Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 759213 times)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #300 on: April 27, 2012, 09:01:54 AM »
...Kid Icarus: Uprising for $25, ...

Nice.  I recently finished a two DS games that were bought very cheap from Kijiji (similar to Craigslist) and was hoping to trade them in for Kid Icarus Uprising using the current GameStop promotion:  +50% trade credit if applied to used games at the same time.  No luck though. I couldn't find a used copy of Kid Icarus locally.  Either that's good because the game is a "keeper", or bad because nobody here is buying in the first place.

Anyway, used the credit to pick up Star Fox 64 3D instead. Loved the N64 version but skipped the Virtual Console re-release and couldn't justify paying $40 for the remake.  Getting it for under $20 through trading is perfect though.

Edit: Also love the photo of UncleBob's haul.  Good stuff at good prices!  I've heard that technical issues really hurt Back to the Future, but after the Sam & Max and Tales of Monkey Island games I feel prepared to deal with them.  Really hope to find a cheap copy somewhere along the line.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:03:40 AM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 27, 2012, 11:12:15 PM »
recently purchased Uncharted 3, a hell of a game, but in my opinion fell short of the second game which i found to be the best in the series.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Karmacode

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 30, 2012, 10:38:36 PM »
On Sunday I got a Gameboy Micro with Sonic Advance for $25! I am still beaming!
3DS: 3866-8385-5554
Gamertag: K4RM4CODE

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 01, 2012, 01:49:46 PM »
Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (DS) arrived in the mail yesterday.  I like Hotel Dusk and am looking forward to playing this one eventually too.

Gotta say that these over-sized PAL cases aren't doing it for me. They feel kind of flimsy compared to the thinner cases I'm used to.  It's easy enough to just switch the game out though.

Based on my previous import experience, that means everyone can expect NoA to make a localization announcement this month.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 01, 2012, 03:33:59 PM »
Last Window is amazing.  Better than Hotel Dusk - which was great.
Sadly, Another Code:R did not exceed my expectations after playing LW.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 02, 2012, 01:25:40 AM »

Bowser Mario MiniFigure.  Goes with the other various ones I've been getting since the crew came in for the launch of Brawl - but looks like it shipped alone and is quite oversized.  Nice piece - would have bought a second if they had another. :(

N64 Third Party steering controller - $3 at Goodwill. 'meh.

Justice League Task Force SNES - $3 at Goodwill.

Mario K'nex figure - it was a pre-order bonus for MK7 at Target, but they were just selling them individually now for $3.

Centipede 3DS - $6 at Target.  Why not?

Broken Game Boy, Tetris and Game Boy Fanny Pack Hip Pouch.  Paid something like $15 on eBay.  Got it today.  A little miffed because the auction showed two pouches in the photo, but only came with one.  Should have read closer, but really misleading photo.  Plan to wear the Hip Pouch to the Zelda concert. :D

Not gaming related: 2-System Intercom.  Dunno what I'm gonna do with it, but it had never been opened and was $6 at Goodwill. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 02, 2012, 09:23:15 AM »
The 3DS Centipede Infestation is really good. Geometry Wars-style arena shooter with an atrocious story. Easily worth that price.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 05, 2012, 08:54:44 PM »
Retailers closing down can be a great opportunity to vulture on the merchandise they're trying to get rid of before they shutter their doors.

Picked up the Starfox 64 3DS remake for $20 (50% off retail) from a Kmart that is closing down in my Wife's hometown.  Going back there Memorial Day weekend, so might pick up their copy of the new Soul Calibur game for PS3 if they've discounted it any more between now and then (assuming the store is still open and the shelves haven't been completely cleared by then).

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 05, 2012, 10:09:08 PM »
If they still have their Skylanders display (with the characters inside and such) see if you can talk them into selling it.  I'll give you $50+some shipping for it. :D

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 05, 2012, 10:17:50 PM »
Personal Trainer Cooking (DS) - Always wanted to try one of these "games". Found a used copy in great condition for $0.99 and figured that the case alone was worth that price since I've got a couple of DS games missing cases.

Kirby Super Star Ultra (DS) - Found a used copy on Kijiji for $5.  Not a huge Kirby fan, but have heard good things about this game and can always trade it at GameStop for more than I paid.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 05, 2012, 10:30:09 PM »
Personal Trainer Cooking (DS) - Always wanted to try one of these "games". Found a used copy in great condition for $0.99 and figured that the case alone was worth that price since I've got a couple of DS games missing cases.
Also, Club Nintendo coins. :D

Kirby Super Star Ultra (DS) - Found a used copy on Kijiji for $5.  Not a huge Kirby fan, but have heard good things about this game and can always trade it at GameStop for more than I paid.

One of the best SNES games ever.  One of the best DS games ever.  When you're done, don't trade it in to GameStop... sell it to me.  Send me the manuals/insert and you can even keep the case (I have plenty of spare cases! ;))

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 06, 2012, 04:15:05 PM »
If they still have their Skylanders display (with the characters inside and such) see if you can talk them into selling it.  I'll give you $50+some shipping for it. :D

:-/ Sorry, they had no Skylanders left.  I'm assuming that was one of the first things that flew off the shelf, otherwise my wife and I would have probably picked some up.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 06, 2012, 04:29:24 PM »
lol... They're actually supposed to ship the displays back to the company (Activision?) but I've heard of two different people talking the local Kmart that was going out of business into selling them. ;)

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 15, 2012, 07:16:35 PM »
Continuing the trend of picking off scraps of meat from rotting corpses of retailers like a vulture:

My local Blockbuster (the last one in the area) is going out of business, and is up to 40% off all their items.  Picked up a copy of Metal Slug Anthology for $5, which i'm excited about because I haven't had the opportunity to play any of the games yet.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 15, 2012, 07:20:01 PM »
Wario Land Shake It
$9.99 + $4.99 shipping. Mint condition.
Very fun game. Do not miss it.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 15, 2012, 07:34:02 PM »
What's Kijiji? I'd like a copy of Kirby Super Star Ultra for $5.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #316 on: May 15, 2012, 07:49:04 PM »
It's Craiglist + Canada - "personal connections".
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 15, 2012, 10:25:59 PM »
Watching AVENGERS reminded me that once upon a time I looooved Hulk Ultimate Destruction. So I bought a used GameCube copy for $8. Hopefully it's aged as well as my memory has.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 16, 2012, 08:05:34 AM »
Watching AVENGERS reminded me that once upon a time I looooved Hulk Ultimate Destruction. So I bought a used GameCube copy for $8. Hopefully it's aged as well as my memory has.

It has aged well. Still one of the best superhero games of the past 10 years in my opinion.
Nice grab!

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 17, 2012, 10:50:09 AM »

It has aged well. Still one of the best superhero games of the past 10 years in my opinion.
Nice grab!
Yup
very fun game
good controls
just picked it up recently myself
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 17, 2012, 07:03:31 PM »
So having played Hulk Ultimate Destruction now, I can say parts of it haven't aged well. It's ugly and the presentation is pretty terrible. However, it does control rather nicely and more importantly, grabbing a semi truck and throwing it into a helicopter that is shooting at you is ALWAYS fun. I don't care who you are. It seems a bit repetitive, but it nails that base pleasure so well that I don't really mind. Worth the $8!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 26, 2012, 05:03:20 PM »
I'm weak. I picked up a Circle Pad Pro because I want to play Kid Icarus Uprising which I still need to buy but not at GameStop. /left-handed problems

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #322 on: May 26, 2012, 05:25:38 PM »
Tetris Axis ($15) and DQM:Joker 2 ($20) as I continue my quest to get a day 1 CN Platinum next year. Thank you, Mart of the Wal.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

« Reply #323 on: May 26, 2012, 05:34:00 PM »
This week has been awesome for finding good deals.

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 for $10 at Target.
Shinobi on 3DS for $15, Sonic Generations PS3 for $22.00ish, and Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin for $20 on Amazon.
Rayman Origins for PS3 from Best Buy.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 26, 2012, 07:07:56 PM »
My last gaming purchases were Sorcery (yes, that PS3 Move game that's taken forever to come out. And yes, it is a good budget-priced title) and Mass Effect 3 (which was on sale for $30).  I've already finished one run through Sorcery, and Mass Effect 3 will sit where it is on my shelf until Bioware releases the DLC that slaps a bandaid on the Ending.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.