Community Forums > General Chat

Official NFL Discussion: If You Only Count The Legal Points, KC Wins

<< < (4/234) > >>

NWR_insanolord:
Well then I have no idea. Still, I have no problem with them cutting Delhomme. He started the Browns game I went to last year and he was almost single-handedly responsible for them losing.

Though if they've got that kind of cap room, they might as well go out and sign some free agents. They have to play the Steelers and Ravens twice a year, and if they're going to stand a chance in that division they need all the help they can get.

Ceric:
I'm actually more excited about this year because players should be more rested but less trained.  Should make for some interesting moments.  Plus on average all the players are getting paid more and there is less disparity from what I heard.

I'm not to surprised about Hasselbeck.  I'm just still disappointed that the Titans didn't go outside of there organization for a new Head coach.  Fisher had his moments but that whole team needed fresh coaching perspective.

TJ Spyke:
The first few games should be interesting for the blooper reels because the players are gonna be extremely rusty after 5+ months of no practice or training. The rookies will be even worse than normal. As for salary, most players should be getting paid less, not more. Athletes in general are over-paid (the NBA is worse than the NFL though).

Ceric:

--- Quote from: TJ Spyke on July 28, 2011, 02:51:25 PM ---The first few games should be interesting for the blooper reels because the players are gonna be extremely rusty after 5+ months of no practice or training. The rookies will be even worse than normal. As for salary, most players should be getting paid less, not more. Athletes in general are over-paid (the NBA is worse than the NFL though).

--- End quote ---
From what I heard the players making the most will get a pay decrease but, the player making the equivalent of Minimum Wage for the NFL will get a boost.

noname2200:

--- Quote from: Ceric on July 28, 2011, 02:59:26 PM ---From what I heard the players making the most will get a pay decrease but, the player making the equivalent of Minimum Wage for the NFL will get a boost.

--- End quote ---

Long-term maybe, but in the short run it just seems like a handful of players are getting paid faaaaar more than they're worth. I think it'll even out in the long run though, and it makes me happy that first-round draftees will no longer get more money than most proven veterans.

On a different note, I was initially impressed by the activity level the Panthers are showing, but then I realized they're mostly just bringing back their own players and acquiring merely-decent free agents. The definition of insanity... Meanwhile, Washington continues to overpay for has-beens, and all is right with the world...

On an unrelated note, insanolord will be "pleased" to note that the Browns are the only team who haven't bothered to pick up anyone yet. Not even their own FAs. But the only guy they've lost so far is Trusnik.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version