Author Topic: Wii U console freezing up  (Read 22055 times)

Offline marty

• Score: -96
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U console freezing up
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2012, 10:05:37 PM »
"likely"?
seeing how common freezes are on day 1, i'd hardly call that unlikely.  what's so hard for you to understand? everything?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2012, 10:51:40 PM »
They do not appear to be common, it is just that those who get them are more likely to say something than those who don't. It's like people in customer service will almost never hear from anybody who is not having a problem.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2012, 08:16:27 AM »
"likely"?
seeing how common freezes are on day 1, i'd hardly call that unlikely.  what's so hard for you to understand? everything?

Can you provide me with a percentage of the total number of times people played their Wii on Day 1 vs. the total number of times people experienced a freezing of their console on Day 1?

I know I booted my console several times (after sooo... many... downloads....) and didn't get a single crash on Day 1.  So, right now we have Zero crashes out of, what, five boots?

We're at zero percent.

There, I gave you one freebie.  Now you do the leg work, go ask every other person who bought one Day 1 and come back with some actual stats to back up your claim if you want to throw it out as fact and insult people who question your claims.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2012, 08:40:10 AM »
No freezes here either, booted several times.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2012, 09:07:16 AM »
They do not appear to be common, it is just that those who get them are more likely to say something than those who don't. It's like people in customer service will almost never hear from anybody who is not having a problem.

It's called the "Vocal Minority"

and I'm glad a fix is coming, because I had to do another hard reset yesterday.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2012, 10:11:20 AM »
"likely"?

Can you provide me with a percentage of the total number of times people played their Wii on Day 1 vs. the total number of times people experienced a freezing of their console on Day 1?

I know I booted my console several times (after sooo... many... downloads....) and didn't get a single crash on Day 1.  So, right now we have Zero crashes out of, what, five boots?

We're at zero percent.

There, I gave you one freebie.  Now you do the leg work, go ask every other person who bought one Day 1 and come back with some actual stats to back up your claim if you want to throw it out as fact and insult people who question your claims.
Oh you're so RIGHT, the WII U is far more likely to fail once the manufacturing process and firmware are improved.  YOU ARE SO SMART, DUDE.  such a genius to have figured that out.  go write a paper on it.  Also, in your apparent brilliance, you have discovered that the Wii U will appreciate in worth and that buying one now is a sound investment, because there's no way a piece of consumer electronics will rapidly decline in price.

Offline DarthKoopa

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2012, 10:44:01 AM »
Just had my second crash. Was playing NSMBU a Miiverse message popped up after I died. The console was frozen :(
Toynbee Idea. In movie 2001. Resurrect Dead. On planet Jupiter.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2012, 10:44:39 AM »
Wow marty, you're really shitting on this thread. This is the kind of crap we try to avoid here.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2012, 10:52:55 AM »
Well, day one is behind me, and I am happy to report that I didn't have a single problem. Fortunately, I was aware of the long system update and was prepared to keep myself entertained during the download process.

Historically, I've been very fortunate with the Wii in the past -- the only freezes I experienced while playing the system were during online matches of Goldeneye and Call of Duty.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2012, 10:58:22 AM »
Wow marty, you're really shitting on this thread. This is the kind of crap we try to avoid here.
you got me all wrong, mistah.  I'm being nice to unkybobo even though he seems to have a problem with... well, a lot of things... almost. all. the. time. 

pray for poor unkybobo, he needs it.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2012, 12:53:42 PM »
You just keep going, marty, you're coming off swell. Evereyone likes you.

Anyway, I have had two freezes: once when on the home button menu and once while my kid was playing Nintendoland. I wasn't there for that one but the report was that it just froze. Both times required unplugging.

I am otherise happy to report that the system works great. I have no oncern with these little freeze glotches. They will be ironed out soon.

leahsdad's story is the most concerning and hopefully isolated. I haven't heard any others like that one so far.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2012, 12:55:48 PM »
Oh you're so RIGHT, the WII U is far more likely to fail once the manufacturing process and firmware are improved.  YOU ARE SO SMART, DUDE.  such a genius to have figured that out.  go write a paper on it.  Also, in your apparent brilliance, you have discovered that the Wii U will appreciate in worth and that buying one now is a sound investment, because there's no way a piece of consumer electronics will rapidly decline in price.

Oh, d-d-d-dear... where do I even begin with this troubled child?

