Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 761048 times)

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #950 on: August 21, 2013, 06:02:22 PM »
UncleBob I remember those machines, they had one in my local arcade back in the day with Super Mario Bros. on it. One reason why for years I swore it had to be an arcade game but then years latter learned the real story. I am an arcade gamer above all else and what you have sir is next to the holy grail of arcade games.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: August 21, 2013, 08:33:30 PM »
I don't know about "holy grail" (I think that'd be one of the vector machines), but the moment I saw it on eBay, I knew I had to have it.  :D

On the NintendoAge forum, I kinda left this part out (for fear someone else would go in and buy the machine out from under me or something), but I had pretty much already decided on wanting to get the machine.  After missing the local-ish PlayChoice 10 unit that sold (for only $500!), I started watching eBay religiously, because I didn't want to miss such a great deal again.  This one popped up - and I had never seen one like it before.  From there, I decided it was time to sell the SNES game to fund the dream. :D

I just won an eBay auction for the Super Mario Bros. game as well - so, hopefully, it will arrive soon and be functional. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 21, 2013, 09:23:24 PM »
There's an MK2 arcade machine at a local recreation/amusement store for $895. I want it. They also have a mint condition Killer Instinct 2 machine for $995. I also want that.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: August 21, 2013, 11:11:57 PM »
Well I never cared for the Vector games, I even prefer Asteroids on the 2600. The arcade machines I would love to get are the Cocktail Ms. Pac-Man, TMNT 4 player (not turtles in time), X-Men six player, Pole Position full sit down model, and a Play Choice 10.

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: August 23, 2013, 04:16:39 PM »
I got a ton of stuff today. I decided to go ahead and get in on the PS3 since it it has finally dropped down to affordable price. I picked up a $199 16GB slim with a few choice games. I got Mortal Kombat Komplete, Super Street Fighter IV, Oblivion Game of the Year Edition (already had it on PC a while back but the selection was thing so eh), Devil May Cry HD Trilogy, Castlevania Lords of Shadow, Jak and Dexter Collection, Lost Planet, Sonic Generations, Final Fantasy 13, and a $50 dollar PSN card that I will spend latter today. I also picked up GTA 3, MK Deception, and Namco Museum for PS2 on the real cheap.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #955 on: August 23, 2013, 09:47:59 PM »
I finally got around to buying Guacamelee. Damn, that **** is tight.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 23, 2013, 10:18:59 PM »
Hm.  Concert isn't Black Friday - it's a week before.  Thanksgiving falls late this year.

Great news for me, sad news for my wife, who doesn't really care to go anyway, but did like the idea of a weekend in Chicago.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: August 24, 2013, 01:09:21 AM »
Why did you buy the slim PS3 12GB?  The internal drive (I believe you meant 12GB or did you mean 160?) will be filled up with a couple of games, games like GTA 5 with eats 8GB's alone. 

You could have gotten the 320GB ps3 slim at that price or you could have gotten the GTA 5 500GB bundle for a little more $270.

--------------------
You could go with an external drive (usb) for the PS3 but it's format is a lowly fat32 format and some games refuse to install to external drives anyhow--which annoyed me and forced me to up my internal drive of my Fat PS3 awhile back.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #958 on: August 24, 2013, 07:53:12 AM »
Terabyte drives that can be put into the PS3 cost $60/$70 at this point.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: August 24, 2013, 01:14:45 PM »
It was a 12 GB model and because it was the cheapest they had. Also I have a full 1.5 TB hard drive I will be adding to it if I need but as for GTA first that game isn't for me second I buy retail so the drive is only for game saves and PSN games for me. It was the cheapest in town I checked every store it was only $199 which was my limit.

On the subject of PSN games, I picked up Mega Man 9 and 10 bundle, Final Fantasy 7 PSClassic, Sonic Adventure, and Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD, and Castlevania Symphony of the Night PS Classic. All in all I am satisfied with my purchase. I still have some money left over so I am still contemplating a hand held but I have to look at the iOS App Store first.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 01:21:17 PM by toddra »

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: August 24, 2013, 04:40:02 PM »
Doesn't matter if it's physical or not:  PS3 games require mandatory install files and some games are freaking huge and even few smaller ones like 2-4GB isn't to uncommon. 

Is your 1.5GB dive 3.5?  You really do need an 2.5 internal drive replacement vs an 3.5 external drive because some games will not install on the external drive.  Also you'll have to partition that 1.5TB drive into fat32 (into 16GB sections).

--------------------

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: August 24, 2013, 06:41:25 PM »
it isn't internal it is a USB drive. I am a computer science major so I am sure I can get it to work. I read up on it before buying so I am sure I will be fine.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 24, 2013, 08:25:40 PM »
Halo Spartan Assault.

Also got the EA bumble and the weekly one.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: August 25, 2013, 02:01:54 AM »
Just started playing tomb raider for pc. So far the game tries too hard to separate it self from the Uncharted series but its hard not to notice the clear similarities, specially in platformin section. Lastly, the QTE are rampant, othervthan that is a pretty enjoyable experience.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: August 25, 2013, 10:18:52 AM »
Asphalt 7 for Windows 8. Pretty fun and decent looking game so far. Doesn't look as good as eight and my fingers get tired. I need t get a real mouse or the PC connector for my 360 controller. It has cross platform play and saves with the windows phone version which is cool.

Halo Spartan Assault is a pretty good and they manage to get everything about Halo into the game play. It does make playing a bit complicated for some weapons. Gameplay is solid but akward since i'm using my laptops touch screen since I don't have a mouse. A patch with 360/one controller support is supposed to be coming soon. I hate that you have to earn credits to get items, but it doesn't matter since Halo 4 achivements unlocked some of the best gear in the game for me to use.

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: August 25, 2013, 06:18:17 PM »
I was at Target school shopping and I had to pick up two more PS3 games, they were God of War Saga and Ratchet and Clank Collection. I played the first few zones of Sonic Generations, I gotta say that is the best Sonic gaming on a console I have played in years. It plays like Sega really put some effort into that game.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: August 25, 2013, 06:49:48 PM »
Do gifts count?  My little girl got a beautiful pink DSi system today. For $44 new, seemed like a good insurance policy since I don't need to share my 3DS any longer.
NNID: ejamer

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: August 29, 2013, 09:29:30 PM »
New Super Luigi U retail copy.  My brother is borrowing my Wii U right now, but I figure I better scoop up a physical copy before they stop selling them.  Looking forward to playing through the game again!

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #968 on: August 29, 2013, 11:33:24 PM »
Year of luigi has some awesome games coming out!
Next year.... year of WALUIGI!
Made you look ****.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: August 30, 2013, 09:08:39 AM »
I bought the room for Android. I here good things about it.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: August 30, 2013, 10:00:37 AM »
So, I've been doing some research on my Red Tent.  I'm super excited. :D

KLOV lists the machines as coming out in 1985.  When I was swapping Vs. SMB into it, I had to pull the board out.  Tucked deep into the system were some index cards that appear to be something that whomever originally owned the machine used to keep track of repairs and such.  One is type-writer fonts (photocopied, cut out and taped to an index card) of various abbreviations for things that could go wrong with an arcade machine.  The other is just a hand written card where they'd initial who did what and when to the machine.  This is what got me excited.

According to the card on this machine, the shop got the machine on 3/20/1984 - roughly a year and a half before the NES was even released!

So, I shot off a couple of messages to some folks to see what I could find out.  KLOV is a pretty top-notch source for information on arcade equipment, but, what I was seeing directly conflicted with them.

I heard back from someone yesterday who was willing to answer my early, early years Nintendo question... a Grade-A reliable source.

I sent her the information all about the machine and such (and I'm sure I totally sounded like a crazed fanboy) and *just* heard back - the Vs. machines debuted in Chicago, in February 1984.  This ties in with my machine and the low serial number on it.

So, it looks like we'll be celebrating its 30th birthday in about five months. :D

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: August 30, 2013, 10:10:00 AM »
That is a pretty cool find.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: August 30, 2013, 12:27:37 PM »
I'm in the process of moving apartment and will therefore be without internet for a few days (no bad thing really), so I decided to finally download Shantae on the 3DS Virtual Console, just so that I have something to play over the next few days.

Having played it for an hour or so I'm feeling somewhat torn with this game. I immediately enjoyed the visuals and the music, but found the time it took Shantae to fall to the ground after a jump, and the amount of hits enemies take, to be frustrating. I also made my way to the second village (Water Town) and found the connecting level to be very monotonous, with paths that lead nowhere and enemies which were better avoided than confronted.

I'll definitely stick with the game (hopefully with some power ups the attacks will become more effective and the level design more focused) but based on what I've seen so far I'm a little disappointed.
Gouge away.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: August 30, 2013, 01:09:51 PM »
My most recent purchase was Killer is Dead on the PS3, a game I'm really interested in playing, yet as of this writing still haven't even started because I've been too tired from work/lack of sleep ever since I bought it. I am looking forward to playing it...someday.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: September 01, 2013, 04:51:33 PM »
Not a purchase but xbox live gave magic 2013 away for free. Its been starching my magic itch I've had as of late.