Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1205355 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #3325 on: July 03, 2015, 07:44:02 AM »
Nope, I say it because they are making series that are dark for no reason except to be different.  They are not looking at the character and seeing who the character is and what the character is about, and THEN making the movie.

Superman is not a dark character...he shouldn't be in a dark, overly serious movie.  It should be lighter than Batman, except that is not what we got with Man of Steel.  Your examples were ALL Batman films, which should be dark.  However, you ignore that the first great Super Hero movie Richard Donner's Superman wasn't dark at all. 

Justice League just looks to be pushing all the DC characters into the drab serious world.  It doesn't have to be that way...create some contrast, so people understand the different characters. 

The CW did it right with The Flash.  They allowed for a fun popcorn series to be created.  Sure it has its moments of serious threat, but Barry Allen is light, and playful.  Yet he still hangs out with The Arrow...who is still a darker character. 

Marvel looked at the characters, and asked the important questions...who is this character?  What are his/her stories about, and then crafted their movie.  So Captain America is an adventure series, but it is also rooted heavily in the Spy genre and conspiracy genre.  We have Heist movie with Ant Man.  Iron Man perhaps played it more straight for a Super Hero story, but it still focused on corporations and legacies...dealing with a broken man getting a second chance in life.

Isn't your last line exactly the same for Ant-man though. Honestly I liked Man of Steel and just like Ant-man is a Heist film I view it mostly as a first contact film. Also filter and neck snap aside Man of Steel isn't that grim of a film. Plus I really like the fact that they're leaning into the real life reactions and consequences of two aliens using a US city as their battleground.

I was reading the new EW and is anyone else surprised that the Last Hunger games movie is finally coming out. It seems that series has been going for a pretty long time now.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: July 11, 2015, 06:12:57 PM »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: July 11, 2015, 06:47:44 PM »
Not gonna lie...that looks awesome.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: July 11, 2015, 07:21:44 PM »
COUGH COUGH * Leaked Suicide Squad Trailer * COUGH COUGH

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/suicide-squad-comic-con-trailer-leaks-online

COUGH COUGH

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3329 on: July 11, 2015, 08:14:02 PM »
Ok, that actually looks good.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3330 on: July 11, 2015, 09:23:17 PM »
Yeah it does. Lots of Batman and Superman reference and even flat out showing of Batman in the trailer.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: July 12, 2015, 12:08:33 AM »
New duds for Oliver in season 4.

https://twitter.com/CW_Arrow/status/620071802660745217

Looking good.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: July 12, 2015, 08:47:40 AM »
That BvsS trailer looks kinda stupid to me.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: July 12, 2015, 09:38:38 AM »
Ash vs Evil Dead trailer was everything I hoped it would be and more (continuation of Army of Darkness, Bruce Campbell being sexcellent). Sadly, I don't have Starz.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: July 12, 2015, 11:03:15 AM »
Deadpool trailer is online too, same site as above with the Suicide Squad trailer. There's some leaked footage from X-Men Apocalypse on there too...haven't found the full clip though.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: July 12, 2015, 01:26:51 PM »
The Deadpool trailer was sexmazing. It was the best footage from Comic-Con.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: July 13, 2015, 04:19:33 PM »
I dig the new Batman v. Superman trailer, think it does a good job of setting up a story of how these epic superhero battles have consequence, something I think Marvel movies sometimes do a poor job of illustrating.  Hopefully there'll be some weight to the actual story in the movie.  That said, I still can't see Jesse Eisenberg playing a good Lex Luthor.  He's given some good lines in the trailer, but just sounds and looks like an aging college art student.

As someone who never saw Evil Dead, the Ash v Evil Dead trailer looked like a lot of fun.  Although I supposed it'd be good for me to go back and watch those before giving that a shot.

Finally, that Deadpool trailer was awful, in that I couldn't hear anything and the picture quality was awful (not surprising from a horizontal phone recording).  Is there any expected release of the trailer to the public?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: July 13, 2015, 05:35:53 PM »
Trailer for the Suicide Squad   

You Know Amanda we really are the Suicide Squad.

Really excited for DC's upcoming Slate of films. I'm just hoping Dark Universe isn't in Limbo.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: July 18, 2015, 05:28:35 AM »
Apocalypse looks pretty dumb thus far. I think they picked the wrong guy for the role...but maybe the released pics (only from 5 weeks of shooting, apparently) aren't his final form or something. He's not supposed to have a blue face. Also Magneto looks pretty dumb too...should have gone with his look from DoFP. They always do this crap where they put lines and straps and "sections" into costumes for no reason and it just looks dumb. I will say that Storm and Psylocke look pretty great though. It will be weird seeing how this next movie will be the further erasing of X-Men 1, 2, and 3. For someone who has never seen any of the movies they should actually watch them in the order that they were released (or just watch First Class before any of the others, then go in order)...or they could just never watch the first 3 movies since the events don't take place anymore. Anyway...Apocalypse looks dumb.

