Author Topic: Switchmas Eve Rumors and Speculations Thread  (Read 671073 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: NX Rumors and Speculation Thread (#Team2017 Wins Again!)
« Reply #1450 on: June 17, 2016, 03:17:38 AM »
Part of unveiling the Wii U when they did was how many details had already leaked out about it. They were left with the unpleasant choice of letting all that sit out there or announcing it too early. With NX they've done a much better job of keeping everything under wraps.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: June 17, 2016, 09:59:32 AM »
No one is reporting on the latest news: Nintendo is not interested in terraflops but content! You heard it hear first. Nintendo is once again stating they are concerned about matching technical specs of the competitors. Cue the rage!

I'm not a graphics/specs whore, but you would at least hope their specifications would be comparable enough for ports from 3rd parties to be a low barrier of entry.  Even then, I expect to be disappointed by the 3rd party offerings, either due to them being not equivalent in quality or by not existing at all.

And I think this is at the crux of Nintendo's problem with 3rd parties.  People who buy Nintendo consoles only buy nintendo games, or at least that's the perception. 

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: June 17, 2016, 10:03:28 AM »
Watching the Microsoft conference you realize how stupid you sound when you say the word teraflops with a straight face.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: June 17, 2016, 12:06:55 PM »
People buy Nintendo games for Nintendo consoles because 3rd parties don't make good games for them. Perception = reality.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: June 17, 2016, 04:17:16 PM »
And I think this is at the crux of Nintendo's problem with 3rd parties.  People who buy Nintendo consoles only buy nintendo games, or at least that's the perception. 

The thing is Nintendo's third party support has been such **** for 20 years now that the Nintendo console audience is naturally going to be skewered towards gamers that are only interested in Nintendo games.  Aside from some stubborn fools like myself, it really hasn't made sense to buy a Nintendo console if third party support is important to you.  Or those for which it is important buy a Nintendo console as a second console specifically to get the first party stuff they're missing.  I noticed during the Wii gen that once I got fed up and bought a PS3 that suddenly I paid a whole lot less attention to the Wii's third party output because I didn't need to.  The PS3 was filling all the holes in my library except the Nintendo stuff.  But if the third party support was better at the start maybe the trend wouldn't be there.  How well did multiplatform releases on the Gamecube sell, because that's the closest since the N64 that Nintendo has had to the proper support they should have?  I think it was pretty good until the other consoles went online and the Cube always had the de facto worst version for missing online content.

Regarding specs (and gimmick controls while we're at it), Reggie can spin this or that but I KNOW what weak specs means: Wii and Wii U.  I know what we'll get and it will be pretty lousy and it would be pretty asinine after the Wii U's obvious failings to push essentially the Wii U AGAIN and expect any one to fall for it.  How about NO SPIN because there is no spin NEEDED?  What a concept!  Just make something that's awesome and brag about it openly with no PR speak.  Does Reggie have to use spin to explain why the new Zelda will be awesome?  Nope, he can just be open and honest about it and we'll eat it up.  If you need to train up your PR people to put the right spin of something then you have screwed up.  If you need spin for the NX then you need to rethink the NX.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: June 19, 2016, 04:47:25 AM »
Kinda make me wonder why not just say, "No comment," or, "We'll have more to say about the NX and Nintendo's future at a later date," to every NX question since that is the truth of Nintendo's PR plan with the NX.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1456 on: June 19, 2016, 07:38:58 PM »
Since nothing has been officially announced yet, and Nintendo waited to reveal the NX...Nintendo COULD, do a last minute upgrade.  I don't expect them too, but they could.  Even if it is just upping the RAM but I hope it is more than that.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1457 on: June 19, 2016, 09:21:32 PM »
No one is reporting on the latest news: Nintendo is not interested in terraflops but content! You heard it hear first. Nintendo is once again stating they are concerned about matching technical specs of the competitors. Cue the rage!

Watching the Microsoft conference you realize how stupid you sound when you say the word teraflops with a straight face.

Quote 2 explains why Nintendo wouldn't care about teraflops.  However, devs have been shown to care about that sort of thing, and devs drive content.  So, if Nintendo wants to care about content, then. . .ya know.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1458 on: June 19, 2016, 10:35:42 PM »
Talking about the power of your console is not what you do at an expo.  That is a fact sheet you give to potential developers and then you let your games speak for the power of the console.  Plain and simple.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1459 on: June 19, 2016, 11:10:17 PM »
The NX "will be fantastic" according to CD Projekt Red (The Witcher series):

http://www.nintengen.com/2016/06/cd-projekt-red-nx-will-be-fantastic.html?m=1
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: June 19, 2016, 11:21:53 PM »
Hmm, sounds like the power is not as strong as the new Xbox, but Nintendo has a spectacular trick up its sleeve.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: June 19, 2016, 11:48:47 PM »

He did mention that it is a console....
that's something I guess.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: June 20, 2016, 02:40:18 AM »
Yeah first Take Two and CD Projekt Red I'm not sure what to make of it. When someone like the usuals(EA or Ubisoft) have good things to say about a console you kinda know a bit of it is BS because they likely already have a hand in it somewhere and want their own stuff to be successful with he platform. But these two are different all together when you consider their history with Nintendo which is a whole lot of nothing. Well that Bully game is one thing but it certainly ain't no GTA.

So hopefully there is something significant behind these comments. Instead of saying it's fantastic you'd think CD would say something a little safer. I guess it gives me a little more hope.

About that Scorpio though, 5 teraflops? Isn't that like a full generation ahead?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: June 20, 2016, 03:15:04 AM »
Cater, you should know better by now than to get any sort of hopes up regarding vague comments developers about anything Nintendo.

And they made it sound like they aren't actually working on anything, as they may not really even have everything there is to know about what Nintendo is up to.

Nintendo (NTDOY) has already announced Nintendo NX will be coming out in spring 2017. What impact will new consoles from the major players have on the gaming industry over the next couple of years?

It could be very exciting. You never want to count Nintendo out. They go quiet for a while and then they come to market and do something really exciting. We are very interested and watching closely the development of what Nintendo plans to do next.

Sounds like they are sidelining it for now. Or just keeping expectations at Zero.
depends on how you want to look at it.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1465 on: June 20, 2016, 10:12:00 AM »

Apparently he was joking, and I, along with others, bought it hook, line, and sinker. Still, there seems to be plenty interested in the NX, developer-wise. Though that might not translate to support.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: June 20, 2016, 01:42:43 PM »
Developers are always interested in new systems, especially ones from veteran manufacturers. But just like we were interested in films like Batman Vs Superman before they released, the final product may not be worth following through on.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: June 21, 2016, 01:32:39 AM »
Developers are always interested in new systems, especially ones from veteran manufacturers. But just like we were interested in films like Batman Vs Superman before they released, the final product may not be worth following through on.

The unfortunate glass half is empty reality that is Nintendo and their 3rd party support.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 02:29:27 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: June 21, 2016, 01:40:37 AM »
It's kind of like how a video game thread gets way more posts before the game releases than after it.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: June 21, 2016, 11:53:52 PM »
That's super true.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline sudoshuff

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: June 22, 2016, 02:43:56 PM »
It's kind of like how a video game thread gets way more posts before the game releases than after it.

The Letter may be one exception to that rule.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: June 22, 2016, 04:15:38 PM »

The Letter may be one exception to that rule.

Well, the Letter is the game of the generation, so it just makes sense.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: June 22, 2016, 06:28:29 PM »

By then, everyone knows if it will suck or not based on the breakdown analysis of all the partial information given before the games release meaning no one has to actually buy or play the game and it experience it for themselves to see if that initial impression is right or not. After all, first impressions are always correct.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: June 22, 2016, 06:37:21 PM »
However, in all honesty, because of the backlog of games I have, I rarely play games when they are released. In addition, because I then don't want the game spoiled, I'll often avoid the game thread after, and sometimes a bit before, the game's release. I don't know how many other users may have the same mindset as me but that may be part of why discussion trails off at the time of a game's release.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: June 22, 2016, 08:55:01 PM »
The Letter is hilarious. I wouldn't let my nephew play Fatal Frame, but he did enjoy the **** out of The Letter. After he beat the game he was like "thats it?" I was like "yeah". After we were done playing The Letter we played fatal frame for 10 minutes. He started asking too many questions and I turned it off.

I still give the creator of the game accolades for being able to get the game on the eShop and making a buck. I still need to get my Nintendo developers license.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post