Author Topic: Paper Mario 3DS Beta (2010)  (Read 1085 times)

Offline fawful

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Paper Mario 3DS Beta (2010)
« on: January 28, 2020, 12:09:10 AM »
Hello! I'm asking on this site in hopes that maybe someone has this video tucked away somewhere. The video I'm referring to is only online in a very small snippet uploaded for this site in 2010: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CRv4XmbrmQ

it's to this date the only footage of this early build of Sticker Star, and given the differences even in this footage such as having the Chain Chomp partner, and the fact that the entire audio from this footage is available, I find it hard to believe the trailer itself is completely lost.

Here is a link to the post associated with the video: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/23500/3ds-mario-games-in-motion The broken Flash links used to be full audio from the trailers, including the Paper Mario one in its entirety. But the trailer itself has been missing all these years.

If anyone has the trailer or knows how to help me in any way, the Paper Mario fan community would greatly appreciate it! This build of Sticker Star is like a holy grail to some of us.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Paper Mario 3DS Beta (2010)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 09:46:38 AM »
Might be worth trying to contact the staffer who uploaded this footage, see if they have more of it parked on a harddrive somewhere? Jared Rosenberg appears to have been the one who posted it, although I can't guarantee they're the ones who shot the footage. If I'm not mistaken, NWR used to divide up E3 tasks over 2 teams; one on-site doing interviews and footage, and one team hammering out that content into postable articles (hotel Internet is bad today; imagine how it was a decade ago).

As for those broken X-Shockwave-Flash links, Inspect Object reveals that you're right, the main one is just a link to that YouTube clip you posted. The audio clip can be recovered this way too, it's 1 minute 8 seconds and located here.

I'm assuming you're much more knowledgeable about what 2010 Paper Mario media was out there, so apologies if this is all old hat to you, but it's noteworthy that the Wayback Machine can recover some stuff:
Here's 16 screenshots that no longer work on NintendoLife's website, for example. NWR has a bigger collection of screenshots, but I'm not sure which ones belong to the 2010 demo build, and which ones are from Sticker Star. Maybe only the bottom ones are relevant to you.

Speaking of that demo build, this article states it was a non-interactive demo. Might explain the lack of footage?