Author Topic: Star Wars Fanhouse, Chewie, we're home!  (Read 160637 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Fanhouse, Chewie, we're home!
« Reply #475 on: October 26, 2015, 02:46:57 PM »
Shattered Empire was cool, Luke was pretty powerful but something felt off with his voice, havent watched Jedi in a while but Luke's felt off from what I remember of New Hope and Empire. I liked issue 3 a lot more myself.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

« Reply #476 on: October 28, 2015, 04:20:51 PM »
I just re-watched the original Trilogy and Episode III in an attempt to hype myself up for this new movie. I think it will be the return to glory for Star Wars where Episode III dropped the ball.
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 28, 2015, 07:59:42 PM »
I don't think that three was the one that dropped the ball. Three was where episode 1 should have been and it should have gone up from there. Pity there wasn't someone there to restrain Lucas' urges.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 29, 2015, 09:04:57 AM »
III was straight dope!

« Reply #479 on: October 29, 2015, 01:36:03 PM »
Three was AWESOME I am not saying it wasn't but it dropped the ball at redeeming the franchise after the stink of 2. One was tolerable once you get over Jar-Jar, I mean anyone that can enjoy "Oh yeah its Mario time" can't really bitch about what ever the hell Jar-Jar was trying to say.

3 Screwed the continuity more than any other film, with the twins birth then mother dieing right away, showing Yoda all powerful on 2 but then scared shitless at Palpatine, when in Empire we see he is already terrified of the Emperor but in 2 he is all confident of himself. The horrible dialog between Anakin and Padme is unforgiveable, and that final light saber battle, while awesome, takes about twice as long as it needed to.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #480 on: October 29, 2015, 09:08:32 PM »
If you want to find out about some weird ass star wars games, JonTron Is playing EVERY SINGLE STAR WARS GAME! every one, yes even the poopy ones!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcmkO8xoJW4
Made you look ****.

« Reply #481 on: November 02, 2015, 06:33:59 PM »
Trying to decide if I should buy tickets now or wait for reviews. I am most definitely not going to this thing opening weekend, unless the paper pays for it and I can get in to write a review of the film, then okay yeah hmm... might need to check with my boss and see if that is something he will consider.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #482 on: November 02, 2015, 10:46:04 PM »
I hate opening weekends, but I definitely got tickets.  Even considering that this will be the worse opening weekend (for people like me who hate crowds) imaginable.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #483 on: November 03, 2015, 01:05:05 AM »
I will forever defend Episode 1 as being better than Episodes 2 and 3...and that includes the horrible scenes with Jar, Jar.

The glory days for me are Episodes 4-6...and if you have to put newer material in, then Episode 1 gets a pass...barely.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 10:48:32 PM by Spak-Spang »

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 04, 2015, 09:12:32 AM »
Episode 1 being better than 2 makes all the sense in the world (although, Id argue that the 2nd half of episode 2 is solid) but better than 3? MADNESS?

« Reply #485 on: November 04, 2015, 04:07:57 PM »
Well there is buzz going around that Disney is going to erase the Gold Bikini from future merchandise.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 12, 2015, 10:44:25 PM »
That's a good thing.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 29, 2015, 05:03:45 PM »
The amount of Hype and Press this movie is getting is unprecedented. I have never witnessed anything like this. I get that its the sequel to Return of the Jedi, which still blows my mind but damn its EVERYWHERE! It might break 300 Million in the first weekend (5day total) Is there too much hype? 

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 13, 2015, 08:58:04 AM »
Started watching Star Wars (machete order - 4, 5, 6, 2, 3 - never watch 1) with the family last night. Never really noticed how bad the ending of Episode IV was, but it's pretty lame. Not sure what would have made it better, just something more than hugs and some medals.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 13, 2015, 09:01:32 AM »
And the Slave Leia thing - I think Disney finally realized that selling related products was always horrible. Yes, it was a good look (taking into consideration that Star Wars is not real), but selling products with that look could easily be interpreted as promoting slavery/sex trade, etc. Especially when you consider the people upset about it are a bunch of neckbeards and dudebros saying they're too "PC" proves my point.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 13, 2015, 10:21:37 AM »
Never knew how many people prefer Clones over The Phantom Menace. The second half of clones is pretty good after Obi, Anakin Padme land on Geonosis, but teethe 1st half drags. TPM never excels above average at best but  it feels like a Star Wars movie.

