Author Topic: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut is No Longer a Wii U Exclusive  (Read 1726 times)

Offline bluelander

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • My blog!

The Director's Cut is coming to the 360, PS3, PC, and Mac.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34572

Square Enix has confirmed that Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut is no longer exclusive to the Wii U, and will be releasing on 360, PS3, PC and Mac.

This is frustrating news for Wii U owners who were told that this version of the game would have features only capable on the Wii U. This begs the question: was that simply not true or are the Wii U specific features being ported to the other systems somehow?

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
lol
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Not surprised in the least, it explains the delay.

I just want to know the release date.

Offline Robknoxious1

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
They are waiting so long that I'm losing interest. Don't really care if it's exclusive at this point. The original game is two years old almost.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
This doesn't surprise me in the least. 

With that being said, I can't see why anyone would pay more than $30 for this, especially with how many times this has shown up on a Steam sale, and PS+ subscribers now get it for "free".

Offline supergtt

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
the sales numbers are in. everyone who isn't nintendo and ubisoft have abandoned ship.

I just hope I can get this as dlc for the 2 year old game on PC

Offline ResettisCousin

• Score: 2
    • View Profile

Dang. So that year to 18 months leading up to the Wii U launch, where we assumed it would be a
heaven for "definitive" director's cuts, goty releases, and the strongest day 1 of multi plat releases, was all for not. Ultimately the Wii U will end up having... what, maybe two games that fit this (NFSMW for sure, Tekken TT2 maybe, SR:T maybe)? Preorder canceled, and yes I know what an insane fanboy that makes me sound like.

But honestly, when the Tomb Raider people said there was no Wii U version because they couldn't think up a unique gamepad use (... MAP? ... MAP!?!?), the case was pretty much closed for every third party that Nintendo wasn't directly moneyhatting.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 06:53:19 PM by ResettisCousin »

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Well, this is understandable. Square-Enix didn't want to sell a whopping 10,000 copies of the game, and that's about all they'd get on the sinking Wii U.  At this point, Wii U-only owners should be grateful they even get games with how Nintendo has handled the thing. Wii U owners don't deserve it, but this is the hand Nintendo dealt.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
Good lord, just release the damn game already.