Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 755193 times)

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #225 on: February 27, 2012, 10:05:10 AM »
Pikmin's worth $40, ToS $15, LM $10, FE $15, alone and the other games still go for a few dollars as well.

There's someone out there who was just taken to the cleaners :0.  Good score.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 27, 2012, 10:27:58 AM »
Got Skylanders PS3 for $14, and another 4 figurines for $4/character (A rock guy, a guy with a sword & shield, and two guys with wings).

My wife seems to like it a lot.  I haven't played it yet, but it looks like it might be entertaining for the sake of trying to collect all the items in a given level, and i'm sure my wife will now obsessively look for new figurines to buy.

As predicted, had to drop more cash on this one because we were missing characters (life and fire elements).  Picked up the 3DS copy of Skylanders because it came with both, no special sale, but as far as I know, we have all the elements (except for the pirate ship one they show on the side of the 3DS Box).

Seems like the 3DS version might be a smidgen more difficult, if at least because you can actually fall off ledges on that version, while I've noticed you cant fall off an island in the PS3 version.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 27, 2012, 12:32:38 PM »
I've noticed you cant fall off an island in the PS3 version.
You can.  Only certain areas and I'm fairly sure your really not suppose to be able to.  It comes with the whole no jumping thing.

My wife really likes the game as well and I like having something I can play with here or my 3 year old son.  Though I can't get her to play the 3DS game which is a different game.  The 3DS game for the most part is harder par se, but its not as puzzle driven.  Its a platformer and a pretty good one at that.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 28, 2012, 12:23:45 AM »
3DS version is the better game. :D

jrlibrarian: Damn, that was a good haul.  Those Resident Evil games alone made it worth it. :D

Got my last n-Space/DS game in the mail today (that was fast shipping!)...

Thus my n-Space/DS (and now n-Space/Nintendo) collection is complete (so far as I know)...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 28, 2012, 09:08:32 AM »
Hahaha!  Scored an old NES with one controller and Super Mario Bros 3 for $10 off Kijiji. 

I've been casually looking for one lately, but prices for the old hardware seem to be rising. Most recent ads have been asking for between $60-100+ for complete Action sets... but I really don't care about the collector value, just want to be able to play some old games.

This one sold for much less because there is some cosmetic damage to the outer casing, it needed to be opened and cleaned, and it would benefit from (but not require) a new 72-pin connector replacement - all stuff that I can easily fix myself on the cheap.

Getting Super Mario Bros 3 included is a nice bonus. Now to hit up the local used stores and see if I can find any game deals.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 28, 2012, 09:23:57 AM »
Thus my n-Space/DS (and now n-Space/Nintendo) collection is complete (so far as I know)...
<Picture was Here>
What is that sandwiched on the far right side surrounded by Call of Duty?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 28, 2012, 09:41:42 AM »

I had to cheat a little.  That's my DSiXL.

I took a picture with it.

The picture is of my TV.

On my TV are three Wii channels of WiiWare - Carnival King (which EVERYONE should have) and the two Target Toss Pro games.  Didn't have any other idea how to "represent" them in the photo. ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 28, 2012, 09:51:42 AM »

I had to cheat a little.  That's my DSiXL.

I took a picture with it.

The picture is of my TV.

On my TV are three Wii channels of WiiWare - Carnival King (which EVERYONE should have) and the two Target Toss Pro games.  Didn't have any other idea how to "represent" them in the photo. ;)
Printed Box Covers in Cases temporarily :P

Offline Kirbyo

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 28, 2012, 12:49:06 PM »
I recently purchased the two new games and the trailers of these games were very outstanding than i decided to purchased my own like
Call of Duty
League OF Legends

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 28, 2012, 09:32:40 PM »

WiiWare - Carnival King (which EVERYONE should have)

Really? I just bought a Wii points card at Lunch that I'm itching to burn...
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 09, 2012, 05:53:32 PM »
So I bought a used 3DS off amazon. It just arrived. Much to my surprise, it came with the original packaging, the Nyko battery pack, a hard case, $20 in e-shop credit and EVERY SINGLE AMBASSADOR GAME. Price? $145.
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 10, 2012, 12:01:46 AM »
nice haul, Jrlibrarian
---

text text text...SO. MUCH. TEXT.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 10, 2012, 08:57:22 AM »
If they ever make a Sequel to that game I would not be surprised if they poke fun at themselves and have an activity log on the bottom.  It would have:

Run
Run
Run
Jump
Jump
Flip
Get Schooled

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 10, 2012, 07:10:44 PM »
Not very exciting, but I stopped by a GameStop to pick up the latest Game Informer so I could get the exclusive KI AR Card.  They didn't have the new issue yet.  Poop.

