Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 755502 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #275 on: March 30, 2012, 12:31:28 PM »
SMT: Devil Survivor 2 for the DS. Expect the Overclocked announcement next week.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 02, 2012, 11:50:36 AM »
  • Tetris Party Live (DSiWare) - For me, this is perfect. Quick, configurable, and always on the system without needing to carry a cart around. Online versus is icing on the cake... at least until players disappear and servers get shut down.

And it's gone!  Looks like they realized that sales for Tetris Axis (and the virtual console Tetris, and any other versions) were going to suffer as long as this cheap and convenient version was easily available.  Hope anyone else interested in getting the best portable Tetris experience grabbed this game before it was removed from the eShop.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 02, 2012, 12:57:12 PM »
  • Tetris Party Live (DSiWare) - For me, this is perfect. Quick, configurable, and always on the system without needing to carry a cart around. Online versus is icing on the cake... at least until players disappear and servers get shut down.

And it's gone!  Looks like they realized that sales for Tetris Axis (and the virtual console Tetris, and any other versions) were going to suffer as long as this cheap and convenient version was easily available.  Hope anyone else interested in getting the best portable Tetris experience grabbed this game before it was removed from the eShop.
I was considering it but, I guess I'll just get none of them now.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 07, 2012, 04:02:02 AM »
As I mentioned elsewhere, I was in the mood for a baseball game, and since spending for my trip to E3 has left me without the necessary funds to buy the Vita I had my eye on and I didn't feel like dropping $60 on The Show for PS3, I decided to jump on the deal Ymeegod posted in the Amazing Deals thread and picked up the PC version of MLB 2K12 for $20 on Amazon. After spending a good deal of time getting Wine configured correctly to run it, I spent some time with it and I'm liking it. Since my beloved Tribe is in desperate need of a left fielder, I started whatever the equivalent of Be A Pro mode is as one in the Indians organization. So far, it's looking like $20 well spent.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 07, 2012, 09:25:32 AM »
So I went to pick up my copy of Xenoblade (yay! love that game!) and was looking around the store afterwards. Ended up walking out with two other titles:  Aliens Infestation (DS, $10) and Knights in the Nightmare (DS, $15).  Presumably that is why the didn't mind doing the "exclusive" deal - increased foot traffic often pays off.

Pretty happy with both. Aliens is another WayForward game, which means it probably looks better than it plays... but probably plays well enough to be worth trying. Very happy with the pricing on that one as I wouldn't have paid more than $10. Knights is a bit more of a wild-card. Some people love the game and talk it up heavily, but others found the weird genre mashing not to their liking. It's Atlus, and I'm a bit of a fanboy, so it seemed like a decent risk to take.

The only downside is that my backlog isn't exactly shrinking. Finishing a couple of games this weekend means I'm just holding even...
 :(

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #280 on: April 07, 2012, 11:35:45 PM »
Yeah, Aliens: Infestation is on my "to buy" list. It's dropped to $20 at Wal-Mart and Best Buy, but I'm sure I'll find it cheaper somewhere else. I love WayForward, and I love Aliens, sooo...

I bought Rayman Origins today for PS3 for $20. I don't have friends to play it with, so we'll see how much I love it. Sure looks pretty, though. Also got the review copy of Spirit Camera, which I'm giddy to try. I ain't afraid of no ghost!
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Karmacode

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 08, 2012, 03:07:24 PM »
Dragon Age: Oirigns, Red Dead Redemption, Fable 3 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution, all for the 360.
3DS: 3866-8385-5554
Gamertag: K4RM4CODE

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 13, 2012, 11:58:38 PM »

came in the mail yesterday

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 14, 2012, 02:26:01 PM »
Picked up an old NES game last week.  Had this as a kid and could never beat it.

So... played it for a bit yesterday and this morning.  Beat it.

Turns out, as a kid, I made it all the way to the very last ghost, but could never figure out how to kill it.  Got stuck in the same place and looked it up online (yay internet).  There are like NO CLUES on how to kill this thing in the game.  Everything else, I figured out on my own as a child.  This one, however, is pretty much trial and error (or cheat).

Anyway, the ending was pretty pathetic.

And I paid $20 for this.

Grr.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 16, 2012, 12:25:44 PM »
I just started a GoG account and picked up Fallout 1 for free.  I'm tempted to pick up Descent 3 as well on their as I never got to finish that game back when it was released.  I might even try a few more games with their $2.99 sale going on right now. 

