Author Topic: GBA Ambassador Games Available Everywhere  (Read 14920 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
GBA Ambassador Games Available Everywhere
« on: December 16, 2011, 10:08:05 AM »

If you're an Ambassador, go download that stuff now!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/28697

The 10 Game Boy Advance titles for those enrolled in the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program are now available for download in Australia.

We confirmed that the titles now appear under the "Your Downloads" section of the eShop on eligible 3DS systems.

Players in other regions have yet to receive their 10 free GBA games, but it is suspected they'll be coming very soon.

Update: Japanese Ambassadors now have access to the games.

Update: European and North American Ambassadors now have access to the games.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: GBA Ambassador Games Available in Australia
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 12:54:08 AM »
Do we download these the same way as the NES titles?

If so, they don't appear to be available in the US yet. :(
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 12:54:59 AM »
Yes (see pic in article). At least now you can queue them for sleep mode downloading, in theory, and the Australian poster mentioned that it doesn't throw you back to the main page after starting the download.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 01:06:33 AM by MegaByte »
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Jet Pilot

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 07:15:56 AM »
WTF NOA?  Entire world is announced except for NA.  Now other regions games are available and NOA still hasn't even announces the games.  I am getting disheartened with NOA more and more. This is to the point of being ridiculous.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 08:37:12 AM »
Good communication with your customers goes a long way to building loyalty; failure to communicate erodes trust and respect. It's pretty clear to me which category NoA has been falling into over the past year...

We'll probably get the games on Friday if the rest of the world is too. That's not really the point though.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: GBA Ambassador Games Available in Australia and Japan
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 09:52:06 AM »
NOA's probably waiting for their weekly press release of Wii VC disappointment to let us know they'll be available tomorrow.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 09:55:40 AM »
Anyone feeling salty over the availability of a bunch of free downloads needs to simmer the hell down. No one was entitled to these games. They were an act of goodwill from Nintendo to their customers. You either bought a 3DS without expecting any kind of compensation and therefore because you simply wanted a 3DS or you circumvented the program and got the price cut too. Either way, the Ambassador games are bonuses. They're coming and before the end of the year (most likely before the end of the week) as promised months ago. You're getting something for nothing, something none of us deserve but are getting anyway. And you waited this long. Would you give it another day or two?

Offline Bman87301

• AtGames Defender
  • Score: -10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 10:54:28 AM »
Does anyone know the local times of when the GBA games came online in Aus. and Jpn.? It might be a good indicator of when to expect them to show up here.

Offline Bman87301

• AtGames Defender
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 11:06:45 AM »
I've done a little bit of research, and from what I can tell so far, it appears that they each went up around 12:00AM local time for both Australia and Japan. So, my guess is not expect them here in the US until late tonight/early tomorrow morning-- 3:00AM EST (12:00AM PST).
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 11:11:47 AM by Bman87301 »

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 11:50:06 AM »
Anyone feeling salty over the availability of a bunch of free downloads needs to simmer the hell down. No one was entitled to these games. They were an act of goodwill from Nintendo to their customers. You either bought a 3DS without expecting any kind of compensation and therefore because you simply wanted a 3DS or you circumvented the program and got the price cut too. Either way, the Ambassador games are bonuses. They're coming and before the end of the year (most likely before the end of the week) as promised months ago. You're getting something for nothing, something none of us deserve but are getting anyway. And you waited this long. Would you give it another day or two?

I don't think anyone here is upset or complaining about games not being available. However, some people might be upset about what they feel is an ongoing communication breakdown from Nintendo of America - at least that's what my beef is.

Over the past year, NoA has done a poor job of interacting with and managing fan expectations. Even when they do something really awesome (like digital downloads from Club Nintendo, or the Ambassador game freebies) it ends up being preceded by small screw-ups, uncertainty, and customer confusion due to limited communication. Normally these things aren't a big deal, but when it feels like a regular pattern of behavior and is visibly worse than what happens in every other region around the world then fans are justified in feeling disappointed.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 11:58:30 AM »
NoA Lack of Communication in this day and Age is Fail.  Every Branch of Nintendo should have made the announcements at the same time.

Adrock I think your the most upset person in this thread.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Bman87301

• AtGames Defender
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 12:28:11 PM »
NoA Lack of Communication in this day and Age is Fail.  Every Branch of Nintendo should have made the announcements at the same time.

Are you an expert on the all the specific inner-workings of NOA's online network? Unless you are, that assertion is ridiculous for you to make. Population density, the average amount of network traffic, trends in local behavioral habits, or countless other factors could be reasons for NOA to decide that there's not a need to bother making a formal announcement. What makes sense for some regions may not be practical for others. Just because NOA hasn't made an announcement about it, doesn't mean they don't still have the same plans for release.

This wouldn't be the first time, not all the regions have made public announcements but still made the releases. I can safely say with 99% certainty, that NOA will be releasing the GBA games in the next 24hrs. just along with the rest of the world.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 12:52:09 PM »
+1

Anyway, what "lack of communication" or "communication breakdown"? What part of "the Ambassador program games will be available before the end of the year" is so difficult to understand? Last time I checked, it's still 2011. Wait, let me check again. Yes, it's still 2011.

The sense of entitlement coming from some of you guys is astounding. Nintendo told us months ago when to expect these games. That time period has not passed yet so what is there to complain about? The truth is that many 3DS owners are getting FREE games. Instead of worrying about something you'll probably get tomorrow, be glad Nintendo is giving you all of these nice things when all you did was buy something you already wanted. So, yeah, I'm calling shenanigans on anyone who's whining like a petulant child because Nintendo of America hasn't announced the release yet. They're coming. While you're waiting for them, watch Louis CK's "Everything is amazing and nobody is happy" because some of you sound like that.

Offline SupaKirb

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 04:11:06 PM »
Yeah.. not feeling the whole "You don't deserve these games" talk. I believe that early adopters absolutely deserve these games. Yes it was their choice to buy the system at launch, but listen to what you're saying here, you are telling early adopters, (hard working people just like you and me, and die-hard Nintendo fans just like you and me) that the piece of hardware they bought just a a few months earlier, and before the price drop, that they don't deserve these games? A system that had no internet browser, no e-shop, and only a few notable titles to decide from? I'm sorry, but that is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. The people are not to blame for putting their faith and dollar into the company. If any faith is lost in a company from the consumers point of view, it is the companies obligation to set things straight. We have every right to these games, and I won't be told otherwise.

Now as to the whole whining and crying over NoA not announcing these games availability yet, that is indeed stupid I agree. NoA is going to release these games soon, getting them right now will not make a difference then getting them two days from now. NoA has actually made me happy with their latest announcements.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 04:13:36 PM by SupaKirb »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 04:56:52 PM »
I'm sorry but if Blizzard can make announcements in all of its regions at 1 time I believe Nintendo can.  That is not asking for the world.  In fact they could just do it through Twitter and Facebook.  Super Easy Super Fast.

It's the Fact that NoA is the ONLY region to not make an announcement.  Which leads everyone to think of 2 things.  Either the Deal is going to be different here somehow or there was technical glitches that are only effecting NoA covered areas.

Its like your mother going ahead and giving all your brother and sisters a lollipop when she promised all of you one this week without confirming your still getting a lollipop.

Are you an expert on the all the specific inner-workings of NOA's online network? Unless you are, that assertion is ridiculous for you to make.
Um No. I don't have to be you know why?  There are TONs of places on the web NoA could post on they have ready access to.  It could be as simple as "Hey everyone check out the last 5 games for the Ambassador program which will be coming soon. <link>" on Twitter.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 05:01:03 PM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline fadelzz3454

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 05:11:51 PM »
umm are the GBA games cut off from the side? like the nes games

Offline Traveller

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 05:15:41 PM »
There are two small black pillar boxes when playing them full screen. If you launch in native res, the screen is centred in the middle with nothing but black around it.
Nicholas Bray - Australian Correspondent

Offline Chadthreesixty

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 05:19:49 PM »
Dear "Mad C***"
I don't like your attitude.
Might I remind you that Ninny lowered the price by almost a "buck", which basically screwed their most loyal of fans out of our hard earned money at a time when most economys are in the toliet.
We were promised these games by the "end of the year", and they don't have long left.
All these people are getting at is that other countries are already playing their games. We have not even got a release date or notification. This was meant to be their "kiss and make up" and someone at Nintendo PR is dragging their feet.
So yes. All these people and myself are ENTITLED TO THESE GAMES WE WERE PROMISED!
Smell what I am steppin' in AdCrock?
RightCheersThanksalot.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 05:24:33 PM »

I'm sorry, but that is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. The people are not to blame for putting their faith and dollar into the company. If any faith is lost in a company from the consumers point of view, it is the companies obligation to set things straight. We have every right to these games, and I won't be told otherwise.
Hmm...

No one forced these people to put their hard earned cash down for a system that Nintendo rushed to market. Every early adopter who purchased a 3DS did so willingly and should have with full knowledge that those features were missing. And if they didn't, that's their fault anyway because there's this thing called the internet and one of the most popular websites on this internet is called Google which lets you search for things that you are not knowledgeable about. If Helen Keller was alive today, I bet even she would know how to use Google. I have no sympathy for anyone who purchased a 3DS and was disappointed in what it had to offer initially. I know that sounds harsh but there were no delusions about what was available on 3DS. None. People should know what they're getting into when they surrender $250 to buy something. Otherwise, don't buy it. This isn't complicated. I scoffed at the price when 3DS was announced and I didn't buy one until Nintendo dropped it to something I was comfortable paying. Nintendo just happened to drop the price far sooner than I ever expected them too.

No one deserves these games because Nintendo didn't have to offer them. Early adopters paid money on something that they felt, at the time, was worth it. If they changed their tune, that's on them. It's called buyer's remorse. Early adopters aren't entitled to compensation. That never happens. Nintendo just did a really nice thing. If someone buys an unsatisfactory product knowing that it's unsatisfactory, he/she is entirely responsible for that decision. People can't just pass the buck on the maker of that product because they made a shitty choice in life. Just like people aren't entitled to these games; Nintendo isn't entitled to anyone's money. People freely gave it to them. With the Ambassador Program, Nintendo isn't so much as righting a wrong as it is acting on good faith. They could have dropped the price and just said, "Suck it." They know their fan base. Anyone who would claim to boycott Nintendo is totally full of ****. After all, they did buy a half-assed system just because it said Nintendo on it...
Its like your mother going ahead and giving all your brother and sisters a lollipop when she promised all of you one this week without confirming your still getting a lollipop.
That's only unfair if you don't get a lollipop. But, we ARE getting these games so I don't get what all the complaining is for. If we get these games tomorrow, can we just drop this and enjoy all of the free **** we're getting?
Smell what I am steppin' in AdCrock?
I see what you did there.........(exaggerated elipses)........

Offline Traveller

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 05:28:02 PM »
I think you guys should calm down, the U.S can't be far behind. They will probably launch on your next eShop update day.
Nicholas Bray - Australian Correspondent

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 05:31:39 PM »
And +1 to you, kind sir.

Offline Bman87301

• AtGames Defender
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 05:50:53 PM »
Um No. I don't have to be you know why?  There are TONs of places on the web NoA could post on they have ready access to.  It could be as simple as "Hey everyone check out the last 5 games for the Ambassador program which will be coming soon. <link>" on Twitter.

You're missing the point. They already gave us multiple announcements telling us we'd get them by the end of the year in the first place. They're also aware existence of the Internet and that it's already well known from Europe and Japan's announcements. So, any announcement they made would be redundant anyway so why bother? Especially when you factor in how it can unnecessarily complicate things-- if you recall, NOE ran ads claiming the 3DS update would be available November 30th, only to have it get pushed back a week. NOA kept its mouth shut. If you ask me, that shows that NOA is less careless.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 05:55:27 PM »
Are they less careless, or do they just care less?

(I don't have any point I'm trying to make there, I just came up with that and felt the need to share it.)
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2011, 05:57:46 PM »

You're missing the point. They already gave us multiple announcements telling us we'd get them by the end of the year in the first place. They're also aware existence of the Internet and that it's already well known from Europe and Japan's announcements. So, any announcement they made would be redundant anyway so why bother? Especially when you factor in how it can unnecessarily complicate things-- if you recall, NOE ran ads claiming the 3DS update would be available November 30th, only to have it get pushed back a week. NOA kept its mouth shut. If you ask me, that shows that NOA is less careless.
You missed the point on mine as well.  It's not so much of a we will be getting these games X date.  Its more of a "Yes the rest of the world knows when they are getting their new toy.  We haven't forgotten about you.  You are still getting your toy.  Just not now."

Offline Bman87301

• AtGames Defender
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2011, 06:00:10 PM »
I think you guys should calm down, the U.S can't be far behind. They will probably launch on your next eShop update day.

Actually, our eShop update was earlier today (a good six hours ago)-- and still no GBA games. But as I already pointed out earlier, it's still Thursday here. Australia and Japan seem to have gotten theirs at midnight on Friday. So, our games are most likely scheduled for the same time, which is still nine hours away.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 06:10:46 PM by Bman87301 »