Author Topic: Mafia 84:RE:CV Rules and player alive list  (Read 34888 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Mafia 84:RE:CV Rules and player alive list
« on: January 17, 2020, 04:13:39 PM »
What is a Mafia hit?

The Mafia gets to attack 1 person each night with a kill action or neighborize action. To start Albert Wesker will start with the Mafia actions on odd days and then on even days Alexia Ashford will use her neighborize actions.

What happens in the event of a tie?
In the event there is a tie and the day is over then I will have a 30 minute period to break the tie.  Anyone can break the tie.  Be it someone unvoting for one of the players in a tie or someone who hasn't voted yet and then deciding to vote for one of the players in the tie. I will keep the 30 minute period going for that whole time and I will go with whoever has the most votes at the end.  If for whatever reason there is a tie still after the 30 minute period then I will randomly choose someone alive and kill them.

Rules for the game

This game will be an open setup meaning that every single role will be known at the start of the game to those playing. Meaning you won't have to ask me if such and such a role is in the game or not.

I currently have 5 roles for the game with the remaining players being normal townies and Mafia goons.

The day period will run for 48 hours or until a majority is reached and is held for at least a hour. The night action period, in which certain roles may submit their night actions will last for 24 hours after the end of day period. After those 24 hours have passed the next day will begin.  I will start the next day earlier if I get every action in and get confirmation that they don't want to change their night actions before the 24 hours are up.

Typically for my games I have a voting requirement but because of a certain role people can vote as much or as little as you like. It is up to the players to call out this sort of behavior and do something about it.

As there is two Mafia teams the two Mafia will alternate Night actions. The Organization Mafia will get odd game days to send in their actions. The Ashford Mafia will use their actions on even game days.

To win this game the Townies have to survive both Mafia and have at lease 1 player still alive to win.
 The Organization will need to destroy the Ashford Mafia of all of its members and have an equal or more members of the Mafia to townie players. 
The Ashford Mafia will need to destroy the Organization Mafia of all of its members. They will also need to have equal or more members to the remaining townie players.

In the event one Mafia team dies the remaining Mafia team will be able to use their actions each day.

Frequently asked questions

These are questions I have received throughout the game and I will update this part with answers to those questions. 

From Day 1 from steefosaurus:
Quote by Steefosaurus
The Ashford team cannot kill anyone until their numbers equal or outnumber the Wesker mafia. This means if we're lucky and vote out one Wesker Goon today, Night 2 is the first time they could be striking.

My response: This isn't exactly accurate.  Alexia Ashford would have to neighborize 2 alive players before sending a hit. The main thing is to unbalance the townies/Wesker Mafia to gain members.  OH also as the Alexia Mafia gains members that makes them more of a late game threat while the Organizational/Wesker Mafia is more of a early game problem.   Since the Organizational Mafia started with 2 goons Alexia would have to match that number before sending in a hit.  However say Alexia neighborizes 1 player tomorrow and then the following night Alexia is killed/voted out than that singular player would be able to start sending in hits right away on even days. 

Question from Day 3 from Steefosaurus

As I understood it, the Alexia side can only strike when they equal the Wesker side in numbers, so if we miss again they don't get to kill on Night 4 yet.

My response:
So the Ashford Mafia would have to have 2 goons on their side regardless of how many Mafia there is on the Organization Mafia side.  Reason being is because the Organization Mafia started with 2 goons so the Ashford Mafia would have to have 2 goons as well before being able to send in their Mafia hit.    The earliest that the Alexia could use her hit is Day 5 and that only happens if she gains a 2nd goon on Day 4 and the Organization Mafia is gone from the game thus being able to use their action each night.  If there remains one Organization Mafia member on their team then if Alexia gains a second goon on Day 4 then the first opportunity to use the hit is on Day 6.  The hit gets delayed if she fails at gaining a second goon on Day 4.   

Question on day 4 from stevey

Wait, so does that mean Alexia can keep turning players even after she reaches 2 goons? Will she be able to both kill and borg assimilate players on even nights? Say Khush was turned on day 2 and Poke is turned on day 4, if we vote out Khush tonight, will that prevent Alexia from having 2 active goons and a hit?

And just to confirm, assimilation happens during the night correct? So if a player is turned and investigated tonight, what happens? Will the investigator see it or does he have to send his action in after Alexia?

My Response:

Yes once Alexia reaches 2 goons she can continue to neighborize players  for as long as she is alive.  However on even days she has the option to either neighborize or use the Ashford Mafia hit.   If the OG Mafia is all gone then Alexia would take over both nights so she could neighborize on odd days and then kill on even or any number of combonations of those two but only one of them each day.  So for example she could neighborize both days, kill both days, kill on the odd day and neighborize the even day or vice versa.

As to having 2 goons alive that would be required to have the hit on even nights.  So yes if the turned player is voted out that would stop the Ashford Mafia from getting a hit.  Alexia could still neighborize to attempt to get back up to two goons.

As to the assimilation question... The assimilation can happen anytime during the day or at night. It really depends on when I hear back from Alexia on who they want to neighborize.   As to the investigator and a neighborized player, It really depends on who Alexia nighborized and if the investigator investigated the same player.  If say Alexia neighborizes someone and the investigator investigated the same person at any point in that particular day either before or after the neighborize then the investigator would get the updated results after the day is closed since the investigator would have already gotten results back from me earlier in the day.  So the investigator would have to take action with that info the following day.   