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 16, 2012, 01:39:42 PM »
Speaking of GoG, I bought Freespace 2 on sale for $2.99 and went through the process of installing FS2 Open with it. It's nice to have a Mac-native way of playing it and not have to rely on some form of Wine. Now to figure out how I want to control it.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Quadran

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 16, 2012, 02:29:43 PM »
I've got a couple of games last week:
  • Pandora's Tower (Wii)
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS)
  • Tales of the Abyss (3DS)
Those are going to keep my busy for a while.

Offline Karmacode

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 17, 2012, 05:32:05 PM »
Pokemon SoulSilver and HeartGold.
3DS: 3866-8385-5554
Gamertag: K4RM4CODE

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 18, 2012, 10:42:08 PM »
$1.  Goodwill.  Suck it, bitches.  :D

Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 19, 2012, 12:15:07 AM »
Poor Luigi has been dumped into a vat of toxic waste. It's a crime against the natural laws.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 19, 2012, 08:44:36 AM »
Those eyes creep me out!  Nice find.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 19, 2012, 04:21:20 PM »
Infinite Space (DS) arrived in the mail today. 

Pretty happy about this one. The game is rather difficult to find here and pricing is higher than I'd like when copies do show up.  Skipped out on that issue by importing. A week later and I have my sealed PAL copy in hand for less than $20 after shipping.

Game looks interesting, and I seem to recall some positive comments from RFN, as long as the complexity isn't a hang-up.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 19, 2012, 04:33:05 PM »
$1.  Goodwill.  Suck it, bitches.  :D
You paid $0.84 too much

but it was for a good cause...
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 21, 2012, 07:56:31 PM »
Been trying to decide what to wear to the Zelda Concert.  I still don't know what it's going to be, but this will be part of it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NINTENDO-GAMEBOY-LOT-w-GAMEBOY-FANNY-PACK-TETRIS-GAMEBOY-FOR-PARTS-/300695985756?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4602e09e5c&autorefresh=true

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 23, 2012, 05:12:33 PM »
I had the opportunity to buy Kid Icarus at regular price and get Alice Madness Returns for a penny. I convinced myself not to get it because I would be getting it more for the deal rather than because I really wanted either game. I still have no access to a Circle Pad Pro. Has anyone played Alice? I've heard mixed reactions to it. It might be worth picking up with Uprising then trading back in. However, I still haven't opened Xenoblade.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 23, 2012, 06:24:04 PM »
Let's Tap $8.99
Was listening to some old RFN and this was a running gag for a few ep's (including Famicomplicated's first one!)
Also, there was some positive vibe when the NWR game club voting was going on

So yeah, Let's Tap!
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 26, 2012, 03:11:37 PM »
let's tap and let's tap, choose your tapping game

Yeah ever since i listened to those episodes I've been meaning to buy that game but never got around to it XD

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 26, 2012, 09:31:26 PM »

Local game chain is closing their local store.  Sad, but they were generally overpriced anyway.  50% off, so I picked up the Mario guide for $4, the NES game (goes great with my recently acquired copy of Uninvited - and I've never played this one!) for $4, the GCN Broadband adapter for $15, and 1080 Avalanche for $3.50.  That completes my 4 copies of 1080.  Just need three more copies of Double Dash, a copy of Kirby's Air Ride, two more GCN broadband adapters and one more GCN. :D

Also, Game Stop had BttF for $10.  Why not?

Not a purchase... but an awesome friend sent me a Wham Shell (last regular Skylanders figure I needed!) and some Kid Icarus cards (4 European Boosters, a US booster and two loose cards).  Also threw in two promotional Skylanders ink pens. :D  The cards and pens are not shown.

Also not shown, picked up two Tiger Woods Wii Motion Plus bundles on clearance for $5 each - new.  Yay!

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 26, 2012, 10:54:53 PM »
Tonight got:

Kid Icarus: Uprising for $25, but doesn't have the AR cards.  Don't know how that'll affect the game experience, but if they're as useful as the ones that came with the 3DS, then I think i'll be ok.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Katamari Forever and Heavy Rain for $40 at Gamestop.

Xenoblade Chronicles

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 26, 2012, 10:58:49 PM »
The cards aren't necessary to play Kid Icarus, and if you want to use them, you can find scans for nearly all of them in our Kid Icarus AR Card Guide, which you can scan into your 3DS the same way you would physical cards.

J.P. Corbran