Author Topic: Safe Words 17: Now That's What I Call... Game Over!  (Read 69299 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 17: Now That's What I Call... The Final Round!
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2021, 02:15:33 PM »
Alright. Well, it will be a few hours until I'm home and able to wrap up this game so thank you all for your participation in the meantime. Now it is the waiting game for the results to be posted.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2021, 02:45:42 PM »
How about some Nintendo music while we wait.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2021, 03:43:17 PM »
Hmmm. Not sure if I should click that link after some recent rick-rolling I did.....

EDIT: Took a chance and it was safe!  8)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2021, 04:18:40 PM »
How about some Nintendo music while we wait.
Your YT account?  I am guessing yes but don't want to make assumptions.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2021, 04:42:08 PM »
Your YT account? 
No, my youtube is pretty boring. I just use it for work.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2021, 09:52:46 PM »
Mr. Bungle kicked off the reunion tour and it was a big celebration.

It was the most successful tour ever by the band. They played in 9 cities and got their biggest crowds ever. However, the biggest crowds ever for Mr. Bungle doesn't mean what you may think....

While successful in that they had more people attend then before, the tour was still a financial disaster and actually put everyone involved in the hole including me. And then when it was over, Mr. Bungle re-dissolved and the 49ers decided to call it a career as well! Quitters!

Meanwhile, Insanolord managed to parlay his Japan and football success into a Super Bowl Halftime gig! I used that connection and the only client left in my rolodex and persuaded him to include Bizz Nizz for old times sake and as a good luck charm. I gotta get those guys more exposure now. Unfortunately, Insanolord bungled up the timing of the show and started performing as the first half of the game was ending...

The resulting mess of the play lead to fans rioting in the arena and across the country...

Insanolord and Bizz Nizz quickly got in their tour bus to flee but were being chased by angry sports fans and police. At high speeds, they tried to do a sharp turn but the bus wobbled and flipped spinning into the dynamite factory that every city has leading to this big boom.

Now I've got the NFL and cities coming to me for damages because Bizz Nizz was my client and it was my contract that led to them being part of this debacle. Fortunately, I make sure to have a large life insurance policy for my clients. I needed a client and so I used that money to help persuade one of the biggest music sensations around to take me on. They'd just won Best New Artist of the Year at the Grammy's and just had a falling out with the current manager. I took advantage of the situation to swoop in and be their new manager. The future looks bright for my new client, Milli Vanilli, and I think I'll be able to make it out of all these financial woes after all.....

Now That's What I Call.... A Pretty Lame Story!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2021, 09:58:27 PM »
To sum up: Mr. Bungle chose the only Safe Word leaving Insanolord to select his own bomb word and fulfill his sign-up prophecy to come in 2nd. He's 0-4 now in the Final Round making him the Buffalo Bills of Safe Words after all.

A bit of an odd game with the bomb word selections. I had ordered them by artist in alphabetical order. If a player just selected from the top four in the alphabetical order then they'd have made it to the Final Four as it was the bottom Five choices that were selected through the first rounds. Then if they had selected the top two of the four remaining choices, they'd have made it to the Final Round. In the end, if one selected the first choice every round then they'd have won the game like Mr. Bungle just did. Why was everyone always focused on the bottom choices? Watch next game as everyone gets paranoid about selecting choices from the top. Just an odd quirk of this game.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 17: Now That's What I Call... Game Over!
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2021, 10:29:42 PM »
As mentioned in previous Safe Word games, the players are all ranked by the F-Zero GX racing point system based on their position. Based on how the contestants finished in this game of Safe Words 17, these were the points handed out to them for the game:

1. Mr. Bungle - 100 points
2. NWR_Insanolord - 93 points
3. TOPHATANT123 - 87 points
4. MASB - 81 points
5. Discord.RSS/Steefosaurus - 76 points
6. BeautifulShy - 71 points
7. Mop it up - 66 points
8. nickmitch - 62 points
9. Stratos - 58 points

Host: Khushrenada - 70 points

As previously announced, Season 3 of Safe Words will encompass Safe Words 16, 17, and 18. So, when we combine the totals of last game with this game then here is the current leaderboard for Safe Words Season 3:

Season 3

1. Mr. Bungle - 187 points (2 games played, 0 games hosted)
2. MASB - 181 points (2 games played, 0 games hosted)
3. TOPHATANT123 - 180 points (2 games played, 0 games hosted)
4. NWR_insanolord - 159 points (2 games played, 0 games hosted)
5. BeautifulShy - 152 points (2 games played, 0 games hosted)
6. Discord.RSS/Steefosaurus - 146 points (1 game played, 1 game hosted)
7. Khushrenada - 132 points (1 game played, 1 game hosted)
8. Stratos - 129 points (2 games played, 0 games hosted)
9. nickmitch - 120 points (2 games played, 0 games hosted)
10. Mop it up - 113 points (2 games played, 0 games hosted)
11. pokepal148 - 76 points (1 game played, 0 games hosted)
12. lolmonada - 54 points (1 game played, 0 games hosted)
13. Luigi Dude - 50 points (1 game played, 0 games hosted)

Now That's What I Call.... Statistics!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 09:22:02 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2021, 10:35:34 PM »
As mentioned previously, 3 of the players in the Final Four were also in the Final Four last game. The result is a really close race for first among the current Top 3 leaders of Season 3. Next game is going to be some pretty high stakes for who can finish higher among those three. Unfortunately, we'll never know how that will play out since the Geneva Convention has ruled that what we are doing here is cruel and inhumane torture to Insanolord. Because of him, the International Court of Justice at the Hague has ordered NWR to never play Safe Words again. And so, once again, Insanolord has been an international disgrace for these forums. Oh well. I guess at this point, pretty much everyone else has won a game of Safe Words so there probably wasn't much point in playing it again anyways.

And that is why Safe Words was never again played on the forums. This concludes the history of Safe Words.

Now That's What I Call... A Hack Hosting Job Complete!

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2021, 10:37:42 PM »
We're not done until I say we're done.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2021, 11:06:47 PM »
I need to look back on the games but you might remember them better off the top of your head having been in those Final Rounds. I'm pretty sure last game you were in the Final Round that you had control of the Bomb Word like you did in this game but has that been the case for every Final Round? Or have there been some where you had to select the last Safe Word available?

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2021, 05:40:20 AM »
Good game all. Thank you Khush for making it so entertaining and for keeping on top of all the statistics.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2021, 11:01:45 AM »
GG everyone. Having the theme be 90's music finally allowed me to finally cash in on having a user name that is 90's music group. Definitely a missed opportunity for Adrock. I found the role playing let me avoid making selections based on familiarity or the psychology of the bomb selector. In the last round I was really thinking Insanolord would pick 49ers since that is a sports team and he likes sports (I think). Of course I don't know sports or Insanolord for that matter and as weak as my reasons for selecting were they were purely motivated by the story I was telling. I also was not expecting to be able to go in chronological order or avoid re-picking the same thing for so long, but it all seemed to work out. The pattern Khush noticed with the placement of the bomb in the lower choices is interesting and I am curious if that affected people's selections consciously or subconsciously.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2021, 12:13:11 PM »
Congrats Mr. Bungle! Can't believe Insanolord is snubbed once again.
Perhaps presumptive, but I hadn't assumed Khush would be into EDM at all. But between this CD and the songs Khush highlighted in the other thread I think he might have a rave cave in his basement.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2021, 04:10:05 PM »
Congrats Mr. Bungle! Can't believe Insanolord is snubbed once again.
Perhaps presumptive, but I hadn't assumed Khush would be into EDM at all. But between this CD and the songs Khush highlighted in the other thread I think he might have a rave cave in his basement.

Let me tell you...

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2021, 11:21:19 PM »
Perhaps presumptive, but I hadn't assumed Khush would be into EDM at all.

Also, you can't leave it at that! What music did you think would be my jam?