintendo, there's no hard and fast rule that it has to announce the partnership as soon as the ink dries. It's weird that such a thing is still even being entertained by anyone.

My point I'd simply it's likely amd is powering the nx, Nvidia already dismissed the Tegra SOC for a future gaming focus, no matter the platform. J. Wong was very clear. https://t.co/kYgFXv51By

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: August 12, 2016, 07:25:19 PM »
Can we please not use random Twitter accounts for "facts?" And the only thing CEO Jen-Hsun Huang said, which you have to find through the link on the page that's linked in the twitter feed (http://wccftech.com/nvidia-longer-interested-making-mobile-socs/) is this - “We are no longer interested in that market. Anybody can build smartphones, and we’re happy to enjoy these devices, but we’ll let someone else build them.” Nvidia is not dropping out of the mobile market (ever heard of a laptop?), they are still pushing the Nvidia Shield Android TV (which I own two of) and plan on expanding GeForce Now on that platform.

Also, the guy who you just quoted from Twitter thinks that the article linked makes it *more likely* that Nvidia is working on the NX.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: August 12, 2016, 07:53:45 PM »
Can we please not use random Twitter accounts for "facts?" And the only thing CEO Jen-Hsun Huang said, which you have to find through the link on the page that's linked in the twitter feed (http://wccftech.com/nvidia-longer-interested-making-mobile-socs/) is this - “We are no longer interested in that market. Anybody can build smartphones, and we’re happy to enjoy these devices, but we’ll let someone else build them.” Nvidia is not dropping out of the mobile market (ever heard of a laptop?), they are still pushing the Nvidia Shield Android TV (which I own two of) and plan on expanding GeForce Now on that platform.

Also, the guy who you just quoted from Twitter thinks that the article linked makes it *more likely* that Nvidia is working on the NX.

They've canceled their shield projects.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/08/11/nvidia-shield-2-tablet-cancelled/

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: August 12, 2016, 08:29:04 PM »
Cancelling of the Shield line would be, for me, a better indication of Nintendo being powered by NVidia.  It lets them do what their going to do regardless, make chips, instead of having to have to worry about all the extra things you need to do when you have a platform.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: August 12, 2016, 08:36:03 PM »
They aren't cancelling the Shield line, just the Shield K1 and not making a new model. Shield Android TV is still going...wish I would have gotten a tablet before though. I also have the portable. Nice little system.

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: August 13, 2016, 07:47:33 PM »
They aren't cancelling the Shield line, just the Shield K1 and not making a new model. Shield Android TV is still going...wish I would have gotten a tablet before though. I also have the portable. Nice little system.

They're canceling Shield 2.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: August 13, 2016, 08:35:51 PM »
That's exactly what I just said, though they aren't cancelling it, just not introducing a new model...and it would be the Shield Tablet 2, not the Shield 2 (which they also never made).

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: August 17, 2016, 08:40:29 PM »

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1819 on: August 17, 2016, 10:10:47 PM »
Do you really want EA on the NX though?
Made you look ****.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: August 17, 2016, 10:23:56 PM »
Do you really want EA on the NX though?

Hmm looking at their releases this gen... Maybe I would buy Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare NX? That's probably about it, unless Unravel was cheap.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 10:25:27 PM by ShyGuy »

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1821 on: August 17, 2016, 10:27:50 PM »
EA, the only thing I really liked of theirs was Mass Effect (one of my fav games especially 2) but I hate the company and every unfinished piece of **** they come out with.
Made you look ****.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: August 17, 2016, 10:35:07 PM »
I always loved Burnout aka Need for Speed. Aren't those published by EA?

Oh and the holiest of holies....FIFA.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1823 on: August 17, 2016, 10:38:56 PM »
FIFA? fifa....
You like FIFA? The Game EA vomits out each year?
You my friend is what's wrong with the gaming industry.
Made you look ****.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1824 on: August 17, 2016, 11:23:14 PM »
FIFA is a pretty renown series. Saying EA "vomits" them out is a disservice.  They've even taken the time to start including women's teams recently.

But I think the overall question is pretty valid.  Does Nintendo need EA anymore?  What else of notable quality are they making outside their sport sims? 
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.