Community Forums > General Chat

Official NFL Discussion: If You Only Count The Legal Points, KC Wins

<< < (5/234) > >>

Ian Sane:
So the Cardinals picked up Kevin Kolb.  If Kolb is any good that could put Arizona ahead of the rest of the NFC West.  This is a team that made it to the Superbowl a few years ago and only seemed to turn to crap entirely because their quarterback retired.  They have Larry Fitzgerald who is one of the best wide receivers in the league.  The reason he didn't put up big stats last year was because, you know, a receiver needs someone to throw him the ball and the Cards sure didn't have one.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Seahawks finished third in their division (ahead of the lol Alex Smiths of course).

Regarding player salaries, I think professional athletics deserve to be millionaires because they are the draw.  The big leagues thrive because people want to see the best players of the sport.  Without those players the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL have nothing to offer.  These are multi-million dollar businesses and the players deserve a fair sized piece of that pie.  What I don't like is when individual players are overpaid.  I don't like it when rookies who haven't played a game yet get huge contracts and fail to meet expectations.  I don't like it when mid-level players get a big contract from a desperate or stupid team.  I don't like it when superstars clearly half-ass it and have a bad attitude once they've got the money.  And what I REALLY hate are the assholes in every sport that have breakout seasons the year their contract expires, sign for big money based on that one year, and then half-ass it again until the last year of that contract.  You're damn lucky to be so talented at a sport that you can become rich playing it for a living.  Hard work is also involved but no one gets there on hard work alone, you need some natural talent and favourable genetics as well.  If you're going to be so lucky then you better act like a professional - work hard, do your best, maintain a good working relationship with your teammates and the coaching staff, be considerate to the fans, and don't act like a fucking asshole.  Of course what percentage of professional athletes follow that?  Maybe 25%?

Though odds are you know someone who makes more money than you do and you don't feel they really deserve it.  That's a part of life, even if it doesn't seem fair.  So no matter what, there are going to be overpaid athletes.

noname2200:
Ochocinco and Haynesworth both heading to the Pats. And the Pats fans I knew were complaining yesterday about how boring free agency had been...

Shaymin:
Well, after getting rid of Moss I guess the Pats had an opening at douche.

Still, that's gonna be some tough competition.

Morari:

--- Quote from: Ian Sane on July 28, 2011, 05:08:57 PM ---So no matter what, there are going to be overpaid athletes.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, like all of them.

TJ Spyke:
To be fair, not all. The TOP player in the National Lacrosse League (the top level indoor lacrosse league) is only $25K a year, the average is $14K. So most lacrosse players either also compete in Major League Lacrosse (which is outdoor lacrosse) or have non-sports jobs as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version