Author Topic: The Official "I WANT THIS CHARACTER IN THE GAME" Thread  (Read 15539 times)

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: The Official "I WANT THIS CHARACTER IN THE GAME" Thread
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2007, 07:54:56 PM »

Ridley should be a boss in Adventure Mode. I don't see how he'd work as a playable character. He can fly (the second stage of Meta-Ridley doesn't count). They might be able to cheat by changing his size, but taking away flight from his character is definitely pushing it way too far.

Multiple posters (including my self) pointed out in another thread that other characters who could fly don't in Melee. Kirby, Mewtwo, Gannondorf.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2007, 08:28:33 PM »
So with the latest update showing Charizard as one of the pokemon you can control by choosing the Pokemon Trainer character, does this change anyone elses opinions on Ridley being a possible character?

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2007, 08:44:46 PM »
I feel like doing a little character math...

OK here are the following character stats:

Returning characters:
Mario
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Peach
Bowser
Pikachu
Kirby
Samus
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Fox

TOTAL: 13

New characters:
Wario
Pit
Metaknight
Zero Suit Samus
Solid Snake
Ike
Pokemon Trainer

TOTAL: 7

Final tally: 20 characters announced so far

The question is; will the final tally grow to the rumored 40 or be around the 30s?  
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2007, 08:58:49 PM »
I think it can reach 40. It's not outside the realm of possibility. With Pokemon Trainer as a character, anything can happen.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2007, 09:17:22 PM »

Mashiro wrote:
Multiple posters (including my self) pointed out in another thread that other characters who could fly don't in Melee. Kirby, Mewtwo, Gannondorf.

Technically Samus should have unlimited jumps too. The point is that Ridley is almost always flying. Part of the challenge of facing Ridley is that he's always swooping around and stuff. I can buy the changes made to other characters since other things are more defining about them (i.e. Kirby's copy ability). I guess I just can't imagine a Ridley that doesn't fly being faithful to the character. Not that I'd mind being proven wrong, I just can't see it myself.

So with the latest update showing Charizard as one of the pokemon you can control by choosing the Pokemon Trainer character, does this change anyone elses opinions on Ridley being a possible character?

Not really. If Charizard can fly, as the Pokemon trainer, you're still faced with the fact that you can't use him the whole match and if you try to and he's off the stage, he might fall like a rock due to low "stamina."

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2007, 09:28:21 PM »
I've wanted Olimar to be in the game since it was announced; To me, Pikmin 2 was the best game on the GameCube. Sonic has to be in there, with Tails, Knuckles, and Robotnik as ATs, and if I were Nintendo I wouldn't have agreed to Mario & Sonic at the Olympics unless Sega went along with that.\

Also, Dr. Kawashima's disembodied head needs to be an AT; his power can be dumping math problems on the stage.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline anubis6789

• famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:The Official "I WANT THIS CHARACTER IN THE GAME" Thread
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2007, 09:41:37 PM »

Originally posted by: TVman
I think it can reach 40. It's not outside the realm of possibility. With Pokemon Trainer as a character, anything can happen.

How right you are.

I cannot even find myself arguing against a single first or second party character now, they all seem possible because of Pokemon Trainer, not that this is a bad thing.

I would really like Olimar, Ridley, Sami, Sonic if Possible, and Mike Anderson and/or the ST Falcon from Battleclash and Metal Combat (this no longer seems absurd).  
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2007, 02:58:34 AM »
It depends on if they are just throwing all characters in to make people happy, or only including characters they can come up with original ideas and move sets for.

On my tally I do not count Shiek and Zelda as seperate characters.  I believe my count is up to 18/19, I will recount mine...to make sure.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2007, 06:14:58 AM »
Unlikely, third-party, not going to happen, etc but:
Gunstar Red and Blue. Future or regular version, I don't care.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2007, 06:28:25 AM »
I'd rather original characters with unique movesets than characters thrown in to please fans, myself included.

I'm actually looking forward to trying this pokeman trainer...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2007, 10:41:26 AM »
With the unveiling of Pokemon Trainer I remembered two very unlikely, but possible, characters.

The first is the Mii! Here's how it could work. You know how in Wario Ware Smooth Moves you assigned a Mii on a save file along with a name, same way with the online portion of Mario Strikers? Well, in Brawl when you start a new save file the game asks you to select a Mii and put your name in. The unlock able Mii character is then based on the Mii you assigned on your save file. It could work...

The second character are the Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents! While I still see them being assist trophies (my bet is that they won't appear at all ) they could have all three members at the same time on screen, while you control the lead cheerleader. The other two could help out executing attacks and the Final Smash would consist of the three of them doing one massive attack!

