Author Topic: Super Mario Maker 2 - Did anyone here get it?  (Read 15663 times)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Super Mario Maker 2 - Did anyone here get it?
« on: July 06, 2019, 12:47:16 AM »
Hello! I've been a creatin' fool in Super Mario Maker 2. Have 17 levels so far, so I'd like to get some feedback if anyone else has the game, and I'd like to play your levels, too.

I hope that's not too big. :/
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mario Maker 2 - Did anyone here get it?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 10:28:11 PM »
Everybody else has been sharing them on Discord, but I'm def trying your levels.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 02:59:22 PM »
I need to get it, trying to stick to a budget so I can save money

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 03:00:35 PM »
My Mario Maker is better than yours.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 12:33:40 AM »
Everybody else has been sharing them on Discord, but I'm def trying your levels.

Hello. Thanks.
What is the link to the NWR Discord?

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 02:34:29 AM »

Hello. Thanks.
What is the link to the NWR Discord?

https://discord.gg/Hyp4mXm

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 10:00:46 PM »
I bought it for my nephews
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 03:16:33 AM »
I'm afraid Maker holds no appeal for me at all.  I'm not really into Mario platforming, and I have no interest in making levels.  That's what would I pay Nintendo to do for me lol. 

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2019, 08:53:53 AM »
I'm afraid Maker holds no appeal for me at all.  I'm not really into Mario platforming, and I have no interest in making levels.  That's what would I pay Nintendo to do for me lol. 
Wait, why would you pay Nintendo to do something for you that holds no appeal to you at all?

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2019, 04:26:41 AM »
I *would* pay them if I were interested.  That's why I choose "would" and not "will" :P

Makes sense to me anyway lol

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2019, 05:10:52 PM »
Hello Phil! I'm a bit late to the party I know, but I'll try your stuff when I can. I remember liking what you did with the first game, so this should be good too!

If anyone's interested in my stuff, here's my ID:
Mop it up 462-30G-27G
I mostly make traditional stuff, though with this game I've done a number of gimmick levels as well.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2019, 04:12:37 AM »
Hey Mop it up! Thanks for playing some of my levels. I'm going to try out some of yours when I wake up tomorrow.

Speaking of levels, I finally finished my mock game and made a crude box art to celebrate! hehe

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2019, 07:02:14 PM »
Nice case Phil! I've now played all of your levels, you've certainly refined yourself well and have captured the spirit of the regular games. I like how you tend to put in plenty of secrets even though coins and 1ups are meaningless outside of Endless, but it's still fun to explore. Do you have a World 9 / special world planned?

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2020, 12:19:55 AM »
Hey all. Those level codes are now expired since I reuploaded all of my levels after doing some fixes and major improvements to make a better playing experience.

But my maker ID code still works, and it has all of my "game" in an actual World Maker game now, so check it out! :)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2020, 01:24:32 PM »
Nice Phil! I'll have to check that out, you're one of the few traditional makers around.

Unfortunately I wasn't prepared for this world update, I decided to not make a series for SMM2 like I had for SMM1 since I wanted to do something different. I think this is the kind of thing which would have been better to have at or near launch since it requires more preparation, but oh well. I still put my levels into a Super World just to have something, but there's not much cohesion there. I may try making a proper one at some point.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2020, 09:15:31 PM »
Yeah, it's unfortunate how this update was just dropped without most being able to be prepared. Though your levels were always a good time regardless, so I'll be sure to check out your world when I get the chance! :)

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2020, 10:24:13 AM »
Today I loaded up the update and was disgusted by the pathetic attempt offered by the first custom World I tried made by some rando. I left him lots of negative feedback..
I enjoyed all the levels of yours though Phil and look forward to playing the full world.

I dream of the day I have the motivation, creativity and productivity to produce a world of my own.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2020, 07:54:53 PM »
I think you still have to wade through the crap and the good stuff.  I found a fun little game that was really simple but pleasant, the creator obviously took some time to create a lot of impressive gimmicks but overall it was just an easy like children's Mario game. 

I think finding good theme games and adequate level and difficulty will be hard.  But it is worth the effort. 

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2020, 08:02:50 PM »
Played through a lot of Phil's and Mop It Up's levels. Feels like regular Mario games half the time and then only something a fan might create. Both of which are compliments.

