Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 755171 times)

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #550 on: December 08, 2012, 03:42:33 PM »
I just picked up Far Cry 3 after hearing nothing but good things about it.  I never really got hooked by the other games, but I heard that it was "Like Skyrim, but with guns".  And it is!  Massive world, great graphics, and tons to see and do.  This engine is ridiculous.  Haven't encountered any hitches or load screens, and the combat is extremely satisfying.  Unlike Dishonoured, I enjoy being able to initiate my encounters with stealth, then failing and just plowing my way through enemies.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 09, 2012, 02:44:02 PM »
I just picked up Far Cry 3 after hearing nothing but good things about it.  I never really got hooked by the other games, but I heard that it was "Like Skyrim, but with guns".  And it is!  Massive world, great graphics, and tons to see and do.  This engine is ridiculous.  Haven't encountered any hitches or load screens, and the combat is extremely satisfying.  Unlike Dishonoured, I enjoy being able to initiate my encounters with stealth, then failing and just plowing my way through enemies.
For which system did you get it?
Slightly concerned that its a bit too much like Skyrim in that it has issues on PS3.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 10, 2012, 03:58:32 PM »
Got it for PC.  I was one of the many who were burned by Skyrim for PS3, so I'm also pretty cautious about PS3 versions, now.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 15, 2012, 12:38:25 AM »
THQ is running a sale on xbox Live so I grabbed Saint's Row 2. I also won a caption contest over at playxbla and got a free code for Iron Brigade and its DLC. 

Going to pick up Darksiders tommorow and prepare to build up quit the backlog with the holiday sales.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 15, 2012, 04:52:16 PM »
A Wii U and Mario U. They really have a lot of stock for these. I'm not going to get Zombi U since I've noticed that horror games just aren't my thing, I lose motivation to keep playing very fast.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: December 16, 2012, 02:06:28 PM »
Got Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion and Lego Lord of the Rings at Toy's R Us for $20 each (same deal is going on at Target). 

Also bit the bullet and got a Skylander's case that came with Wham-Shell for $35.  Wham-Shell sells alone online for $40, so it made more sense just to get the case with it.

Found 999 at a local gamestop for $20, and picked up a few Professor Layton games for my wife's stocking (Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, & Professor Layton  and the Unwound Future). for $13 & $17, respectively.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 16, 2012, 04:29:48 PM »
Rock Band 1 and 2, with a full set of instruments from the original game, for $25.  Pretty happy with this.
NNID: ejamer

Offline @WingmanPorkins

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 17, 2012, 11:47:59 PM »
week of sales witch means lot's a games  ;D  Picked up: Hitman, Last Story , Prince of persia Wii (NWR suggestion ) , Batman and Mass Effect for Wii u , Max Pane 3 , xcom. My back log just got bigger

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 19, 2012, 12:24:11 AM »
Gears Of War 1 and 2 for $3 and $5 respectively at GameStop. This is the price online so I would assume that you too can jump on this deal. They also had a copy of ExciteBots for $7. I might go back and get that...

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 19, 2012, 10:52:53 AM »
Gears Of War 1 and 2 for $3 and $5 respectively at GameStop. This is the price online so I would assume that you too can jump on this deal. They also had a copy of ExciteBots for $7. I might go back and get that...
Dooo Itttt.

I bought a Yen-Lo-Wan in MechWarrior Online.  I wanted the 30% C-Bill boost and was tired of my Commando (only think I could afford).
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 19, 2012, 12:12:21 PM »
I bought ExciteBots new for $2 at an EBGames in my city which came complete with a plastic Wii wheel. I figured at that price, how can I lose?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 19, 2012, 01:00:15 PM »
That's probably the best value you're ever going to get in a game. I'd argue Excitebots is the best arcade racing game of the generation.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 19, 2012, 02:46:50 PM »
That's probably the best value you're ever going to get in a game. I'd argue Excitebots is the best arcade racing game of the generation.
I prefer Excitetruck personally because it doesn't of the Arm Circling....
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 19, 2012, 06:25:06 PM »
Excitebots is fantastic. So much fun.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline TrueNerd

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 20, 2012, 12:37:10 AM »
I'm sure it is. I played the HELL out of ExciteTruck after launch and there was nothing else to play.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 20, 2012, 05:58:13 AM »

Why that game wasn't released in Europe I'll never know. I'd still take NPC Pikmin 2 over it, but ideally I'd like to have both.
Gouge away.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 20, 2012, 08:43:28 AM »

Why that game wasn't released in Europe I'll never know. I'd still take NPC Pikmin 2 over it, but ideally I'd like to have both.

We eventually got NPC Pikmin 2 in North America, so you'd have to be taking Disaster and Pandora's Tower over it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 20, 2012, 09:01:45 AM »

We eventually got NPC Pikmin 2 in North America, so you'd have to be taking Disaster and Pandora's Tower over it.

Or Fatal Frame 2, or Another Code R. 

I'd take any of those four games over Excitebots personally, but have never been a racing fan.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 20, 2012, 10:35:57 AM »

Or Fatal Frame 2, or Another Code R. 

I'd take any of those four games over Excitebots personally, but have never been a racing fan.
Excitebot is not a Racing game really.  Its a game all about the Stars.  That's why I love the serious you don't have to be the first across the finish line to win.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #569 on: December 20, 2012, 10:44:45 AM »
Yes, but most of the time you can't win if you don't come in 1st since coming in 1st gives a huge chunk of stars. It can be done, but it's much more difficult.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #570 on: December 20, 2012, 06:33:03 PM »

Excitebot is not a Racing game really.  Its a game all about the Stars.  That's why I love the serious you don't have to be the first across the finish line to win.

Fair enough, although I'd suggest that doing well in the race is often a key part of earning stars.

Let me amend my initial statement to "I don't like driving games". Even though Excitebots has you doing many small challenges, driving a robot/vehicle during a race means it's not a game that appeals greatly to me.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 20, 2012, 08:08:11 PM »
Yes, but most of the time you can't win if you don't come in 1st since coming in 1st gives a huge chunk of stars. It can be done, but it's much more difficult.
You clearly never ran into JamesSk.

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 20, 2012, 09:41:37 PM »
Picked up Mark of the Ninja after hearing about the great reviews (it's an 2d stealth game FYI) and it was on sale for 600MS points.

Also picked up Joe Danger 2: The Movie and Rayman 3 HD.

Not sure when I'm going get to any of them but at least they were on sale :0.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 20, 2012, 09:44:51 PM »
Wow. A didn't expect this much discussion on Excitebots. I wasn't even planning on playing it anytime soon but I'll guess I'll move it up sooner in my playlist.

Although I will admit that if Disaster Day of Crisis had been released here in NA, I'd have picked it up way sooner as it just seems more fun and interesting to me. I'd also have liked to see Last Window on the DS which is the sequel to Hotel Dusk and now we've lost CINQ.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline TrueNerd

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 20, 2012, 10:15:27 PM »
Went nuts on the eShop. Kirby's Block Ball, Mole Mania, Wario Land 2. Might go back for Bit. Trip. Saga. and maybe Mutant Muds. The demo for MM is super good.

Never played Mole Mania before. It's fucking awesome.