Author Topic: Club Nintendo Offering Bonus for New Super Mario Bros. 2 Download in North America  (Read 4562 times)

Offline Norex

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • NintendoWorldReport

Get 50 extra Club Nintendo coins when you download New Super Mario Bros. 2 off of the eShop.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/31123

Club Nintendo members in North America will receive double the coins when they opt for the digital download version of New Super Mario Bros. 2 on the 3DS eShop when it releases on August 19.

The deal is similar to the Japanese bonus for buying the New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Oni Training on the eShop, but North America isn't getting Donkey Kong: Original Edition as a Virtual Console bonus.

The deal is a limited time offer and only available for Club Nintendo members up until September 20. Members who choose to purchase the physical version will still receive 50 coins.

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
Pass, I'll take my physical copy thank you very much!!!
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Join the digital revolution and get more fun money for odd goods!

I would like to, Nintendo, but not until you get your universal account/network/authentication/whatever system sorted to a level on parity with other services.

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
You know what might work, being able to purchase digitally a couple days before being able to buy a physical copy. I don't see the reason to pay the same amount for something with less rights. Cartridge has no DRM and re-sell value
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
I'm with Neo Thunder. I know many people will buy the digital version, and that's cool... but I wonder how many people who weren't already planning to buy (or were at least on the fence) really consider 50 Club Nintendo coins a meaningful incentive.  While a nice idea, the coins don't translate into much real world value.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
So are they basically doubling everything for the first month? That's a helluva bonus.

Also, new guy.
* Shaymin grabs the shaving cream
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline pololmejor

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
I thought every game from <<then>> on would have a code so you can download it on the eShop. So why don't we al get the physical copy and register it on the eShop. easy as that. Am i right?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
I thought every game from <<then>> on would have a code so you can download it on the eShop. So why don't we al get the physical copy and register it on the eShop. easy as that. Am i right?

No, retail copies won't have a code. Instead, some retailers will sell a card that has the code (but not the actual game). So you can only get the extra coins through the digital version.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline nhaines

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Homepage

Because then everyone would split the cost of the game with a friend and install the code on another system or sell the code on Craigslist or eBay. Which is also why you can't convert the physical game into a digital install. Nintendo would sell 20 copies and everyone would just pass the game cards around to their friends.

Offline 5kytar

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Physical copies have resell value, and are actually worth something. Not to mention that Nintendo's way of doing online stores isn't at all customer friendly. I'm sticking to the 40 dollar cartridge. Why exactly does Nintendo have to make the games 40 dollars on the online store anyway. There's a lot less that the game has to go through. Couldn't it be maybe 30 dollars. They'd most likely still make a killing off of the game.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
For one thing, Nintendo doesn't want to piss off retailers by pricing the digital version lower than the physical version. Not a great idea to have the download code cards fly off the shelves and have the cart copies just sitting there behind the glass case. Also, Nintendo wants more money!

Offline supergtt

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
Don't care if they offer me a million coins, I'm not going to buy any retail titles over the eshop until their account system, you know, doesn't suck ****.

Offline pololmejor

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
On one hand the game will be like 300 pesos [20 dolars or so] cheaper over heer in Mexico wich is awesome. The videogame industry sucks over here. I mean, Kid Icarus costed 900 pesos [like 75 dollars] just because shipping. SO... I guess I'll get the digital one. SO so sad :(

Offline pandaradox

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
I feel like this is going to be a game that I can pick up and play for a few minutes.  As such, I'd like this as a download.  The extra coins are nice and will make for a good head start for next year's elite status coupled with buying a new XL.