Asked on Day 3 by Khushrenada

Question to the host about the turned player. If the player had a role before like Wesker Mafia Goon 1 or Townie Doctor or even Townie and they were investigated now after being turned, would the investigation reveal them to be Wesker Mafia Goon 1 and Ashford Mafia Goon 1 or Townie Doctor and Ashford Mafia Goon 1? Or would they just come back as their original role or just show up as Ashforn Mafia Goon 1? Do they still keep their previous role and can keep using the ability or is it lost once turned?

My Response: Okay so first of all.   With the turned Ashford Goon.  If investigated after turning they would come back as what role they started as and the new Ashford Goon role so in this case Ashford Goon #1 and whatever role they had before. 

As to if the turned player keeps their previous role power no they do not.  So if for example if the doctor was turned they would become Alexia's goon and they wouldn't be able to protect anyone or themselves.    Once turned they are essentially a husk of their former selves doing Alexia's bidding.   

Question on Day 3 by Khushrenada.

A little more info in regards to the Ashford mafia. The mafia needs a second goon to achieve hits. They currently have one. Let's say ShyGuy is Ashford and gets voted out. That leaves the one goon left. Does the goon know have the ability to turn another player or is that power lost with Ashford's death? If the goon can inherit the power and turns a player on Day 4 then would that allow the second mafia to start making hits on Day 6 even though Ashford died since the mafia would have achieved a total of three members even with one in death?

My response: So if ShyGuy is voted out and is Alexia then the Ashford hit would go to the person they select from her goons. The Neighborize power is Alexia's and Alexia's alone so if voted out then the Ashford Mafia wouldn't be able to grow their numbers anymore.  However the next possible even day that turned goon would be able to send in a Mafia hit for the Ashford Mafia.  If that turned player is voted out as per usual with my games the hit would be stopped.  Oh also.  Alexia and Albert show up as normal townies in investigations which is pretty typical for mafia games for the leaders of a mafia team. 

If I had allowed the Goon that was turned to continue to have the neighborized power after Alexia's death then the game could turn into a game of "Find the turned player and vote them out" and it would be drawn out until there is very little players on one side and the Ashford Mafia having a large amount of players on their team.

To put the above another way...

Alexia + 2 goons= Mafia hit
No Alexia + any number of goons= Goon using the hit - neighborize ability= less alive players for the Ashford Mafia but sooner Mafia hit.

Question from stevey on day 4

Wait, so does that mean Alexia can keep turning players even after she reaches 2 goons? Will she be able to both kill and borg assimilate players on even nights? Say Khush was turned on day 2 and Poke is turned on day 4, if we vote out Khush tonight, will that prevent Alexia from having 2 active goons and a hit?

And just to confirm, assimilation happens during the night correct? So if a player is turned and investigated tonight, what happens? Will the investigator see it or does he have to send his action in after Alexia?

My Response:
Yes once Alexia reaches 2 goons she can continue to neighborize players  for as long as she is alive.  However on even days she has the option to either neighborize or use the Ashford Mafia hit.   If the OG Mafia is all gone then Alexia would take over both nights so she could neighborize on odd days and then kill on even or any number of combonations of those two but only one of them each day.  So for example she could neighborize both days, kill both days, kill on the odd day and neighborize the even day or vice versa.

As to having 2 goons alive that would be required to have the hit on even nights.  So yes if the turned player is voted out that would stop the Ashford Mafia from getting a hit.  Alexia could still neighborize to attempt to get back up to two goons.

As to the assimilation question... The assimilation can happen anytime during the day or at night. It really depends on when I hear back from Alexia on who they want to neighborize.   As to the investigator and a neighborized player, It really depends on who Alexia nighborized and if the investigator investigated the same player.  If say Alexia neighborizes someone and the investigator investigated the same person at any point in that particular day either before or after the neighborize then the investigator would get the updated results after the day is closed since the investigator would have already gotten results back from me earlier in the day.  So the investigator would have to take action with that info the following day.       

Anonymous question: 
Does Alexia Ashford come back as a normal townie in investigations since she is a mob boss?

My answer:  Yes Alexia Ashford would come back as a townie much like Albert Wesker.    Albert would come back as Ashford Goon # so and so if he was neighborized.  But other than that normal townie for both mob bosses. 

« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 06:25:27 PM by BeautifulShy »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Mafia 84:RE:CV Rules and player alive list
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 04:15:50 PM »
Players alive list:

Mr. Bungle
TOPHATANT123
Nickmitch
Mop it up

Dead players:
Stratos- townie
GK-townie
ThePerm-townie
ShyGuy-townie
Khushrenada-townie
Luigi Dude- First OG Mafia Goon#2 into Ashford Mafia Goon #1
stevey-Alexia Ashford
Insanolord-Albert Wesker
Steefosaurus-townie
lolmonade- former OG Mafia Goon #1 and transformed into Ashford Mafia Goon#2/ 1st Successor.
Pokepal148- former Townie Encryptor turned into Ashford Mafia Goon #3/2nd Successor
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 07:52:14 PM by BeautifulShy »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.