I browsed their meager GameCube collection... they had a minty-minty copy of Midway Arcade Treasures 1.  I wasn't aware, but, apparently, this game had a reprint in a different packaging (that's more in line with 2 & 3).  I already had the first, but I grabbed this, since it was a whopping $5.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #239 on: March 10, 2012, 07:38:57 PM »
Just got 3DS #2.

Trying to rebuild the friends list...
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: March 10, 2012, 08:07:17 PM »
Not very exciting, but I stopped by a GameStop to pick up the latest Game Informer so I could get the exclusive KI AR Card.  They didn't have the new issue yet.  Poop.

I browsed their meager GameCube collection... they had a minty-minty copy of Midway Arcade Treasures 1.  I wasn't aware, but, apparently, this game had a reprint in a different packaging (that's more in line with 2 & 3).  I already had the first, but I grabbed this, since it was a whopping $5.
Just saw this and searched KI AR card...disappointed to see it was Kid Icarus, I momentarily forgot about Microsoft buying RARE and thought maybe there was a Killer Instinct AR card.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline TrueNerd

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 13, 2012, 09:25:53 PM »
I begrudgingly bought a 360 today. Technically I split it with my roommate. As a PS3 owner, the 360's exclusives have done little to intrigue me. And they still don't. Probably the main reason I went in on it is because Halo is the only fps not named Call of Duty (CoD is not my idea of fun) that has four player split screen. Like controllers with rumble, four player split screen is a previous generation feature. So I have ODST and I probably won't buy another boxed retail game for the system. Maybe I'll give Gears another shot just to see if it's still as aesthetically disgusting to me as it was four years ago.

However, those XBLA games... Ikaruga! Rez! Shadow Complex! Super Meat Boy! Splosion Man! Countless others! They will all be mine. Shadow Complex is the best Metroid game of this generation. I'll play through that game another dozen times. Also the 360 controller feels great. The sticks and triggers feel loads better than the Dual Shock. If it wasn't for that janky as hell d-pad, it'd be just about perfect. Seriously. That d-pad sucks.

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 13, 2012, 09:30:33 PM »
just curious if you've tried the new xbox controller with the d-pad that's supposed to be upgraded. I'm wondering if i should buy that one when i eventually get a 360 in the coming months.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 09:33:37 PM by Lithium »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #243 on: March 13, 2012, 09:54:50 PM »
I have one of those, it works fine. I can't define it, but it feels different (not worse or better, just different). I never had a problem with the old d-pad, so it doesn't matter to me that they changed it.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 13, 2012, 10:03:30 PM »
I have one as well, and it's definitely a noticeable improvement over the old D-pad. I still prefer the analog stick over it in stuff like Super Meat Boy, though, so whether it's worth the hefty price tag is debatable.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 13, 2012, 11:33:22 PM »
Today I bought Tales of Graces F (which is oddly well-promoted on this website, despite being a PS3 exclusive) and Silent Hill Downpour (also for PS3).  I've put some time into both, and so far I've...been underwhelmed by both, though for different reasons.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline TrueNerd

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 13, 2012, 11:48:12 PM »
just curious if you've tried the new xbox controller with the d-pad that's supposed to be upgraded. I'm wondering if i should buy that one when i eventually get a 360 in the coming months.
I dunno, do the upgraded ones come with new systems these days?

EDIT: I just looked at your link. No, I don't think I have that controller.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 11:55:02 PM by TrueNerd »

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 13, 2012, 11:54:45 PM »
as far as i know it doesn't

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #248 on: March 17, 2012, 09:54:18 PM »
Bought a Wi-Fi Vita.

Now I need a memory card and a game, 'cause right now it's a fancy-looking paperweight.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 17, 2012, 10:59:52 PM »
Bought a Wi-Fi Vita.

Now I need a memory card and a game, 'cause right now it's a fancy-looking paperweight.
Couldn't you use it for Twitter?