Author Topic: Should I do this?  (Read 4720 times)

Offline soracloudtidus

• snes owns and all of you know it
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Should I do this?
« on: April 20, 2006, 08:13:22 AM »
Recently my psp is getting so much dust is not even funny. I am planning on trade it in with a few games that I have and buy me an used Nintendo DS. The question is: should I do this? What games should I get? I was planning on getting Mario Kart since I've played it and it was so awesome, also brain age comes to my attention too and of course M&L partners in crime since I've played the original and loved it to death! So what games on the DS are a must have right now ?
Currently Playing: WoW, New Super Mario Bros,Legend of Zelda: Phanton Hourglass

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Should I do this?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 08:29:26 AM »
Definitely get Mario and Luigi if you liked the first one.
Mario Kart, I hear, is fun.
I highly recommend Meteos, it's my favorite puzzle game.  You may want to try it out first, though.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 08:43:06 AM »
Best idea I've ever heard.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 08:47:37 AM »
Also save your money for New Super Mario Brothers...It comes out next month!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline soracloudtidus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 08:57:46 AM »
I might do it...althought I'm still waiting for E3 to come. I'm very dissapointed in it. I thought at first that it was great and all but the reason I buy console or handheld games is because of the GAMES. Now I don't want to look like I'm bashing it as I don't want this topic locked that is not my intention, I just think that both the DS and the PSP have their pros and cons and the DS right now has a lot of things that I look on for when I buy games. Also I 've missed my favorite Nintendo franchises so the nostalgia is kicking in a lot in my mind and seeing great innovative games like brain age and nintendogs makes me want to run to my local store and trade my psp in a flash!!

As a side note I've missed this site a lot, since there's a little game called World of Warcraft that has kept me away from console/handheld videogames for a while.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 09:00:34 AM »
I would suggest trading it in for store credit and wait for the DS Lite to come out.  If you are going to get a DS wait until that beautiful thing is available.  I would also try as many games out that you can while you wait.

Mario Kart DS you can't go wrong with.
Metroid Hunters is great if you like multiplayer wifi death match and you have access to it easily.
Mario and Luigi Partners in Time is a very funny and enjoyable RPG

Really (except for Sports) you can find a great game on the DS that fits any gaming taste...even the odd ones.

Strategy
RPG
Racing
FPS
Platformer
Adventure

It is all available for you.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 09:04:10 AM »
You forgot the Dating Sim genre Spakster!

But yeah, sorry to make you wait, but hold out for the DS Lite...

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com  
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Chris1

• View Profile
RE:Should I do this?
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 09:09:31 AM »

Originally posted by: soracloudtidusand of course M&L partners in crime since I've played the original and loved it to death!

Hmm I must have missed this one, sounds intresting, can you cap toads?

Offline hudsonhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 09:24:47 AM »
Trade ins are rarely a good deal for the person doing the trading - the store always ends up on the good side of that equation.  Either sell it on eBay (you'll get $150 or so) or hold on to it - there's actually some good games for the PSP now, so if you can afford to it's probably in your best interest to have both.

If you trade it in, you'll probably only get $75-100 in credit for it... that means you'd be eating $150-175.  That's a pretty costly decision.

Definitely get a DS though - it's fantastic, and has tons of great games.  And the games are cheap to boot; it's pretty easy to come up with $30 to drop on a game.  

But I don't think you came to Planet Gamecube for an objective opinion on what to do with your PSP - that would be like going to a Yankees fan site and asking what you should do with this Red Sox shirt of yours.  I think you know what kind of answer you'll get.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 09:44:50 AM »
LOL. So true. I was wondering how in the world you can get banned from a Nintendo site for bashing the PSP. &P

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline RiskyChris

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 10:01:46 AM »
Please get MKDS.  It's one of the favorite games of the millenium.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2006, 11:09:55 AM »
Personally I found MKDS to be a waste of money but then again I never liked Mario Kart much. But hell, Castlevania is worth it.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2006, 11:32:39 AM »

I just think that both the DS and the PSP have their pros and cons

DS
Pros - Everything
Cons - Eats up a lot of my precious time

PSP
Pros - Nice Paperweight
Cons - Expensive Paperweight
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2006, 12:25:51 PM »
i almost fell into the psp trap cuz its such a good looking piece of hardware, fortunately for me i spent all of my money on ds games before i could buy then a couple of my friends got it, and i'm glad i spent my money wisely.  
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 01:16:54 PM »
On top of what everyone else said, get Sonic Rush if you like Sonic - it's amazing. Also, Kirby Canvas Curse uses the touchscreen brilliantly. Trace Memory if you like adventure games. Advance Wars too..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 04:55:08 PM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
Personally I found MKDS to be a waste of money but then again I never liked Mario Kart much. But hell, Castlevania is worth it.

You mean they weren't talking about Mortal Kombat DS?

Anyways, there is also Phoenix Wright(lawyer drama adventure game) if you can find it and Trauma Center: Under the Knife(surgery adventure game).  Both are great games.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 04:00:27 AM »
Yeah, Sonic Rush is great, except for Sky Chase Zone it's probably the best Sonic I've played. The Final Zone is just awesome (good reason to play through Sky Chase).

Currently I'm playing Bleach DS pretty often, Treasure made a great little game there. It's probably the only fighting game that takes advantage of each player having his own screen so you can e.g. be invisible to others without confusing yourself.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2006, 04:41:44 AM »
I will third Sonic Rush, best Sonic game on DS by far. My favourite DS game too along with Mario Kart and Yoshi.

Offline soracloudtidus

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 06:10:30 AM »
Well I called my local gamestop and they offered me $110 for my PSP!! And 20 bucks for GTA:LCS! Talk about a ripoff. I made a deal with a friend so I will sell it to him for $150. I'm dead broke but I think I will save the money for the new slick DS model and by the time it comes some games that you guys mention might be cheaper so I will be able to play em all . I can't wait for E3 to check out all the new Nintendo games, May it's so close I can smell it.