Author Topic: NWR Forums Let's Suit Up  (Read 4147 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
NWR Forums Let's Suit Up
« on: July 09, 2013, 11:44:15 AM »

I've actually ran an experiment to see exactly how fake people can be. I've gone to the grocery story....nothing fancy, just the story in both a classy suit and warm ups. Both times I was cordial, charming, witty, and all around a nice person. Now why was it that my conversations were much shorter with random people or store clerks when I was wearing warm-ups compared to when I was wearing a suit? The answer is obvious and that's pretty much how most of the world works....if you let it.

So Barney was right.  We should wear suits?

ha "grocery story"

Every time I've seen someone who has mentioned Barney or "Suit up" while wearing a suit has looked desperate. Their suit didn't fit right; they were with someone else equally desperate in a suit; they were still drinking shitty beer.

I don't like to wear full suits, but I do like blazers. But even then, it's only because it gives me an advantage and not because it makes me feel better. I'm at my most comfortable in an Arabic robe, and while I do where it from time to time, you can see the distinct disadvantage in wearing it.

Wanting to continue this discussion and we've had some of these before I moved this out. 

Personally I'm most comfortable in Dress Clothes and Tennis Shoes.  I find Jeans and T-Shirts to be clingy or baggy in the shirt case and Jeans to be heavy and restrictive in the waist.  Not to mention Dress clothes in general have superior pockets.

I own 4 suit coats.  1 that needs to be taken to a tailor. My wife I'm fairly sure hid my Sky Blue one that I wear at Easter.  I like to try to wear them when its colder with a tie possibly.  Man do people act differently when you have a suit coat on.

So what is everyones common threads.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
Re: NWR Forums Let's Suit Up
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 06:26:57 PM »
I like blazers, but I look funky in them. Which is why I don't wear them. My younger brother wears his all of the time, though.

Typically, you'll find me wearing jeans with a button-up shirt (typically plaid or vertical stripes)...and the sleeves rolled up.  And depending on the season, I'll wear either a brown boot or flip-flops. It's what I'm most comfortable in.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 06:32:24 PM »
I like blazers, but I look funky in them. Which is why I don't wear them. My younger brother wears his all of the time, though.

Typically, you'll find me wearing jeans with a button-up shirt (typically plaid or vertical stripes)...and the sleeves rolled up.  And depending on the season, I'll wear either a brown boot or flip-flops. It's what I'm most comfortable in.
Is your chosen Profession forcing you to say these types of things?  Remember only Tourists where Cowboy hats.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Sarail

• View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 07:16:00 PM »

Is your chosen Profession forcing you to say these types of things?  Remember only Tourists where Cowboy hats.
My chosen profession (Digital Media/Design) has dress codes dependent upon the employer. My first employer required dress clothes - with the exception being on Fridays, as flip-flops and jeans were allowed (we also had shorter hours on Fridays...8:00 to 12:00.) My second place of employment was very casual. Jeans/t-shirt were the norm for everyone, but flip-flops weren't allowed.

My current job, a retail one, requires me to wear either dress clothes or jeans/solid colour polo or button-up shirt (which I typically wear anyway.)

So, nah. I don't really feel like it influences what I wear.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 07:46:49 PM »
I wear a suit everyday for work.

I'm obligated to own several.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 07:56:54 PM »

My chosen profession (Digital Media/Design) has dress codes dependent upon the employer. My first employer required dress clothes - with the exception being on Fridays, as flip-flops and jeans were allowed (we also had shorter hours on Fridays...8:00 to 12:00.) My second place of employment was very casual. Jeans/t-shirt were the norm for everyone, but flip-flops weren't allowed.

My current job, a retail one, requires me to wear either dress clothes or jeans/solid colour polo or button-up shirt (which I typically wear anyway.)

So no longer trying to be a Country Writer?

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 09:53:50 PM »
The only time I will wear a suit is either to a job interview, a wedding, or a funeral. 2/3 of those mean bad things have happened.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 02:12:34 AM »
You guys know a great suit or a good place to get one?

Offline Sarail

• View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 07:16:11 PM »

So no longer trying to be a Country Writer?
Hah. No, I haven't given up as a singer/songwriter, but I've had enough of Nashville-Contemporary-Songwriting-101. I don't have enough beer cans in my pickup truck to mess that awful noise. (*Note to editor: Racht doesn't throw beer cans in the back of a pickup truck, nor does he even drive a pickup truck)

Nickel Creek, Punch Brothers, Sara/Sean Watkins. That's my style.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 09:15:17 PM »
You guys know a great suit or a good place to get one?

Honestly, Jos. A. Banks has sales all the time if you need a cheap suit (but you get what you pay for). Men's Warehouse is a price step up, but still very affordable (mostly, gotta catch their sales). Quality is better too, but they'll try to throw outfits at you. I would also check out your local department store for sales.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 06:42:54 PM »
I feel most comfortable in tshirt and jeans and sandals. The shirts I have are mostly comic book related though some are music based (NIN, Lords of Acid). The bad part is due to the width of my shoulders I need XL, and most XL shirts balloon out at the bottom, presumably to make them more comfortable for the fat kids. I feel like I'm wearing pregnancy shirts, but whatever cause I still like what's on the shirt. I have a couple of L shirts, and they fit well around the mid, but the shoulders and chest are way too tight. Damn you fat kids for screwing with the sizing.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 01:14:07 PM »
I feel comfortable in almost anything expect these kakhi pants I have to wear to work since my Chino pants are being tailored since there a tad to big in the waist.

But I want to start dressing more fashionable and redoing my Wardrobe. A mix of street style and more prepish.
[size=78%].

I still rock graphic tee's but they're more the understated ones

Or something like the cool Unquilo collab (I hope they do another pokemon series) or a superhero logo.

[/size]
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2013, 12:04:23 AM »
I hope you guys find something that really -puts on shades- 'suits' you