IN 5 DAYS!

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 13, 2015, 10:44:37 AM »
No, you don't watch 1, period. You just tell the person that you're showing it to that Anakin's mom was a slave, Obi Wan and Qui Gon found him and took him to train as a Jedi because of the prophecy...and that's pretty much all that you need to mention. Darth Maul is completely irrelevant, and any other characters are better developed in Episode II.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 13, 2015, 07:23:11 PM »
Or just skip the prequels as they contribute nothing good to the story.

Slave Leia happened, but it wasn't like she was helpless considering she choked out someone that had no neck using the very chain holding her prisoner. The slavery depicted was better than what happened in the prequels where the "heroes" did nothing after they left and had explosive implants as a means of control. Chains are still chains, at least a bloody chain wouldn't kill you.

Crazy person here rating the prequels over Jedi.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

« Reply #493 on: December 14, 2015, 10:14:11 AM »
I love Episode One it had the magic of Star Wars, the other two were just fanservice and that is why the so-called fans hate Episode One, it wasn't all fanservice it was the movie George Lucas set out to make and he got so much flack for it he had to shut off his internet forever. The problems with the prequels is they were just trying too hard to recapture the magic and everyone had built them up in their minds for 20+ years nobody was going to be satisfied. All six movies were intended to be childrens movies, the fact that some people just can't over look that is why they hold the first three, or two or one depending on who you talk to, in such high regard and **** all over the prequels.

The prequels do have some bad writing, lousy acting, and terrible dialog but no worse than Hunger Games, Spider-Man 1-3, or any of the Transformers movies, and people loved all of those. Star Wars is unique because it became a religion for some people and they consider it sacrilege to do anything with it they don't personally find fits into their twisted little world.

Slave Leia toys were not a bad idea, they don't promote anything any more than toys of bounty hunters promote kidnapping or toys of evil Sith Lords promote genocide , give me a fucking break and grow up dude. Ban the slave toys you might as well ban all Disney princess dolls they all get kidnapped and auctioned off for sex at one point, but nobody talks about that. Star Wars is a fairy tale, that is the best way to look at it, or some sort of mythology, it is not to be taken seriously, even Carrie Fisher is okay with the slave dolls, and I am sure not just because their sales make her money because the white Princess doll from A new Hope is also iconic with the buns and nobody seems to care she was going to be executed by her own father because she wouldn't rat out her friends.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 14, 2015, 04:31:56 PM »
The OT weren't kids movies(except for the Ewoks), they were movies that happen to be watchable by kids. Calling them Kids movies is a weak excuse to wash real critical criticism one can lay on Star Wars OT and especially PT.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

« Reply #495 on: December 14, 2015, 04:37:23 PM »
The OT weren't kids movies(except for the Ewoks), they were movies that happen to be watchable by kids. Calling them Kids movies is a weak excuse to wash real critical criticism one can lay on Star Wars OT and especially PT.

Everyone called them kids movies when they came out, they were like Disney movies, made for kids but enjoyable by all, you got it backwards buddy. We can have this same argument all day long, there is obviously no changing your mind so go away, nobody want's your negativity.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 17, 2015, 11:54:47 PM »
Just saw the movie and, while awesome, I think people should lower their expectations a bit ;)
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 18, 2015, 06:30:33 PM »
I disagree. It met and/or exceeded every expectation I had. Saw it twice today.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 18, 2015, 10:45:30 PM »
I disagree. It met and/or exceeded every expectation I had. Saw it twice today.

Just got home from 2nd view, this time 3D and with none SW fans, they got converted. This movie is great but, I think I set my expectations too high.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #499 on: December 18, 2015, 10:52:51 PM »
My Ranking of the movies so far.

Episode:

5 > 6 > 4 > 1 > 3 > 2 

Though, I think you could probably Edit the prequel trilogy into 2 movies and have a much better experience...maybe even 1 really long movie.