A.) You're shifting goal posts.  Your original statement was that the Wii U was "likely to be broken Day 1".  Now, you're saying it's "more likely..."  The first statement implies that there is a high probability of the system not working at all, period.  The second statement implies that there is some quantifiable amount by which a "Day 1" system is going to have a higher probability of failing than later systems.  Those statements are in no way equivalent.

B.) At no point did I claim that the monetary worth of the system will increase.  The statement I made was simply questioning the idea of choosing not to play one for an extended period of time because one didn't want to risk not being able to play it in the short term.  If that's the decision one makes, then one is welcome to it.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2012, 01:34:01 PM »
Still only 2 freezes in from that one day. Ever since everything has been fine.

Hey Marty, I'd like to hear your thoughts on another topic. Check it.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=35018.0
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2012, 03:36:34 PM »

@fatty, I contribute to the forum regularly and sometimes the lack of civility here effects how courteous I am in my writing.  I'm not here to make enemies and I generally like reading a lot of people's posts.  There's some stupidity and ugliness here, most of which I don't really engage in, but sometimes, i just react to it in an off the cuff manner that some people might take offense to.  Sorry if my response to the ugliness directed at me gets ugly and makes your time here less enjoyable.

@cat, I don't know if you're being curious or passive aggressive.  Just kidding.  I hope being curious works out for you.

@ubob, I hope you feel good about yourself for being an asshole to me for calling you out on being an asshole to luigi dude.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2012, 04:54:13 PM »
A.) Wasn't an asshole to Luigi dude - just don't understand the idea of waiting months *just* because of the remote chance of hardware failure.  If you want to wait for a price drop, wait to see if there are more games or just wait because you have a backlog and aren't in a hurry, that's all good.  But waiting months so you don't have to wait through a few reboots?

B.) Yes, I do feel good about responding to you in a less hostile manner than you've been using in your posts to me.  Quite good.  Thank you for your concern regarding my feelings.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2012, 05:02:46 PM »
We had a really nice discussion going on here. This is why we can't have nice things.

No issues since Monday and I played Wii U pretty extensively yesterday (Sweet baby Jebus, Mighty Switch Force gets difficult...). I just downloaded the Youtube App. That could use some work. It doesn't use the GamePad effectively. I'm sure that will be patched eventually.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2012, 07:09:38 PM »
@fatty, I contribute to the forum regularly and sometimes the lack of civility here effects how courteous I am in my writing.  I'm not here to make enemies and I generally like reading a lot of people's posts.  There's some stupidity and ugliness here, most of which I don't really engage in, but sometimes, i just react to it in an off the cuff manner that some people might take offense to.  Sorry if my response to the ugliness directed at me gets ugly and makes your time here less enjoyable.
Huh. Well that shut me up pretty good. Well done!
Let's all play Wii U! Which, by the way, is awesome (when not frozen  ;)  )
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2012, 07:30:39 PM »
Wasn't an asshole to Luigi dude - just don't understand the idea of waiting months *just* because of the remote chance of hardware failure.  If you want to wait for a price drop, wait to see if there are more games or just wait because you have a backlog and aren't in a hurry, that's all good.  But waiting months so you don't have to wait through a few reboots?
Dude said he didn't want to get a launch system until all the kinks are worked out.  No harm in that, that I can see.  If you think that that's his *only* reason, which was never stated, perhaps go about gathering more information in a respectful manner, next time.  Calling the guy out like he's an idiot didn't sit right with me, for sure.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2012, 10:43:20 PM »

Marty, you're a joker!

Offline Eyothrie

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2012, 09:24:33 PM »
The Wii U hard lock air raid horn!

http://youtu.be/z2UhaepkdFI
RTR!

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2012, 09:32:10 PM »
Mine just froze the first day, when i went to post in miiverse for the first time through NSMBU, after that it has not done it again.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2012, 09:45:30 PM »
I heard almost all these lockups occur either in Miiverse or Nintendoland.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2012, 09:53:26 PM »
I've yet to have mine freeze up.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2012, 01:17:34 AM »
people on miiverse are reporting how to avoid miiverse and nintendo land freezes. set language to english only. not sure where that is in nintendo land but people are jumping on it. Might as well before the patch.

replying from the wii u! will use caps next time.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline DrStiles

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2012, 12:22:11 PM »
My Wii U crashes every time I play Nintendo Land; the game is essentially unplayable for me.