I had the original and this game since launch and barely touched either. But the new update brought the frog suit... THE FROG SUIT! I loved the frog suit since I was a kid but it was so rare and when you did get it you most likely lost it within a few minutes!

I went from 20 hours to 100 just making frog and squirrel levels. The squirrel suit was also another that I really appreciated from Mario U. Frog raccoon, squirrel! If the penguin and shell suit came in boy..... I love transforming Mario into some sort of animal. I'm still warming up to the cat suit but just haven't tried it much in 2D to get that adoration I have for the others.

What ever the case almost all of my levels will revolve around the animal transformations cause thats just what I loved the most!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2020, 06:48:55 AM »
Phil & Mop It Up have you made your own Super Mario Games with the Map feature?  I want to find some good content and most is either too hard, or too easy...or just doesn't feel like Mario.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2020, 07:05:21 PM »
Phil & Mop It Up have you made your own Super Mario Games with the Map feature?  I want to find some good content and most is either too hard, or too easy...or just doesn't feel like Mario.

Yep! It was one of the first things I did when the update was available. My maker ID is: 4XW-VB1-VXG

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2020, 07:51:19 PM »
I just threw together the levels I had into a Super World as best they'd fit just to have something up when the playing was happening, but they're not really designed to be in worlds so my current set of levels is probably better played individually. I'm currently working on a more appropriate Super World but I'm not uploading any of its levels until they're all ready to go, so it could be a bit longer.

My code is in an earlier post but here is my ID again:
462-30G-27G

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2020, 03:05:04 PM »
Whew, my Super World is finally completed if anyone would like to check it out! A world is playable through a maker's overview page, so here's my ID if anyone doesn't have it yet:

462-30G-27G

I also uploaded the levels in reverse order, so that anyone who prefers playing levels through the list will find them in the proper order playing from the top down. People can also pick and choose levels this way if someone doesn't want to play the whole thing.

I designed this to be complete-able by the average player, so it focuses more on fun elements than difficulty, though the later worlds could provide a challenge. My style is such that I typically create the gameplay elements first, so this doesn't always leave much room for aesthetics, especially in cases where I like to leave space for maneuvering. These stages are designed with the more traditional philosophies, so people who focus more on gameplay will probably get the most out of them.

That said, originally I did have an idea for a silly pretentious story and to make levels more connected, but I wisely chickened out of this concept (Super Ludonarrative Dissonance World, anyone?). Among other reasons, the descriptions of levels don't show up from Super Worlds. There are still some remnants of this idea scattered about, but they probably aren't very noticeable... hopefully...

Here's a breakdown of what's included:

33 new levels
4 edits of stages I took down a while ago.
3 existing uploads (in part because I filled all 100 upload slots)

Styles:
NSMB: 15
3DW: 10
SMB3: 7
SMW: 5
SMB: 3

Offline Morningshark

• Xander Morningstar Animation Junkie
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2020, 02:55:47 AM »
Hey Mop it Up. Thanks for always playing my levels! I promise I'll finish my Odyssey levels.
Xander Morningstar
NWR Associate Editor and Video Producer
http://www.xandermorningstar.com

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2020, 10:22:13 AM »
This world/game looks mighty fine, and the first worlds thus far are a great deal of fun with brilliant aesthetics. Some of the levels have some "gotcha" moments unintentionally, but I'm liking what I'm playing overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNxoY6ktTHg

VRQ-1T4-5RF

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2021, 11:55:13 AM »
I finally got around to playing SuperPhil32 World and got through about half of it. It is really well done. The levels are just the right length and difficulty for my tastes. There are usually alternate paths and lots of secrets to find. The boss battles are really clever, especially Kamek and Thwomp. Also, you can save your game and continue later on. I am going to try SuperMopitUp World once I am done with Phil's.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2022, 06:10:23 AM »
Bumping this topic for reasons.

A user on SMM2 named Mikey_Mike since 2015 has been working on an unofficial SMB5.

His game is a 40 level game going through 8 worlds.

GameXplain did a 3 hour 4 minute stream of it yesterday and Mike has his Maker ID of OG9-XN4-FNF if you want to try it out. 

GameXplain video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW7D6bn1J6E

Here is Mike's feed on Twitter if you want to look at what is in store with the Maker levels.

https://twitter.com/MetroidMike64/status/1574064194747568131

Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.