Author Topic: Dragon Quest XI Reconfirmed For NX  (Read 961 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Dragon Quest XI Reconfirmed For NX
« on: August 21, 2016, 06:37:00 AM »

An all-star roundtable reconfirms the major Japanese hit.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/43230/dragon-quest-xi-reconfirmed-for-nx

Yuji Horii has reconfirmed Dragon Quest XI will see an NX release, and probably very soon into the system's life.

In a roundtable interview with Masahiro Sakurai (Smash Bros) and Junichi Masuda (Pokémon) in the October issue of Japan's Nintendo Dream magazine (translation courtesy Gematsu), Horii states that the NX version is in development and will be different than the Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation 4 versions. Additionally, the plan is to release the games simultaneously in Japan so as to prevent story spoilers.

Dragon Quest XI was first announced last July for 3DS, PS4 and NX, along with a NX version of Dragon Quest X that was also reconfirmed recently. The NX is slated to release by the end of March 2017 according to Nintendo's financial statements, while Dragon Quest XI is intended to release in Japan within a year of Dragon Quest's 30th anniversary - setting it to release before May 27 of next year.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline supergtt

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Quest XI Reconfirmed For NX
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 01:56:40 PM »
"and will be different than the Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation 4 version" red flags raised.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 02:04:41 PM »
Yeah, that is a weird statement. Maybe it wasn't supposed to mean what we think it means?

I wonder if this will release in NA, and if so, how long it might take...

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 04:29:21 PM »
We'll likely get the 3DS and/or the PS4 versions.  For the NX, it probably depends on how different it is compared to the others and what extra cost that would be to translate over.  But if they bring at least one, I'd think they'd just bring them all.  Even if they had no confidence in retail sales on all of them, two of them could be released digitally only.