Its all wishful thinking, but the Pokemon Trainer opens up opportunities for weird and unique characters like the two I mentioned.

EDIT: Oh I just thought of a Final Smash Attack for the EBA/Ouendan. When they pick up the Smash ball you hear lots of people clapping and chanting "EBA". As they do the EBA are filled with the energy of cheering, music and dancing. When they are completely charged they release a massive beam of energy, like the one that destroyed the aliens at the end of the final stage of EBA.

Right now it sounds exactly like Samus's Final Smash, but they could alter it so that its pure EBA.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2007, 11:23:26 AM »
"The first is the Mii!"

I'd rather they use the Animal Crossing main character and use your Mii head with it...It'd kill two birds with one stone...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2007, 03:01:41 PM »
Bill:  that could work Mii and Animal Crossing combined.

I personally want the Wire Frame characters to be Miis now instead.  I don't mind if that means that I can't play as a Mii...because being attacked by 100s of Miis would be the coolest thing ever.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2007, 03:01:43 PM »
Bill:  that could work Mii and Animal Crossing combined.

I personally want the Wire Frame characters to be Miis now instead.  I don't mind if that means that I can't play as a Mii...because being attacked by 100s of Miis would be the coolest thing ever.

Offline soracloudtidus

• snes owns and all of you know it
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2007, 08:01:37 PM »
Little Mac.
Ridley or that Damned Boost Guardian from hell that took me 1hr+ to kill him(and he's a mini boss oh joy!) from MP2. Metroid needs more Characters there...2 samus it's ok but come on, you can do better than that! Yes I'm hyping myself up for MP3 with MP2 I never played it, shame on me I know...good game BTW.
Sonic.
Mega Man.

Currently Playing: WoW, New Super Mario Bros,Legend of Zelda: Phanton Hourglass

Offline WalkingTheCow

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2007, 09:30:16 PM »
I've been thinking. . . The Animal Crossing player character has an alright move-set built in. My quick ideas include: shovel whack, The bug net might be similar or perhaps you briefly catch your opponent and fling them out, Grab with fishing pole (like Link's hookshot), stun with wardrobe change, might have something like a tree sprouting up in front of them, possibly throw letters for a weak ranged attack, or instead you could pull furniture and the like out or your pockets to throw. . . and let us not forget the Axe.

C'mon Animal Crossing player character!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2007, 01:31:20 AM »
I don't like an Animal Crossing character, but I will play your game and come up with moves.

1)Shovel Dig, like Donkey Kongs Smash into the ground, but you can leave the hole and people can accidentally fall in...it goes away after time.
2)Costume Change: Allows you to look like another character in battle.

Ok, I just can't do it...can't think of really great Animal Crossing specific moves.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2007, 04:07:32 AM »
What about an "I want this item" thead? Because I'd propose a Strikers Charged ball, each time someone gets hit by it its charge increases and the next hit does more damage but it bounces more wildly after the hit increasing the chance of it flying off the stage.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2007, 04:23:05 AM »
The animal crossing characters will either be Resetti or Crook's Niece and Nephew.  Moves:
B - Bee Shot
^B - Cast/Fishing Pole
<>B - Axe Swing
\/B - Dig/Shovel

That's all the tools in the game used effectively.  Not very creative, but it works for specials.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2007, 05:16:14 AM »
From M&L:Partners in Time.  The old and Young evil people combination.  You know the one where the young one rides on the back of the old one and the old one can use its cane and the young one uses a blaster.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2007, 01:53:42 PM »
My little brother was playing Super Metroid a few days ago and pointed out to me that there was a living Chozo in Super Metroid. But the Super Metroid kills it by the time you reach it, amazing huh? The Chozo race is still alive I know it!

Anyway, wouldn't it be awesome to be able to play as a Chozo? And not one of those evil statues or ghosts, but the real deal!

Sounds awesome to me, though I would expect it to fight like ZSS. They trained her after all correct? But maybe not, maybe her style became all her own after the years of being alone fighting pirates on Zebes and so on.  
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2007, 02:15:22 PM »
That's actually a Torizo Caterkiller.

It's not a real Chozo

Offline shatterglass

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2007, 09:05:55 AM »
Agent Chieftain here.

Oh yeah.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2007, 11:32:13 AM »
Did we talk about Stanley? 'Cause Stanley would be awesome.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2007, 01:24:51 PM »

Originally posted by: shatterglass
Agent Chieftain here.

Oh yeah.

Chieftain would rock hard, but I see J being the main agent in Brawl, if they decide to include them of course.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer