Author Topic: Nintendo Details Japanese Wii U Accessories and Peripherals  (Read 2795 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Nintendo Details Japanese Wii U Accessories and Peripherals
« on: September 13, 2012, 04:04:36 AM »

Everything from Wii Remote controllers to stands can be purchased alongside the Wii U.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/31669

Nintendo showcased some of the accessories gamers can get for their brand new Japanese Wii U when it releases in Japan on December 8.

One accessory already confirmed for the system is the Wii U Pro Controller. A traditional controller, the Wii U Pro Controller comes in black and white, and has been priced at 5,040 yen ($65).

The Wii U will also extensively use the Wii Remote Plus controller. Five different colors were displayed: black, white, red, blue and pink. They have retained the original price at 3,800 yen each. Nunchucks were also shown off during the event. Unlike the Wii Remote controller, only three colors were shown: white, black and red. They will also still remain at the price point of 1,800 yen each.

Wii U exclusive accessories include a Wii U GamePad charger and stand that will retail for 1,890 yen when it is released. A regular GamePad play stand will also be sold for 315 yen.  The Wii U GamePad itself will come in two colors, black and white, and will be sold for 13,440 yen ($172).

While the accessories were showcased for the Japanese launch of the Wii U, it is believed that these accessories will also be available in North America and Europe.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Details Japanese Wii U Accessories and Peripherals
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 05:43:12 AM »
Please do not be alarmed at the dollar conversions, this is due to the high yen of course  :D

I'd expect:
$129 for the GamePad (+adaptor)
$50 for the Wii U Pro

Hehe, and maybe $3 for the GamePad stand?  :P:
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline supergtt

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 05:56:00 AM »
50$ for the pro is asking a lot for a controller with no rumble.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 07:39:16 AM »
Yikes. Those prices are a little high, even when taking dollar conversion into account. I can't see Nintendo of America knocking $72 off the price of the GamePad, which is the most it should sell for considering what's in it. They want to make a profit and I get that, but back away not today, disco lady.

The Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuck retaining their price is especially a bummer. The Pro controller is probably being sold for parity with PS3/360 even if it's missing analog triggers (and rumble too?).

Offline geo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 08:49:59 AM »
50$ for the pro is asking a lot for a controller with no rumble.

Those were the weird Wired e3 versions.  I do not believe we have any confirmation that the retail release ones dont have rumble.

Also, is that an orange wii remote?  My girlfriend LOVES orange.  WANT.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 08:54:11 AM »
LOL, I will never buy a second Wii U GamePad for my GF at that price.

BTW, it's Nunchuk (not Nunchuck). LOL
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 09:08:38 AM »
BTW, it's Nunchuk (not Nunchuck). LOL
You can blame auto-correct for that though I still prefer Nunchuck. Nintendo should stop fostering illiteracy for people who can't read so good... well... read so well.