Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 760478 times)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #975 on: September 01, 2013, 05:51:34 PM »
I bought Splinter Cell Blacklist a few days ago for PS3. Haven't gotten to it yet, and may not for a while. On Tuesday I'm also picking up Rayman Legends for the Vita.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline RedBlue

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: September 02, 2013, 04:14:41 AM »
Splinter Cell Black List

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 02, 2013, 09:07:58 AM »
Adera episode 2  but I can't play it since the game doesn't support the 8.1 beta.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: September 03, 2013, 03:26:23 AM »
The last game I bought, not including the two preorders I placed today, was Madden NFL 25. I'd have really loved to buy it on Wii U, but EA wouldn't let me, so I've got it on PS3. I'm liking it so far, it feels good, I haven't really dug into the new features in Franchise mode because I'm waiting for a roster update to start that.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: September 03, 2013, 08:15:39 AM »
I bought a new Dual Shock 3 ($10 off sale at Best Buy) because one of mine literally just died. No idea what happened. On Saturday, while playing Dragon's Crown, I paused and suddenly the left analog stick was kept scrolling down. The next day, it wouldn't even turn on. I tried charging it, nothing worked. My friend said he'd take it apart to look at it which I would have done, but it was one of the older models that has those ridiculous, pain in the ass separate pieces in between the shoulder buttons. I can't be bothered. If he can fix the controller, I'll just trade it in as I have no need for a third PS3 controller. It trades for $18 which isn't bad.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: September 03, 2013, 01:21:18 PM »
Zoda's Revenge: Star Tropics II  (Wii Virtual Console)

For 150 points on Club Nintendo, I'll finally get the chance to try this game. Beat the original, look forward to trying this one too... eventually.  Not really high on my "must play" list though.
NNID: ejamer

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: September 03, 2013, 01:42:14 PM »
I went in a spending binge this weekend, I grabbed Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Prince of Persia Trilogy, all for PS3, and then I got Duck Tales Remastered, Sonic Adventure 2, Mk vs DC Universe, Virtua Fighter 2, NiGHTS into Dreams, Mass Effect Trilogy Bundle, Grandia. Gex, Psychonauts, DOOM Classic Complete, Legend of Dragoon, and Wolfenstein 3D, all on PSN downloads. I installed an internal 500GB drive for games and a 500 GB external USB drive for media. I had the drives lying around so no money spent there.

I am also really leaning towards getting a 2DS when they launch. But I might wait till January and get a Wii U instead. I also came real close to preordering The Watchdogs but I held off I am going to drop hints and see if I can get it for Christmas.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 03, 2013, 03:15:00 PM »
I'm thinking I'll wait until January to get a Wii U. I'll bet another price drop will hit early next year.

It's either that or get the Wind Waker bundle. At least the 'Deluxe' is only $300 now. Though I'm really itching for a 200-250 price. Might split the bundle with a friend who wants the game, making it only 250.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: September 03, 2013, 03:31:17 PM »
If I have the money, I'm definitely buying a 2DS or 3DS XL, because my current 3DS has a cracked hinge. I'll also buy a Wii U Zelda bundle, because $300 for all that is an amazing deal.

As for current games, I I just bought a bunch of 3DS Virtual Console games:

- Wario Land 3
- Kirby's Dreamland 2
- Super Mario Land 2
- Mega Man 4-6
- Super Mario Bros. 2
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #984 on: September 04, 2013, 02:47:13 AM »
As previously mentioned, I picked up the Vita version of Rayman Legends. It's good, but you already knew that. On PSN tonight, I also picked up KickBeat, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, and Disney Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse.

Guys, get the Castle of Illusion remake. It's astonishingly good, especially given that I tried the original Castle of Illusion last week (pre-order bonus) & REALLY didn't like it. They took a bland 2D sidescroller & turned it into an N64-era 2D platformer w/ light Mario 64 3D elements and N64-era collectibles.  Oh, and the soundtrack from Grant Kirkhope of Banjo-Kazooie/Donkey Kong 64/GoldenEye/etc. fame is just awesome.  I really didn't expect to like the game, & while it's a fairly simplistic platformer it's kind of blowing me away how much it's clicking with me right now.

