Author Topic: Phil posts a review for Mario Pinball Land.  (Read 3680 times)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Phil posts a review for Mario Pinball Land.
« on: December 17, 2014, 11:08:38 PM »
I like to get my reviews out to as many peeps as possible. Not that I wouldn't continue to write if only five people read my stuff. That's actually how many people read SuperPhillip Central in the beginning six years ago! No lie! Anyway, here's my review of Mario Pinball Land. It links to the full review on my site. I hope it's a fun read, and maybe you'll see other stuff there you like.

Mario is indeed a versatile character. He never shies away from leaving his comfortable platforming roles for rounds of golf, tennis, kart racing, and even an occasional Olympic outing. Most of the time these excursions from the norm are of tremendous quality and execution. Other times, you get what Mario Pinball Land is. While its beauty is apparent, a major design issue holds it back from being another game to add to Mario's greatest hits list.

The first thing you'll probably notice when playing or, even less, just viewing Mario Pinball Land is its remarkable production values. This is one of the Game Boy Advance's most graphically impressive games, having everything essentially being modeled to look 3D. You get a grand combination of animated sprites that are as fluid as water as well as a lovely rendered backgrounds that make for a game that looks marvelous on the GBA's small screen. It's really commendable what Fuse Games and Nintendo were able to do with the Game Boy Advance's relatively weak hardware.

Full review here! Yay!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)