Author Topic: Armikrog Confirmed for Wii U After Successful Kickstarter Campaign  (Read 2014 times)

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile

The "claymation" adventure title passes its Wii U stretch goal.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34793

Armikrog, the stop-motion point-and-click adventure game from Earthworm Jim creator Douglas TenNapel, will be released on the Wii U eShop, following the climax of its month-long Kickstarter campaign.

The crowd-funding campaign raised $974,578 in donations, passing the $950,000 Wii U stretch goal set by the game's California-based developer Pencil Test Studios.

Created with a "claymation" graphical design reminiscent of TenNapel's previous game, The Neverhood, Armikrog follows the story of alien explorer Tommynaut and his blind dog sidekick BeakBeak as they become trapped in a fortress on a mysterious planet. 

Pencil Test has outlined plans for several Wii U GamePad-specific features, such as drawing on the touch screen to solve puzzles, as well as holding up the controller to scan the environment on the TV screen for hidden clues and characters.

Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline supergtt

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
Re: Armikrog Confirmed for Wii U After Successful Kickstarter Campaign
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 06:30:19 PM »
Not going to support hate.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 07:26:29 PM »
Not going to support hate.

Instead, you'd rather support the notion that 3rd party games can't sell on Nintendo platforms.  ::)   I understand where you're coming from, but at some point you just have to accept that there are games made by unlikeable people.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline zenspath

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Zenspath.com
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 07:56:13 PM »
Will be looking forward to this coming out :)

And as for the whole "hate" issue, it is one person out of a company.  If that is how you feel about it, I can tell you now to stop watching all movies, tv shows, eating at restaurants, or basically leaving the house because there will always be people that feel differently than you on issues out of a group that works on projects and if you want to burn them all because of one person, your going to just have a crappy time all around. 
Jeremy Powers
Host of the Zenspath.com Gaming Podcast

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 11:44:12 PM »
I thought this looked cool, and it's actually one of the few kickstarter projects I've ever actually backed.  I'm glad to hear that it will make it to the Wii U.   
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 01:02:57 AM »
Definitely looking forward to this game. All hail the indies. Yup.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!