Author Topic: New Content on the Way for Rayman Legends  (Read 3341 times)

Offline SurfingPikachu

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
New Content on the Way for Rayman Legends
« on: April 10, 2013, 07:31:55 PM »

Michel Ancel talks about the bright side of the game's delay.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/33817

Thanks to a pushed back release date, Rayman Legends will have an extra 30 levels plus new boss battles when it finally releases this year. Rayman's creator, Michel Ancel, talked to Official Nintendo Magazine about the delay and the fans’ backlash.

“No, I wasn't shocked, but it was really hard for us. Of course, there are more important issues and problems in the world but we worked really hard to make something and were so involved, it was difficult for us and the fans,” Ancel said.

Although the game was originally slated for a February 2013 release, Ubisoft made the decision to delay the game until September so it could be released on the Xbox 360 and PS3 at the same time as the Wii U. Fans anger over the delay was not subtle, and some members of Ubisoft's staff, including Ancel, met with protesting fans outside Ubisoft’s Monpellier office after the announcement.

However, he and Senior Game Manager Michael Micholic made sure to use the extra time to put more into the game. "Trust me, the things we are adding aren't minor. We're not talking about adding some polish here and there, but 30 new levels and several new bosses," said Micholic.

You can find the full interview in the latest issue of Official Nintendo Magazine.

Kimberly Keller - Staff Writer

Offline supergtt

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
Re: New Content on the Way for Rayman Legends
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 08:08:32 PM »
you know what would be a better appology?

Beyond good and evil 2.

I'm just sayin

Offline Leo13

• Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 10:26:20 AM »
This is awesome!!! I'm still going to pay $60 for the game, but now I'm going to get more entertainment out of my money!!! This is a really great and very fun game (judgement based on Rayman Origins plus the 3 demo levels plus the various videos and descriptions I've watched/read).

Can't wait until September!!!

One other thing, I just looked at the article you referenced, it says that you can only read the full interview if you buy the magazine. Is Nintendo World report planning on getting it? I'd like to know if there's any other good info in there.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 10:30:26 AM by Leo13 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 10:43:23 PM »
So, to apologize to us for delaying the game for 7 months, they promised to keep working on it? That's cool, I guess.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Online broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 10:52:51 PM »
So because the game got delayed, we're getting an arguably better game that might have previously been left to DLC (if we even got this new content at all). Yeah, I'll take that.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 10:58:45 PM »
So because the game got delayed, we're getting an arguably better game that might have previously been left to DLC (if we even got this new content at all). Yeah, I'll take that.
No, PS3 and 360 users are getting better game.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks