Author Topic: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (Quantum-Ant-Man-ia)  (Read 236965 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Re: SPOILER ALERT: MCU Thread (MCU on the TV-View: WandaVision)
« Reply #325 on: February 05, 2021, 04:09:37 AM »
Man, I shouldn't have looked into who the actors were...the cameo isn't a surprise at all...but the actors definitely are.  And it is a pretty crazy ride.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 05, 2021, 06:04:57 AM »
I love how she didn't recognize him AT ALL. LOL
She was just as confused as the rest of us.

Darcy "She recast Pietro!!!?" LMAO

that would've been such a huge shock had it not already been spoiled through casting speculation I had read weeks ago, but I still wasn't quite sure who it was till they showed his face.

I wonder if Peters sticks around or Taylor at some point makes a reappearance as Pietro before it's all over.

and as for the set for the 80's, that was Family Ties, right?
(edit: yes it was Family Ties - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip1szfz9nZ8
and Growing Pains too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te2iIdrm_tk)

Oh, and the Lagos commercial. Can someone remind me of what Lagos was?
(edit: on rewatch, Lagos was the opening to Civil War, bomb from Crossbones Wanda tried to get rid of and blew up that building causing an international incident. They went over it in the Wanda briefing along with Wanda vs Thanos Power scale discussion.)

and Wanda stating that "you think I'm in control of all of this..." "I don't even know how all this started"

and then going back to the Loki trailer.... hmmmm Maybe someone set the environment, and Wanda is just in charge of maintaining it?  In other words, Westview is a playground made for Wanda, but Wanda didn't make the playground.

but anyway, something larger is definitely at play here.
remember it was said "The Devil's in the details." and "that's not the only place he is...."

"Who's the Popscicle!?"
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 07:12:29 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #327 on: February 05, 2021, 10:18:56 AM »
It seems like the story beats Agnes is trying to trick Wanda into doing something, especially because Wanda's control seems to be unraveling and they need her to do something before it happens.

My guess is they want her to bring someone back to life...who I don't know.  And why I don't know.  But there are a bunch of great puzzle pieces in this episode. 

Wanda can freely enter and leave her illusion and she knows it isn't real.
Sword had been experimenting on Vision trying to understand the tech.
Agnes is somewhat free of Wanda's mind control and also seems to be manipulating Wanda.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 05, 2021, 11:45:30 AM »
The kids are also not under Wanda's control either.

And I think Agnes is the antogonist to Wanda steering her to make the "illusion" stay immersive and on track towards something.
And I also think they want to trick Wanda into resurrecting someone/thing, as something much larger is at play.

It seems like Wanda made some sort of deal (w/ the Devil?) to get where she's at now, but may not be quite aware of the nature of the repayment needed for services rendered.

The next 4 episodes are likely to be pretty crazy.
Ep6 is the 90's episode, so we should be getting some Full House/Family Matters vibe and it's also the Halloween episode.

Maybe there will some "kids" in the neighborhood finally, now that Vision called it out.
I mean this is all "For the Children" afterall.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #329 on: February 05, 2021, 06:23:51 PM »
The kids are also not under Wanda's control either.

And I think Agnes is the antogonist to Wanda steering her to make the "illusion" stay immersive and on track towards something.
And I also think they want to trick Wanda into resurrecting someone/thing, as something much larger is at play.

It seems like Wanda made some sort of deal (w/ the Devil?) to get where she's at now, but may not be quite aware of the nature of the repayment needed for services rendered.

The next 4 episodes are likely to be pretty crazy.
Ep6 is the 90's episode, so we should be getting some Full House/Family Matters vibe and it's also the Halloween episode.

Maybe there will some "kids" in the neighborhood finally, now that Vision called it out.
I mean this is all "For the Children" afterall.

I think you are going to get some Married with Children or Rosanne vibes from the 90s episode because things are falling apart.  Show some family fights and such.  Sure overall may be Full House but I think it is going to sidelined with some domestic fighting....which is definitely Rosanne.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #330 on: February 05, 2021, 09:19:24 PM »
Ooooh, Roseanne, with Agnes coming in like Jackie
general choas around the house.
I like the sound of that.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 05, 2021, 09:40:19 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I am so angry and disappointed with the reveal at the end of the latest episode. Since this is a spoiler thread I'm just dropping it out there.