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 04, 2013, 08:46:58 PM »
I discovered a downside to downloading so many PSN games at once, the download and install process takes forever.

Castle of Illusion was pretty neat upon initial release but it would not be too impressive by today's standards, but when it was new it was groundbreaking especially the animation of Mickey. But as dated as the game is I would be hard pressed to buy any kind of remake for that.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 05, 2013, 02:23:06 AM »
Castle of Illusion was pretty neat upon initial release but it would not be too impressive by today's standards, but when it was new it was groundbreaking especially the animation of Mickey. But as dated as the game is I would be hard pressed to buy any kind of remake for that.

Like I said, the remake is almost a completely different kind of platformer with more modern level design and a bigger emphasis on exploration.  Granted, some of my enjoyment for that game is derived from the N64-era platformers it's clearly emulating, but it's a pretty solid game now.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 05, 2013, 06:59:21 AM »
The local CostCo was selling first-party nunchucks for $10, which seemed like a pretty good deal.  I grabbed 2.

They were also selling Wii remotes for $30... but that's not cheap enough to attract my attention (and I've got more working remotes than nunchucks already).
NNID: ejamer

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #988 on: September 05, 2013, 10:06:10 PM »
I am now part of gaming's 1% - I have a Vita.

Pre-bought P4Golden, a year of Plus, and Lumines - my bundle came with Assassin's Creed Liberation, but no case. Curse your intelligence, Sony.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: September 05, 2013, 10:10:58 PM »
Wargame : AirLand battle. Very good so far. It adds to what the first game was missing, Airplanes. Opens up a lot of options in play style. A very pretty game. On special till the 10th.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline AnGer

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: September 06, 2013, 04:16:06 AM »
Bought:
+Dragon's Crown (US, Vita)
+Tales of Xillia (EU, PS3)
+Killer is Dead (EU, PS3)

Preordered:
+Ys: Memories of Celceta Silver Anniversary Edition (US, Vita)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: September 09, 2013, 08:13:39 PM »
Do gifts count?  My little girl got a beautiful pink DSi system today. For $44 new, seemed like a good insurance policy since I don't need to share my 3DS any longer.
Where in the world did you find a new DSi for $44?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: September 10, 2013, 10:32:00 AM »
Injustice. Made a solokia xbox live account and downloaded the game for free. Migrated the account to US to speed up the download, and now I'm going to play the game on my main account.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #993 on: September 10, 2013, 11:42:27 AM »
This morning I picked up...

- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix (PS3)
- Puppeteer (PS3)
- Killzone Mercenary (Vita)
- Lost Planet 3 (PS3)

If you're wondering why I picked up Lost Planet 3, I have folks on my Twitter feed raving about how good the writing in that game is. It sounds intriguing and I've never played a Lost Planet game before.

And yeah...I'm done buying big retail games for a while, probably until October when Beyond: Two Souls and Batman: Arkham Origins - Blackgate release.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: September 10, 2013, 11:43:45 AM »
Do I need to play the other two games to enjoy it?

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #995 on: September 10, 2013, 11:51:24 AM »
Do I need to play the other two games to enjoy it?

If you're talking about Lost Planet 3, no. It's a prequel, which is just fine by me since I never played the other 2 either.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: September 10, 2013, 11:54:15 AM »
Ah, very nice. I've been meaning to pick it up.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: September 10, 2013, 12:02:30 PM »
I'd had it preordered, but I was finally able to download NHL 14 this morning. Due to the way the PS3 works it took forever to download and then nearly as long to install, so I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but based on the demo and previous games in the franchise, I have a feeling it's pretty great.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: September 10, 2013, 12:41:17 PM »
- Lost Planet 3 (PS3)
I knew you Curiosity would get the better of you.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #999 on: September 10, 2013, 12:50:57 PM »
- Lost Planet 3 (PS3)
I knew you Curiosity would get the better of you.

Hey, you know "good writing" is one of my Trigger phrases, and the game has giant mechs battling giant monsters!  :P: