Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 755229 times)

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #875 on: July 05, 2013, 03:18:30 PM »
Skies of Arcadia Legends is an excellent buy. You will certainly get a lot of quality hours out of it.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: July 05, 2013, 10:29:48 PM »
Skyrim, so far so good. The game is huge, although the ps3 version is kind of buggy.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #877 on: July 05, 2013, 11:10:17 PM »
So they've patched it from unplayable to somewhat playable in 20 months. At this rate, it'll work competently in... 2017?

Also, Project X Zone has more boobs per battle than any RPG I've ever seen. And these chapters are starting to hit the hour mark, and introducing characters in order of give-a-crap is kinda getting old (I just got the Valkyria Chronicles characters, haven't seen Mega Man/Zero AT ALL yet, etc.)
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: July 05, 2013, 11:59:37 PM »
Skies of Arcadia is a game I like to go back and replay every few years. Few non-Nintendo games do that for me anymore. Speaking of which, I'm due for a replay...

Kudos for getting the Indiana Jones game, ejamer. I am tempted to do the same thing. I loved the original DOS version of Fate of Atlantis and having it on the Wii has become a preferred way to play classic  Point and Click Adventure games. Let me know how the port turned out. Never read reviews on how the port performed on the Wii.

In other news...I'M DEBT FREE!!!

What this means is that I can ramp down my crazy work schedule and spend more time and money on games. It's been a few years of HELL but all worth it. I just dropped like $150 cash on games. This has never felt so good.

Fire Emblem Awakening
Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm
Okamiden
Pandoras Tower
Animal Crossing New Leaf

Also got the board game Zombies!!!

I'm also borrowing Star Fox 64 3D from my sister. I don't remember the original being this hard...either lost my touch or the 3DS XL controls are throwing me off. It does cramp my hands to use the 'classic' style.

Love the expanded multiplayer; hate the new voice overs. Even a decade and a half later and those original voices are still emblazoned in my head...feels the same as when I watch the Hobbit movie while reciting the book's dialogue only to get irritated when Jackson cut out my favorite lines. It can be cringeworthy.

So I see all of these games I want to purchase still. Of course a Wii U and the obvious titles will be in the near future, but not sure about that one. Part of being debt free is just paying cash for things. But I will have a greatly expanded budget for games. I have a 360 and I know a ton of quality games are on that system...only I'd rather drop money on re-releases of old Rare games. Any suggestions of quality 360 games would be appreciated.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: July 06, 2013, 12:48:34 AM »
Also got the board game Zombies!!!

Not a huge fan. The end-game, once the helipad comes out, is particularly painful. My group ended up house-ruling so much of the game that very little remained in the end. I'd recommend Last Night on Earth over Zombies!!! every time. If you're set on it though, at least get the Zombies!!! 3.5 expansion. It's all event cards, so it doesn't bloat the game like the other add-ons do.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: July 06, 2013, 09:17:59 AM »
Finally got a WiiU and have to go pick it up. Other than ZombieU I don't really have an idea whats to get. Asscred and Batman are out since I can an have plyed them on PC. Stop giving a crap about Mario games quite a long time ago. Otherwise it's a big wait till xenochronicles or whatever it's called now.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: July 06, 2013, 09:27:53 AM »
If puzzle metroidvania sounds interesting to you, get Toki Tori 2.

My favourite Wii U game so far. The puzzles get very hard though.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: July 06, 2013, 09:49:17 AM »
I could have gotten the first one via Humble Bundle, but it didn't tickle my fancy as it were. When I finally get it in to the house I will hit up the e-shop or something. I won't bother with anything that isn't an exclusive unless it is really really special. Thanks for the sugeestion. keep them coming.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #883 on: July 06, 2013, 10:22:53 AM »
I could have gotten the first one via Humble Bundle, but it didn't tickle my fancy as it were.
From what i understand (never played first game) Toki Tori 2 is a completely different beast from first one.

New features like nonlinear structure of the puzzles and arsenal of tools reduced to mere two abilities really made the game for me.

And Toki Tori 2 IS exclusive for Wii U for now... Let me check... Hehe, Steam version will hit in just five days :D (three months after Wii U release). So hurry :P

Also check out Tekken -- it's multiplatform but it does have a few Wii U exclusive modes.

And don't hate on Mario, it's really fun when playing it drunk with bros. Even sober and alone it's still great
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 10:25:17 AM by azeke »

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: July 06, 2013, 05:30:33 PM »
I took advantage of Sony's PlayStation Network summer sale and bought the following:

- Batman Arkham Asylum
- Ratchet & Clank HD Collection
- Mortal Kombat (MK9)

Arkham Asylum is really enjoyable; it reminds me of Metroid. And Mark Hamill is still fantastic as the Joker.
Should I buy Arkham City next? Is it better than the first game?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 11:22:25 PM by tendoboy1984 »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: July 06, 2013, 08:34:35 PM »
Its been a while since I played either, but Arkham City is definitely a worthy sequel.  It's more open-worldy, but everything that made the first great is still there.

I picked up Bully on the Steam sale for $3 the other day along with Skulls of the Shogun on PC.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: July 09, 2013, 09:43:35 PM »
Awww... PSN, why you go hurting my wallet like that?

Crimson Gem Saga ($3.49)
Yggdra Union ($2.49)
Riviera: The Promised Land ($2.49)
Knights in the Nightmare ($3.49)
Class of Heroes ($3.49)

Grand total: $15.45... Ok, guess it didn't hurt my wallet that much. The backlog is a different story though: how long will it take to finish another five RPGs?
NNID: ejamer

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: July 09, 2013, 10:40:38 PM »
In other news...I'M DEBT FREE!!!
Congratulations!  I've got 5 years or so to go if everything goes ok.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #888 on: July 11, 2013, 10:59:34 PM »
Got Scribblenauts Unlimited on Steam sale for 3 bucks.

I guess i should be thankful that Nintendo of Europe kept delaying and delaying Wii U version, or i could have bought it full price day one.

i still want a Wii U version, damn you Shibata!

Also jumped on Metro for 1 cent Bestbuy "deal" (or error) using fake NA address. I'm now waiting how it'll go.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #889 on: July 25, 2013, 11:52:36 PM »
Got Darksiders 1 on Steam for 4 bucks.

I have second one for my Wii U and i always wanted to try out the first game.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 26, 2013, 08:52:16 AM »
New game get round-up for the past few weeks, mostly received through trades:

* Hexyz Force (PSP): $3.50. Figured since I bought most of the other Atlus RPGs on sale, might as well grab this one too. Looks pretty old-school and reviews are mixed, but I like old-school JRPGs and the price is compelling.
* WarioWare D.I.Y. Showcase (WiiWare): Free. Someone who didn't want/need their Club Nintendo reward offered it to me. I already ordered the CD soundtrack, but was keen on trying this game since I found the DS counterpart for a buck not long ago.
* Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (3DS VC): Via trade at 99gamers.com.  Another cheap pick-up as the person selling didn't want their Club Nintendo prize.
* Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii): Via trade at 99gamers.com. Wanted this game for a long time, but gave up waiting for a sale/price drop. Jumped on a complete and excellent condition copy that was offered cheap.
* Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii): Via trade at 99gamers.com. Another game I'm not going to play for a while, but my Wii collection is so close to being "complete"...
* Viewtiful Joe (GC): Via trade at 99gamers.com. I don't love this game, but the quality is undeniable and I wanted to fill the last empty spot on my GameCube shelf. Problem solved.
* Darksiders (PC/Steam): Via trade at vgfive.com.  Sad story about the trading site suffering a painful death after a promising start. Between postage increases, getting bought out, and losing consumer confidence it looks like a tailspin they won't recover from. Glad to have cashed out my last credits on this digital code.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 09:13:50 AM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: July 26, 2013, 09:29:54 AM »
Shinobi 3DS. It was on sale at Target for $12.99 which is the cheapest I've seen it at a brick and mortar store. It came with a Luigi stylus for some reason. I haven't opened it yet.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: July 26, 2013, 09:34:33 AM »
Shinobi 3DS. It was on sale at Target for $12.99 which is the cheapest I've seen it at a brick and mortar store. It came with a Luigi stylus for some reason. I haven't opened it yet.
I probably bite on that.  I'm sure the TN stores aren't doing that...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Chad Sexington

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
    • UO Thief
« Reply #893 on: July 27, 2013, 12:38:30 AM »
I just bought the Ocarina of Time remake for 3DS (digital) and I also got a Crono Trigger DS game from eBay.

I've only beat them once, when they first came out.  I barely remember anything about the stories/secrets/tricks.
12 years of Ultima Online - www.uothief.com - Twitter: @UOThief

Offline RedBlue

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 27, 2013, 01:08:58 AM »
Pre-order Wind waker HD for 49.99 on Amazon.com

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: July 27, 2013, 01:12:16 AM »
Pre-order Wind waker HD for 49.99 on Amazon.com

Uh...no. I will not buy that for a high price.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: August 11, 2013, 12:06:19 AM »
a little known gem called Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: August 11, 2013, 10:01:30 AM »
3DS XL is on sale at Target this week for $175 so yeah, I bought one of those. In black. As expected.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: August 11, 2013, 11:53:24 AM »
I want to wait for the price to drop to 169.99 on sale.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: August 11, 2013, 04:13:28 PM »
Best Buy just had a $30 off sale a little over two weeks ago so I figured there wouldn't be one for a while if Target was doing a sale today. $25 is close enough. I forgot that Best Buy price matches so no Reward Zone points for me. I'll live since I should get a ton from the iPhone and iMac I plan to buy there within the next few months.