WHY THE HELL DID THEY HAVE TO BRING EVAN PETERS INSTEAD OF THE PROPER AARON TAYLOR JOHNSON????????

I mean, it's intriguing as hell and the implication are huge. I just didn't think his Quicksilver was interesting at all and much preferred Johnson's iteration. Talk about an emotional roller coaster. I was bouncing on my couch of excitement before his face was revealed. Then everything just crashed.
The cameo is too meta to be a real recast so I don’t think Marvel is replacing Aaron Taylor Johnson. Now, I expect him to show up. Contextually, Wanda is losing control of Westview and has been for a couple episodes now. Evan Peters showing up as Quicksilver is a really clever way of showing that loss of control advancing. He’s Pietro-but-not-Pietro. It’s a nice Easter Egg for anyone who’s familiar with the X-Men universe, but the audience doesn’t really need to know Evan Peters was Quicksilver in those movies. The important bit is there’s something off about this Pietro. Vision has no idea who he is; Wanda seemed confused at first then just accepts that her brother is a completely different person.

Marvel could have cast anyone to get that point across, but I’m glad it went this direction. I loved the cameo.

I spoiled myself by looking up the cast list. I saw Kat Dennings and John Krasinski returning. I remember seeing Evan Peters on there and thinking nothing of it because he didn’t have a role next to his name. This wouldn’t be the first time an actor crossed over. Peter Dinklage was Bolivar Trask in Days of Future Past and Eitri in Infinity War.

Anyway...

I’ve been thinking about the Infinity Stones recently. In Endgame, could the Avengers have used the other timelines’ Infinity Stones to bring back their own? Not that they’d want to, but could they have done so? Also, Thanos “destroyed” the stones (“reduced to atoms”), but they still technically exist in the one timeline the Avenger’s beat him. I wonder if Wanda is so powerful she can put the Mind Stone back together to bring back Vision. I kind of like the perma-death there.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #332 on: February 05, 2021, 11:58:57 PM »
Wondering if we’re gonna get a Modern Family/Big Bang Theory parody at some point.

I loved the shock at the end. Wanda is supposed to feature heavily in Multiverse of Madness, and this is the first time we’re getting a multiverse tie *and* a FOX X-Men tie in. Very exciting stuff.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 06, 2021, 01:02:38 AM »
I thankfully was shielded from the spoiler other than "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I am so angry and disappointed with the reveal at the end of the latest episode. Since this is a spoiler thread I'm just dropping it out there."

I forgot it was MCU day and opened the thread and saw that and closed everything.

So I new there was a big reveal. The episode was obviously leading you to think Pietro and...whelp, it was A Pietro.

I never saw the X-Men films he was in but had enough recollection of promos for that film to figure it was him. This might lead us right into the Multiverse of Madness. They did say it was nearly confirmed that we would get a scene in that film where the FoX-Men would cameo.

I'm wondering how different Vision is and how much of his personality was preserved/brought back. Wanda mentions how he is behaving in ways he never had in the past and I don't think that is all her gaslighting him or him having a nervous breakdown of sorts from the fake reality. Shuri was pretty close to disconnecting the stone from Vision in Infinity War so I suspect a lot if still there, but he may experience memory loss or personality changes in the process.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 06, 2021, 01:08:21 AM »
Evan Peters was a better quicksilver than ATJ

Love this scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9GFyZ5LREQ

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWSlUpEvijI
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 01:22:43 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 06, 2021, 03:05:27 AM »
Evan Peters was a better quicksilver than ATJ

Each to their own of course.

I just thought they made made the character nothing but a joke in X-Men. Don't get me wrong, I found them amusing - but that's all it was. Just someone they whipped out at an appropriate moment for a funny scene then he never did anything else with him.

Johnson's rendition was more of a real character than Peters', despite being in several more movies.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #336 on: February 06, 2021, 08:06:29 AM »
You know, I have been thinking about his episode and I think they are trying to teach us about Wanda's powers as we go on.  Each episode has revealed something about what is happening and what she is doing.

1) We learn she has somehow created a virtual world that acts like a TV series.
2) We learn she can change events that happen in the episode.
3) We learn she can kick people out of the episode and that some people are aware they are trapped in this world.
4) Outside World breather where we verify it is Wanda's abilities
5) We learn that her telepathy kinda covers the real people's personality but it still lets some of it leak out. (That is my way of describing it.  We learn she can leave this world whenever she wants too.

In the 5th episode we have a lot of talk about death and she reveals she can't just bring someone back to life.  Agnes seems surprised and tries to push her to do this, but she insists she can't.  My theory is she isn't fully in control of her powers, that her powers are leaking out of her emotions, which makes her more dangerous.  I think she was missing her brother so much that when she couldn't bring him back to life because that isn't a power she contains...she pulled another Piettro out of another reality.  This is interesting because her powers could potentially open holes in the multiverse...and perhaps this is where Doctor Strange is heading...

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #337 on: February 06, 2021, 07:35:04 PM »
Agnes is by far the most suspicious character now.  The encouragement of resurrecting the dog, the "Do you wanna take it from the top?", and Wanda using her powers right in front of her.  The show keeps pointing to her as something.  Perhaps the "she" that Norm was referring to wasn't Wanda?

Speaking of that scene, remember how in Infinity War, when ever Thanos used a stone, that stone's color showed up to represent the power of the stone?  Well, Vision used his powers on Norm in that scene with his fingers turning yellow, the color of the mind stone.  But the stone is gone, and we've seen Vision without it.  So, what gives?  Also, he did all that without Wanda knowing, so Wanda isn't puppetting him, so how is he functioning with his powers, but without the stone?

Anyway, I'm interested to see if Vision tries to reach the outside world since he seems to know something's up with the town and a message got in via email.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 06, 2021, 10:15:06 PM »
Agnes always wears a grim reaper pendent with two twin figures on it.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 10:22:27 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 06, 2021, 10:28:50 PM »
>Perhaps the "she" that Norm was referring to wasn't Wanda?

I feel like this is a given.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 08, 2021, 11:55:09 AM »
But I believe Monica stated it was Wanda in her head.
and Vision directly called her out on it.

Also i just had a thought regarding the attempt to get Wanda to resurrect the dog.
Once Wanda stated she couldn't do that, they buried the dog in the back yard.
I believe the flow of emotion that may have led to the kids crying and Wanda eventually attempting to resurrect the dog, was interrupted by an assassination attempt from the outside.

Since Wanda had to break from the show for the first time, the "Producer(s)" had to figure out how to not only get Wanda to get back in the show, but also push that feeling to need to bring back the dead. So to kill two birds w/ 1 stone, they bring in the "Long lost brother" who's not really her brother as she remembers hom, but she has to pretend as much, just so that Vision won't be freaked out.
Eventually this will make her miss her actual brother even more, and she will forcefully attempt to turn this "fake" Pietro back into the real Pietro, therefore completing whatever task they were trying to force out of her (resurrecting the dead.... for whatever means to an end they are up to).

(edit: just replayed the episode and the assassination attempt came before they found out the dog was dead, but my point still stands on the cameo being another attempt to get her to do the deed of necromancy)
also on a the rewatch, Wanda looked at Pietro like it was one of those dreams where nothing is familiar, yet you know how familiar it is at the exact same time. Where a location may not look familiar, but you somehow in your dream recognize it as "home", and how someone may not look like anyone you know, but you recognize them to be a specific person you know. Once he called himself out as "brother", she instantly knew this stranger she was looking at had to be her brother.
I'm theorizing she tries to bring her actual brother back as she tries to regain control over this "reality" that was created for her.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 12:17:05 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #341 on: February 08, 2021, 01:31:20 PM »
I think whoever saw Wanda slipping noticed her sadness around her brother.  Since that person/entity couldn't bring her actual brother, they slipped through the multiverse to pull in another Pietro.

But I believe Monica stated it was Wanda in her head.
and Vision directly called her out on it.

Monica says, "It's all Wanda" and the rest of Wanda's actions seemed designed to lead the audience to think that she's in control.  She ejects Monica, repairs the walls, rewinds scenes, etc to suggest that she can manipulate this sandbox she's in.  Though the most recent episode pulls back on that quite a bit by having her explicitly state that she's not in control of every single person; although, she could've just been lying to Vision who was on to her at that point.

Anyway, my working theory now is that Agnes might be trying to resurrect the Infinity Stones.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 08, 2021, 02:18:21 PM »
I'm mostly wondering if this Pietro will explicitly be the DoFP one or just a "generic Pietro from another universe".  Marvel picked that actor for a reason, but is it a part of the misdirect, a wink and a nod fanservice, or will this explicitly the first tie in with the FoX-Men?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #343 on: February 09, 2021, 01:50:59 AM »
Anyway, my working theory now is that Agnes might be trying to resurrect the Infinity Stones. Or at least one Stone...that is interesting, because Vision's Brain was the Mind Stone.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 09, 2021, 02:30:01 AM »
Anyway, my working theory now is that Agnes might be trying to resurrect the Infinity Stones. Or at least one Stone...that is interesting, because Vision's Brain was the Mind Stone.

So the idea is truly resurrecting Vision (as opposed to reanimating him like he currently is) and restoring the mind stone as well for her to take? We already know that the stones aren't gone-gone since they could go to another timeline and take borrow those ones. Having the occasional threat of their return would be a way to bring back some major threats of the past. Though I could imagine it getting old if it becomes a too-often recurring plot.

I thought the stones could reform themselves since they are products of the natural universe? The atoms would just reassemble overtime somewhere randomly? Maybe Wanda is actually reassembling the stone(s) and not realizing it by altering matter of the universe?
My Game Collection

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #345 on: February 09, 2021, 11:00:44 AM »
*Personally I hope we never get another Infinity Stones storyline.  But I like the idea of Vision being resurrected as a living Infinity Stone.  But I also don't want Vision to be resurrected because Marvel hasn't had a meaningful death until End Game.  And No Carson wasn't a meaningful death.  And no I don't believe Agents of Shield and his resurrection is Canon. 

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 10, 2021, 01:22:23 AM »
Killmonger?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 10, 2021, 02:05:02 AM »
I'm assuming he meant hero death by that statement.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 12, 2021, 04:51:13 AM »
They are literally asking all the questions we are in the actual show.
Pietro directly looking for answers and giving some at the same time. (he IS NOT FoX-Men Pietro, he just looks like him - and I would love to know why they didn't get ATJ to reprise, or maybe she fixes his look after dealing with her trauma issues? but the "Kick-Ass" reference was a nice touch. lol)

Wanda is controlling the environment, yet she is NOT in control of Pietro or how he got there...
He stated that he heard her call to him, he's aware he is dead, but he came to her anyway. He thinks it's her doing that he doesn't look the same. He's totally aware of EVERYTHING going on.

Darcy is now in Westview, but so is the majority of SWORD that was on site (SWORD soldiers became Clowns at a circus :rofl;)

I'm pretty sure w/o looking anything up, the intro was Malcom in the Middle? house was Roseanne inspired, but kids talking to the camera was MitM as well?

and it seems like another potentially important character may be introduced next ep? The Aerospace Engineer that is gonna help Monica get back into Westview. Who could it be? lots of speculation out there, but I don't believe it leaks... assuming it's even someone important (aka a known character/hero).

but I also gotta LOL at the "Are you Old Red Riding Hood!?" comment.
"No, I'm a Sokovian Fortune Teller" to explain the classic Wanda Look.

and Vision thinking his costume is a Luchador LMAO

and if we getting 6 hours of show (including the credits?), at worst, we still got almost 2.5hrs left in the next 3 episodes (48.5m each ep). w/o the credits... we must be getting 3 feature length "TV Movies" in the next 3 episodes (roughly 3.6hrs over 3 eps or 3x 1hr 12m eps).

I'm leaning into thinking that "6hrs" is including all the credits, or there are more than 9 episodes.

edit: the movie theater behind Wanda has The Incredibles (2004) and The Parent Trap (1998?) as playing.
Was there another Parent Trap remake in the 2000's I'm not thinking of?
edit2: based on the shows referenced in the beginning, I was confused on if this was a 90's or 00's episode... I guess I'll have to settle for a "why not both" answer?

« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 04:50:21 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 12, 2021, 06:51:56 AM »
I think there was also some light Gilmore Girls influence too - the park where the party was happening with the maze. Have the gazebo there right in the middle.