Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 755436 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #175 on: February 09, 2012, 02:55:03 PM »
I just bought the greatest game of all time, Duke Nukem Forever

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 09, 2012, 08:25:20 PM »
I thought you were only missing 1.
Missing Cynder. :(
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 09, 2012, 11:08:54 PM »
I thought you were only missing 1.
Missing Cynder. :(
Ironically the Big Man got Cynder today just walking into a TRU.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 10, 2012, 04:20:35 PM »
$10 total on Kijiji for a handful of used GameCube titles:
  • Mario Kart: Double Dash
  • Mario Party 6 (microphone not included)
  • Paper Mario and the Thousand-Year Old Door (Player's Choice)
  • Resident Evil 4 (Player's Choice)
I'm really only interested in the first two games, but it seemed like a good price for the lot and I doubt it'll be hard to trade the others away to recoup some or all of the cost.

All games in great condition, and none of the Club Nintendo codes were even used yet. (They are now even though all are way to old to be worth points.)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:10:21 PM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 10, 2012, 04:28:44 PM »
Paper Mario is worth playing some.  I like the jokes.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 10, 2012, 04:34:22 PM »
Paper Mario is worth playing some.  I like the jokes.

I should mention, the only reason I wasn't interested in the other two games was because I already own them. Resident Evil and Paper Mario are both great!  The offer was $5 per game or $10 for the lot though, and since I wanted 2 games it made sense to just grab everything.
 ;D

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 10, 2012, 06:24:45 PM »
This is probably a long shot, but is there anyone here who played the Baten Kaitos games? I just found Baten Kaitos Origins at a GameStop, which I believe is actually the second game they made but it is a prequil, if I recall correctly. So my question is, would I be missing anything if I played this game first, or would I be better off waiting to find a copy of the first Baten Kaitos game released?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 10, 2012, 07:23:54 PM »
This is probably a long shot, but is there anyone here who played the Baten Kaitos games? I just found Baten Kaitos Origins at a GameStop, which I believe is actually the second game they made but it is a prequil, if I recall correctly. So my question is, would I be missing anything if I played this game first, or would I be better off waiting to find a copy of the first Baten Kaitos game released?

Considering Origins is a prequel, you'd be fine playing it first.  Plus, it's a better game than the first Kaitos, IMO.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 10, 2012, 07:58:17 PM »
The first Baten Kaitos game was pretty good despite some terrible voice acting. I haven't tried Origins yet (only because I haven't seen a copy of the game available) but everything I've read agrees with the comment from Broodwars. Origins also tends to be harder to find. Probably a safe pick up if you want a decent RPG.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 11, 2012, 06:53:29 AM »
Aquaria

I LOVE THE MUSIC.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 11, 2012, 10:01:34 AM »
I caved and bought a Skylander 3 pack just to get Sonic Boom.  Now I need to sell Stealth Elf and Wreckingball from the pack.

Know I just need Slam Bam and the Ice Expansion.I also almost got a Super Princess Peach Sleeping bag because I wanted the bag...
There was a Mario Statue that held you 3DS there too.  If it would have had the charger stuff built in it I would have probably picked it up.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 11, 2012, 11:32:45 PM »
I bought that Mario Statue.  It's weird - it retailed for more than the Pikachu statue that *does* double as a charging base.

Anyway, today, I picked up EA Active 2 for $10 on clearance at Walmart, the two 007 DS titles a shirt that says "I'm the bomb!" and has a bob-omb on it and... Rhythm Heaven Fever for the Wii.  Yeah, some lame ass chain had it out for sale early and, apparently, not blocked at the register like they usually do.  Win for me. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 12, 2012, 12:01:03 AM »
I'm kind of surprised Walmart doesn't break street dates more often. They could get extra sales that way, and it's not like Nintendo really has any leverage over them; you can't cut off somebody as big as Walmart.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 12, 2012, 12:24:41 AM »
I'm kind of surprised Walmart doesn't break street dates more often. They could get extra sales that way, and it's not like Nintendo really has any leverage over them; you can't cut off somebody as big as Walmart.

You can't cut them off... but that extra shipment of Wii can easily go to Toys R Us this week.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 14, 2012, 07:55:01 AM »
Not really a gaming purchase, but a friend of mine has one of these coming my way...

Whoo-hoo!

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 14, 2012, 10:38:47 AM »

I'm in the home stretch of my backlog, after this game there will only be 5 games left.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 14, 2012, 11:20:16 AM »
Not really a gaming purchase, but a friend of mine has one of these coming my way...

Whoo-hoo!

