Author Topic: Gunpey  (Read 2872 times)

Offline AwesomeMan

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Gunpey
« on: April 10, 2007, 02:33:27 PM »
I bought this game a coupe days ago, cause i needed a pizzle game cause all mine were destroyed a couple years ago when a tree landed on my room not really knowing much about it, yet fell in love with it.

Gunpey is a puzzle gamewhere instead of blocks, the player must make continuous lines from one side of the playing area to the other(5 wide 10 tall). splitting into more lines if made to. You can only switch tiles vertically, with the stulus or buttons and dpad. There are a few playmodes Frontier mode which is basically story(vs cpu), bringing me to a NWR review quote,

Unfortunately, the story mode from the original is gone, so unique enemy attacks are no longer part of the game.

There are character specific attacks for instance Vincent's Rising Sun which moves all enemy tiles up 3 spaces. along with normal attacks(line shape changing, no touch).

Time attack which you try to get a high score in 30, 60, or 90 seconds. Endless mode which as you can infer from the name is non-ending with a climbing diffuculty, but you can pick to play 2 games at once. stage attack which you pick a stage and either survive long enough or get a certain amount of tiles cleared(noy sure).

And finally 2p Vs mode which brings me to a second quote

Multiplayer is also included and requires only a single card for play.

no you need both DS' to have a card, but there is thesingle player download play.

The art is nice and colorful, and the tiles are easy to see for the most part, one board i found hard to see but thats all.

The game is very simple to play, but very satisfying when you make 25+ tile combos. I would say it is a must buy for puzzle fans, personally i think it is MUCH better than tetris, and possibly better than Wario's Woods and Dr. Mario, but that I'm not sure about(havent played multi in Gunpey yet).    

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
RE: Gunpey
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 05:38:30 AM »
So the tree fell in love with your room.  Thats an odd love story.

What about Meteos?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline AwesomeMan

• View Profile
RE: Gunpey
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 12:01:10 PM »
yes a tree fell in love with my room, then tried to have sex with it. bad tree, bad bad tree.

the store had meteos but from videos it doesn't look as fun, the only thing is seems to have over Gunpey is single card multi.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:Gunpey
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 11:09:56 AM »
I give this a review a 3.5
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/