Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 755370 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #325 on: May 27, 2012, 01:23:00 AM »
Tetris Axis ($15) and DQM:Joker 2 ($20) as I continue my quest to get a day 1 CN Platinum next year. Thank you, Mart of the Wal.

But will you beat me to it? :D

No pic today - not as exciting as some of my previous hauls.  Found Pilotwings for the SNES for $5, Mario Kart for the GBA for $6, the "Explorer Pack" for the PC (Civ 1 and Colonization) for $3 (already had it, but couldn't resist), Mario Open Tennis for $30 (Thank you Target and Best Buy!) and broke down and paid too much for a new SD card for my 3DS.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 27, 2012, 06:26:52 PM »
Gamestop Run!

Metroid: Other M (brand new): $10
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor (brand new) $15
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (psp): $7
Donkey Konga (actually have a use for those bongos I picked up a couple months back): $3
Trauma Center: Second Opinion: $6
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 27, 2012, 07:02:13 PM »
Wow, great haul. When I got the CPP, I didn't see any great deals but I'll check a different GameStop for Sin and Punishment. I'm probably going to pick up Shinobi from Amazon.

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 28, 2012, 02:31:49 PM »
Just bought bit trip Runner and Cave Story+. I got the steam versions since they're cheaper than the wiiware ones and I can use glovepie so I can use my classic controller pro on my PC (which my HDTV is hooked up to as a second monitor). and for my non-indie game i bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Been meaning to play Deus ex: HR for awhile but i held off from getting it because i was knee deep in backlogged games. Now that i I've since cleared myself of it I'm free to buy whatever i want. At least until i buy a 360 and ps3, then i get to start the backlog thing all over again.

edit: man the visuals in bit trip are kind of nauseating
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 06:15:21 PM by Lithium »

Offline Tora

• Score: -7
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 28, 2012, 03:08:58 PM »
Haven't bought many games this years.  Here my list, in chronological order.

Pandora's Tower (PAL)

Xenoblade Chronicles

Pokemon Black.

Mario Party 9

Skyward Sword

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: June 01, 2012, 08:40:18 AM »
I've actually never tried an Ace Attorney game before, so I purchased the original Phoenix Wright on on iOS since that seemed to be the cheapest way to play it portably.  It worked very well on the platform; I was pleasantly surprised.   I decided to break down and buy the second and third games on WiiWare given that the DS cartridges are a little hard to find and therefore, expensive these days.

By the way, are the Apollo Justice or Miles Edgeworth games worth checking out?
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 01, 2012, 10:58:13 AM »
I've been thinking about Bastion lately, and wanted to try out the game after hearing a good amount of praise about it.  What timing for Humble Indie Bundle #5 to show up!

So for $7.30 I grabbed:
  • Bastion (Yay!)
  • Psychonauts (Also yay!)
  • Amnesia: The Dark Descent (Maybe yay?)
  • LIMBO and Superbrothers Swords and Sworcery (Meh...)
Best part? All games are DRM free, full (downloadable) soundtracks are included with purchase, part of my payment goes to charity, and full Ubuntu support is finally included for the Humble Bundles which means the usual concerns of installation and compatibility are waived.

Very excited about this!

As a side-note, had ordered an import copy of Another Code R (Wii) a while back but the order kept getting delayed. That's not such a bad thing though: found a different place where I could get Another Code R and Trace Memory (DS) for less than the original price - so one order was cancelled and instead I'm getting two games in it's place.
NNID: ejamer

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 01, 2012, 06:31:37 PM »
I just got back from the store with a copy of Mario Tennis Open and a shiny new PlayStation Vita. I already had the Vita memory card, which was $20 cheaper on Amazon, and I intend to buy all my games digitally.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 03, 2012, 02:19:41 AM »
No pics again - but I only managed to get a few gaming-related things this week.  Picked up a copy of some crappy-looking Bomberman PC Game for $3 at Goodwill.  You can play it via modem or on the internet!  THE INTERNET!  GAMING in the FUTURE will be AWESOME.

A co-worker picked me up a like-new copy of Mario Kart 7 at a Goodwill for only $20.  I already have it, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I get a second 3DS.  Additionally, he gave me his old Glacier GBA - battery cover is missing, but it has some kind of rechargeable battery kit with it.  Best part - Another copy of Link to the Past.  Because I need five copies of it.  Also had one of those awesome Pelican lights that doubles as a screen cover.

I picked up Spirit Camera for the 3DS today.  I went to Best Buy so I could try to take advantage of the Nintendo Zone promo where there's a $10 off coupon... but, as usual, my Best Buy has NO NINTENDO ZONE... so I defeated this by turning on my phone's WiFi, that uses the "Nintendo Zone at Home" trick, loaded the coupon and used it.  Yay!

Finally, broke down and picked up a few e-Shop titles that are reducing in coin value on the eShop.  Mutant Mudds, Kirby's Adventure and Pushmo.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 03, 2012, 02:21:12 AM »
As a side-note, had ordered an import copy of Another Code R (Wii) a while back but the order kept getting delayed. That's not such a bad thing though: found a different place where I could get Another Code R and Trace Memory (DS) for less than the original price - so one order was cancelled and instead I'm getting two games in it's place.

Trace Memory was a great game - right behind Last Window and Hotel Dusk.  Another Code: R was... a bit of a disappointment.  Although, not as much as Again was.  Don't get Again. :(

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #335 on: June 03, 2012, 09:12:44 AM »
I have been obsessively playing Pinball Arcade on my iPad.  Its a great game...and I really like that the tables are real authentic tables.  One of them I played often in my local arcade.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 03, 2012, 09:25:25 AM »
Trace Memory was a great game - right behind Last Window and Hotel Dusk.  Another Code: R was... a bit of a disappointment.  Although, not as much as Again was.  Don't get Again. :(

This is my plan. Reviews for Trace Memory/Another Code: R seem mixed, but so far I haven't seen anything suggesting that Again is worth playing.

My expectations for Another Code: R aren't high... but I see no reason to avoid the game now that my Wii plays imports anyway.  So thanks for that, NoA.  Worst case: I can be one of the relatively few North Americans with bragging rights about playing the game.

I have been obsessively playing Pinball Arcade on my iPad.  Its a great game...and I really like that the tables are real authentic tables.  One of them I played often in my local arcade.

Very excited about this coming to 3DS, despite the small screen making it less attractive than a console version.

Did you see that the Kickstarter project for licensing The Twilight Zone table hit it's goal?  Great table, so it's nice to see that licensing costs and issues won't prevent it from being digitally preserved.  Now there a stretch goal has been added that is trying to get the license for Star Trek: The Next Generation as well.  A pledge of $10 now will get you both DLC tables as free add-ons when/if they get released.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 09:31:16 AM by ejamer »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #337 on: June 03, 2012, 05:35:59 PM »
I am watching it...and I am willing to donate...but I am kinda waiting to see if they get close to the Star Trek goal...they only have 14 more days.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 10, 2012, 01:10:24 AM »
No pic again (does anyone *really* care?)

Picked up a complete copy of the first Pokémon Ranger game, used, for $10.  Interested in seeing if the Club Nintendo code has been redeemed...

Also found a used GameCube power cable for $5.  Yay!  Now to pick up a sixth copy of Mario Kart: Double Dash...

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #339 on: June 10, 2012, 10:26:02 AM »
I just bought a JPN XBOX 360 and a couple of games with it. Let me tell you what buying a used system in Japan is like:

Each unit is priced differently based on its condition. Apparently the one I bought was marked down a lot due to scratches on the console's case. It was even cheaper than some of the older models because of this (I got the 260gb elite or whatever it's called).

When I bought it, the cashier opened the box and showed me the condition of every individual part. I also got a free HDMI cable for some reason. Then I enjoyed a complimentary massage, complete with happy ending.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 10, 2012, 11:28:13 AM »
hands off his Super Potato.

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 10, 2012, 03:02:20 PM »
Pre-ordered Quantum Conundrum on Steam. One of the most fascinating games to come out of E3.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline Drizzt

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 10, 2012, 05:48:32 PM »
Bought New Play Control Pikmin for $14 thought I'd give the series a try to see if I'd buy Pikmin 3. Just started but I'm getting into it and the club nintendo code wasn't used so I got 50 coins. :)

Also preordered the Last Story. I can't wait but the lack of a concrete release date is killing me.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #343 on: June 10, 2012, 07:27:03 PM »
I also got NPC Pikmin 2 today.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #344 on: June 11, 2012, 09:45:06 PM »
I got 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors a few days ago. So far I got one of the bad endings, where Clover murders everyone with an axe, so I'm playing through again. Even though there's a lot of talking, it's a really fun game.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 11, 2012, 10:03:05 PM »
Where did you get it? I'm interested in it and it's sequel, but I haven't been able to find it.

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #346 on: June 11, 2012, 10:17:02 PM »
It's available on Amazon.

What's the sequel called? I'm thinking about buying it.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 11, 2012, 10:22:20 PM »
It used to be called Good People Die and is now called Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward and will apparently release on both 3DS and Vita.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 12, 2012, 03:55:48 PM »
So not really a new game... but my Nintendo 3DS Card Case 18 reward arrived in the mail today.
https://club.nintendo.com/rewards-details/a/24002.do

Sure, it's just a plastic case. But the build quality feels nice, the multiple mix-and-matchable covers are great, and trying to choose which games to put in it appeals to my OCD in ways that simply shouldn't be discussed.

"Free" digital games are still my favorite reward, but this is easily the best physical reward I've received yet and came at a very reasonable price.  Strongly considering ordering another and throwing all my empty DS/3DS cases into storage to save desk space.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #349 on: June 13, 2012, 01:53:30 AM »
I received a copy of Monster Tale for the Nintendo DS. I'm excited to start it, but I have Pikmin 2 and Tales of the Abyss on my plate. Oh, poor me.  :P:
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)