You Cynder looks different then mine.  Its glittery. With no eyes.  Its missing the detail and color.  I really like the Cynder all painted up so it be weird not having it.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 14, 2012, 01:23:17 PM »

I'm in the home stretch of my backlog, after this game there will only be 5 games left.

Unsure if I'm jealous or not.  I've got a notable backlog, but am not really expecting to buy in for the next round of consoles.  Every time I look at my shelf of unfinished games, it's insurance that I'll be able to enjoy gaming for a long time to come.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 14, 2012, 01:27:54 PM »
I stopped into a Gamestop just to see if they had any CPP.  I noticed that they were clearancing some Used games for PS3.  I ended up picking up.

MLB 2k8
Madden 08
Dark Void
Sports Champion
Bionic Commando

All for $24.95 and since I live in Tennessee that really means $27.26.  I hadn't played a Madden game in over 12 years so the .99 cent purchase of Madden 08 seems justified.

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 14, 2012, 02:36:50 PM »

Unsure if I'm jealous or not.  I've got a notable backlog, but am not really expecting to buy in for the next round of consoles.  Every time I look at my shelf of unfinished games, it's insurance that I'll be able to enjoy gaming for a long time to come.

same deal here, i only had a wii this generation so when the ps4 and xbox 3 come out im buying a 360 and ps3. Then i get to start the whole backlog thing again, it's been maybe 3 years since i started backlogs, first for last gen consoles (ps2, xbox, GC) then DS and Wii. Only difference is that I only buy new games once i beat the game im currently playing.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 14, 2012, 03:36:35 PM »

Whoo-hoo!

You Cynder looks different then mine.  Its glittery. With no eyes.  Its missing the detail and color.  I really like the Cynder all painted up so it be weird not having it.

I still plan to get a regular Cynder - but this one is a Toy Fair exclusive, handed out in NYC during this year's annual Toy Fair. :D

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 15, 2012, 03:42:14 PM »
hah fragile dreams came in a bright yellow package with "FRAGILE" in big letters. Either its a coincidence or the seller has a sense of humour.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 19, 2012, 01:27:22 AM »
So, my most recent gaming purchases:
My earlier purchases of the two 007 titles gave me the kick I needed to put the finishing touches on my n-Space DS collection.
Finally picked up JAWS: Ultimate Predator for the 3DS.  I've NEVER managed to actually find this one in-store... although I hear it sells pretty well (which could explain it).  Well, that's a bit of a lie - I did find it in a GameStop, used for $25.  Since it retails for $30 and comes with a Club Nintendo code, that $5 discount isn't gonna do it for me...  So I went on Amazon where it was... $25.  GameStop, you suck.  Also, your employees suck for giving me a hard time because I wasn't interested in the used copy.  Hint: When someone asks "Do you have this new?", it means they want a new copy.  Don't try to "upsell" them the used copy.  They fricking have it in their fricking hands - they're aware it's there and can read the price tag.

Then, I went on eBay and grabbed a copy of Toy Story 3.  It's the only n-Space game that I didn't purchase new or received as a gift... and that's because it was a retailer exclusive!  Guh.    I was going to buy it when it came out, but then saw that Target had an exclusive version of it - the "To the Rescue" edition - that came with some extra content... Thus, I wanted to wait and pick up the game at Target.  Well, I never got around to it and when I finally decided to get it, they only had the regular version left in stock.  So, I just bit the bullet and bought a used copy on eBay... completing my collection!

Tonight, at Toys R Us, I picked up that stupid looking 3DS Steering Wheel.  Yes, it's stupid looking... but WOW!  Let me tell you, if you have big hands, this is amazingly comfortable.  And the triggers for the L/R on the back are pretty sweet.  It's a shame it's so big and clunky.

Finally, at GameStop, I managed to score a (used... heh.) copy of Metroid Prime for $5.  But not just any Metroid Prime - the version that comes packed with the Echoes Demo Disc!  Yay!

Gotta catch 'em all!

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 20, 2012, 11:13:25 AM »
I've been holding off for a while, but finally gave in and made an import order:
  • The Last Story (limited collector's edition)
  • Pikmin 2 New Play Control
  • Disaster: Day of Crisis
Disaster was cheap and sounds so over-the-top that it'll be funny and memorable even if it's not exactly enjoyable.  (Does that make sense?)  The other games are ones that I really want but have no confidence NoA cares about.

This officially kills my pre-order for Xenoblade in North America unless a sweet trade deal pops up at GameStop so that I don't have to pay anything out of pocket. Why pay twice for a game when I can get new content?  Especially when importing The Last Story is roughly the same price...

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 20, 2012, 03:04:54 PM »

and