I guess this isn't part of the MCU since it's Fox...but meh.

here are the pics just incase anyone was wondering what they look like:
http://www.ew.com/gallery/first-look-x-men-apocalypse/2248598_ororo-munroestorm-alexandra-shipp-en-sabah-nurapocalypse-oscar-isaac-and-betsy-braddockpsylocke

and I think Apocalypse should be taller. like 7 foot tall. maybe they will make that happen in post, but he should look intimidatingly tall.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: August 04, 2015, 10:26:16 AM »
Ok now I have a problem because the (really long) Fantastic 4 trailer they showed during American Ninja Warrior last night looked really good. Now I have to see it...and the Deadpool trailer that accompanies.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: August 04, 2015, 12:06:45 PM »
Apocalypse looks pretty dumb thus far. I think they picked the wrong guy for the role...but maybe the released pics (only from 5 weeks of shooting, apparently) aren't his final form or something. He's not supposed to have a blue face. Also Magneto looks pretty dumb too...should have gone with his look from DoFP. They always do this crap where they put lines and straps and "sections" into costumes for no reason and it just looks dumb. I will say that Storm and Psylocke look pretty great though. It will be weird seeing how this next movie will be the further erasing of X-Men 1, 2, and 3. For someone who has never seen any of the movies they should actually watch them in the order that they were released (or just watch First Class before any of the others, then go in order)...or they could just never watch the first 3 movies since the events don't take place anymore. Anyway...Apocalypse looks dumb.

I guess this isn't part of the MCU since it's Fox...but meh.

here are the pics just incase anyone was wondering what they look like:
http://www.ew.com/gallery/first-look-x-men-apocalypse/2248598_ororo-munroestorm-alexandra-shipp-en-sabah-nurapocalypse-oscar-isaac-and-betsy-braddockpsylocke

and I think Apocalypse should be taller. like 7 foot tall. maybe they will make that happen in post, but he should look intimidatingly tall.

As long as he has his voice from the cartoon.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: August 06, 2015, 10:54:31 PM »
Ok now I have a problem because the (really long) Fantastic 4 trailer they showed during American Ninja Warrior last night looked really good. Now I have to see it...and the Deadpool trailer that accompanies.

I guessed you haven't read the reviews?

"Fantastic Four feels like a 100-minute trailer for a movie that never happens."

"Fantastic 4/10"

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: August 06, 2015, 11:03:39 PM »
Yeah, I have zero interest in ever seeing this movie now. 9/100 on Rotten Tomatoes.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: August 06, 2015, 11:05:37 PM »
I've convinced 4 people at work to not see it in the hopes the rights go back to Marvel/Disney due to a poor turnout.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: August 07, 2015, 12:45:10 AM »
Fox will keep the rights just to spite Marvel, unless Marvel offers them a sweetheart desk like they did Sony for Spider-Man....

Only problem is, F4 is ruined, it's only the villains/supporting cast that Marvel is interested in at this point.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3345 on: August 07, 2015, 02:21:40 AM »
Fantastic Four isn't ruined.  They just need to be handled carefully.  Treat them for a few years like Black Widow.  use them in another persons movie.  They would have been great in Civil War, to show more people with special abilities exist.  I still think Age of Ultron should have ended with Scarlet Witch mourning and wishing for " More Miracles "

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: August 07, 2015, 10:59:35 AM »
I'm supposed to be seeing this in an hour but im just really apprehensive. I know it's going to be a wasted 100 minutes at the least.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: August 07, 2015, 04:55:49 PM »
So....?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3348 on: August 07, 2015, 06:18:47 PM »
From Metacritic:

Quote from: Rolling Stone
The latest reboot of the Fantastic Four — the cinematic equivalent of malware — is worse than worthless.

Quote from: New York Post
A lousy script, unfocused direction, incoherent editing, shockingly terrible special effects — and, probably, panicked studio executives — have left its four talented stars muddling through a dull superhero origin story with zero payoff.

Quote from: New York Daily News
Someone forgot to put anything fantastic into Fantastic Four.

Quote from: USA Today
An unfortunate movie that does an embarrassing disservice to the decades-old property and is a frightful waste of all the talent involved.

Quote from: Washington Post
The special effects look cheap, the acting is wooden, and the shouted dialogue consists largely of throwaway action-movie cliches (“Let’s do this”) and B-movie sci-fi jargon (“His bioenergy is off the charts!”).

Quote from: Tampa Bay Times
Fantastic Four is so mediocre that its title seems like a violation of truth in advertising laws.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: August 08, 2015, 03:15:55 AM »
Oh man, that last review got me.

"Fantastic Four is so mediocre that its title seems like a violation of truth in advertising laws."

LOL