Community Forums > General Chat

The Fast Food Thread - Would You Like Posts With That?

<< < (62/64) > >>

ThePerm:
I didn't go to Chic-fil-a since 2009 for the reasons listed above, I also wasn't too much of a fan as they were over-priced. McDonalds had that Southern Chicken sandwich and it tasted exactly the same and was cheaper.  But Chic-fil-A policies were reportedly improving since about 2017. My mom was really hungry one day in 2020, and figured an 11 year boycott was a long time.  Also, McDonalds had stopped carrying the southern chicken sandwich a while ago. I cracked. Their chicken nuggets are pretty good. Their prices are better than what they were.
I remember one time, around the time, maybe a little before the boycott was starting, it was a Sunday and they were closed so I went to Pollo Feliz instead.

I find it hillarious how the name could be translated.

BlackNMild2k1:

--- Quote from: Stratos on June 15, 2021, 01:03:58 PM ---No Chick-fil-a on your list BnM? Or are they in an entirely different camp?

I like their chicken but the typical lines keep me away, and I tend to get hankerins for Chicken sandwiches (and teriyaki) on Sundays when they are closed so I don't go very often.

--- End quote ---

I mentioned Chick FilA, they are building one next to me and I'll try it once it opens. The next nearest one to me is too far away and line too long to even entertain it unless I was randomly passing by and the line was short.

Stratos:
I thought their political policies were more driven by the former CEO who passed away? Maybe it was an assumption but I thought a lot of that support trickled off once he passed.

On the flip side I hear they are one of the better restaurants in terms of employee treatment/pay. Though again I'm wondering if that was an assumption I had due to their higher prices.

BeautifulShy:

--- Quote from: Stratos on June 22, 2021, 01:33:19 PM ---I thought their political policies were more driven by the former CEO who passed away? Maybe it was an assumption but I thought a lot of that support trickled off once he passed.

On the flip side I hear they are one of the better restaurants in terms of employee treatment/pay. Though again I'm wondering if that was an assumption I had due to their higher prices.

--- End quote ---

That may be the case but I have seen lots of reports recently that Dan Cathy the owner is still funding anti- lgbt policies.

https://www.esquire.com/food-drink/restaurants/a36622217/chick-fil-a-owner-donations-against-equality-act/

https://www.them.us/story/chick-fil-a-owner-bankrolling-hate-groups-targeting-trans-kids

With that being said Burger King is donating to the Human Rights Campaign for every sandwich sold this month.

https://www.nrn.com/quick-service/burger-king-supports-lgbtq-rights-new-sandwich

Stratos:
Bummer. I thought Chick-fil-a had moved on from that. Shame we aren't in the Parks and Rec timeline where Elton John bought them out!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version