Author Topic: Nintendo Recommits To Animal Crossing: New Horizons Updates  (Read 1509 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

That whole "global pandemic" deal has set the schedule back, but New Horizons will truck on.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/57920/nintendo-recommits-to-animal-crossing-new-horizons-updates

The next Animal Crossing: New Horizons update drops this week, and Nintendo has publicly committed to more.

An update will be available tomorrow (US time) that will bring back weekly fireworks shows and add new seasonal items. Additionally, Nintendo of America tweeted the below:

New Horizons is currently at version 1.10 pending this week's update.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Recommits To Animal Crossing: New Horizons Updates
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 06:54:10 PM »
Japan's Covid response seems have been slowly worsening, and Nintendo being so opaque makes it easy to assume that their development has been harder hurt then their peers.

Still... it hurts a little that the 2020 darling of New Horizons hasn't received more meaningful updates. Especially if you are of the opinion that too much of what made Animal Crossing what it is was sacrificed for the HD visuals, terraforming, crafting, and other new features that New Horizons introduced.

I feel that I've abandoned my island quicker than my New Leaf village. Part of the reason why is that my neighbors have repeated dialogue in a speed that felt drastically quicker compared to New Leaf. Maybe when New Horizons 2.0 comes out, I'll be ready to fly back to my island.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Recommits To Animal Crossing: New Horizons Updates
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 04:49:29 PM »
The villager interactions have improved already tbf.