Author Topic: Purpose SP  (Read 2599 times)

Offline EL Pollo DIablos

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Purpose SP
« on: February 20, 2003, 05:51:32 AM »
What isteh real purpose of the SP?
Personaly I think making money but Im not used to Nintendo doing that.
I heard something about it wasto make adultpeople play games.
But if anadult would like to play a GBA game he would have buyed a GBA already.
Or are they afraid to be laughed at(if adults do that anyway ,well then again then they aren't adults).
Or is the backlight and charge battery gotta turn me over?
A SP is way more expensive then a good afterburner. And I already got a chargeable batterythingy.
So what does Nintendo want to accomplishwith the SP?

Hope to get an answer soon.

El Pollo Diablos.
Nintendo is going to treat us good:F-Zero and Star Fox Armada, new Pikmin, 1080, Kirby, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis and 2 or 3 new franchises ( maybe mature).
Planning on buying an Xbox! Now all I nead is a good gamertag for Live!

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Purpose SP
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2003, 06:24:09 AM »
The lighted screen is THE biggest complaint about the Game Boy Advance, and that was solved.  Adding a rechargeable battery and the slick new design was icing on the cake.  Yes, this will probably end up attracting older gamers to the GBA, and I'm sure that was a large part of the intent.  But Nintendo is just addressing a major concern of their userbase, the one thing keeping it from gaining major traction across all markets.

And an SP is NOT way more expensive than an Afterburner, if you're buying both outright.  In fact, you can trade in your GBA at GameStop for $40, which is your pre-order payment for the SP, leaving you with a cost of $60 ... the same price it would cost you for an Afterburner and installation for your existing GBA.  There's really little reason people shouldn't upgrade to an SP.
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline EL Pollo DIablos

• View Profile
Purpose SP
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2003, 08:59:11 AM »
Yeahm buti dont think there willbe any trade-in actionshere in Europe.
There not so busy and fresh in the gameing business(thats why we are lastonthe list ,well on of the reasons).
Wellmaybe ill swap mine later for a SP.
Thanks for your quick reply. Keep at it like this.

El Pollo Diablos
Nintendo is going to treat us good:F-Zero and Star Fox Armada, new Pikmin, 1080, Kirby, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis and 2 or 3 new franchises ( maybe mature).
Planning on buying an Xbox! Now all I nead is a good gamertag for Live!

Offline rodtod

• View Profile
Purpose SP
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2003, 12:11:07 PM »
Hey there Mr. Devil Chicken

Rick basically summed up the reasons why people would want to buy the SP, and why Nintendo bothered making it. But he forgot to mention one very important thing: The GBA SP is UBER COOL!

Heh, well if you want to get more of your gba questions answered in a speedy manner, I recommend you check out this section of the forums:

http://www.planetgamecube.com/forums/categories.cfm?catid=5

Peace out
rodtod
will the real rodtod please stand up, please stand up, please stand u-[SMACK!]