Author Topic: Retro City Rampage DX Due Out Tomorrow  (Read 1586 times)

Offline CurtDogg

• Staff Writer, Twitch Streamer
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
Retro City Rampage DX Due Out Tomorrow
« on: February 05, 2014, 10:26:48 PM »

The enhanced version of the NES-style GTA game finally comes out on a current-gen Nintendo platform.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/36488

Retro City Rampage DX is finally arriving in the 3DS eShop tomorrow.

After a few months of vague release windows, Vblank Entertainment, the developers of the enhanced version of the WiiWare/PC/Playstation Network release of Retro City Rampage, has confirmed that the Deluxe version of the game will be hitting the 3DS eShop on February 6th. Costing $5 less than its console-counterpart, Retro City Rampage also promises various improvements from the initial release, including improved mission pacing, rebalanced weapons and controls, a redesigned minimap and UI, and more.

"Over the past year, I've continued to support Retro City Rampage, the PC version receiving its 16th update just a couple of weeks ago." says Brian Provinciano, the game's developer. "All of these improvements and additions paved the way for the greatly enhanced Retro City Rampage: DX, which takes things even further!"

"RCR:DX is miles ahead of the original PC and console release in 2012. Every single mission's been tweaked. Vehicles. Weapons. Challenges. Visual Effects. Visual Enhancements. Checkpoints. Difficulty. Challenges. Features. Player feedback and quality have been of the highest priority."

We will have a full review of Retro City Rampage DX within the next few days.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Retro City Rampage DX Due Out Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 11:07:44 PM »
As someone who was interested in this game before this is absolutely on my radar now.

Offline Rodrigue

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 11:20:30 PM »
"Costing $5 less than its console-counterpart"

Next time, just write the actual price.

Offline Azagthoth

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 10:31:48 AM »
"Costing $5 less than its console-counterpart"

Next time, just write the actual price.

Ummm... it is in there. $9.99 usd. Or was the article edited?

I've heard a lot about this game and for $10 I'll probably pick it up. I'll wait for the full review though.
Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

- George Bernard Shaw

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 10:30:56 PM »
Heads up: RCR developer actually did update WiiWare version up to DX revision.

That's commendable considering that he most likely never got his returns from this version.

I updated it last night, it's okay i guess.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks