Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1157439 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Welcome to the Official Topic for The Marvel Cinematic Universe
a thread for all things Marvel in the Movies and on TV.

if you are looking for comic talk, Go HERE

Current Lineup:
(shamelessly stolen)

Marvel's Cinematic Timeline:

(click for really large version)

Marvel One-Shots:
1.)  The Consultant (Thor)
2.)  A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer (Captain America: The First Avenger)
3.)  Item 47 (The Avengers)
4.)  Agent Carter (Iron Man 3)
5.)  All Hail the King (Thor 2: The Dark World)

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Current Storyline for Agent of SHIELD has it intersecting and running parallel with the events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Movie Trailers

Phase 1
Iron Man - Trailer 1
The Incredible Hulk - Trailer 1
Iron Man 2 - Trailer 1 | Trailer 2
Thor - Trailer 1
Captain America: The First Avenger - Trailer 1 | Trailer 2
The Avengers - Trailer 1 | Trailer 2

Phase 2
Iron Man 3 - Trailer 1 | Trailer 2
Thor: The Dark World - Trailer 1
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Trailer 1 | Trailer 2 | TV Spots: #1 : #2 : #3 : #4 : #5
Guardian of the Galaxy - Trailer 1  |  Trailer 2  |  Extended Look #1 : #2  |  TV Spots #1#2 : #3 : #4 : #5  |  Meet the Guardians: Rocket : Groot : Drax : Gamora : Peter Quill  |  Galaxy Getaway  |  Featurettes: #1 : #2
The Avengers: Age of Ulton - Teaser | Trailers: #1
Ant-Man - Trailer #1
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 - HQ Trailer Link - https://thedigitaltheater.com/index.php/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-2017/
Spider-Man: Homecoming - HQ Trailer link - https://thedigitaltheater.com/index.php/spider-man-homecoming-2017/
Thor: Ragnarok - HQ Trailer link: https://thedigitaltheater.com/index.php/thor-ragnarok-2017/
Black Panther - HQ Trailer link: https://thedigitaltheater.com/index.php/black-panther-2018/
Avengers: Infinity War - HQ Trailer link: https://thedigitaltheater.com/index.php/avengers-infinity-war-2018/

Phase 3
Captain America: Civil War - Trailers: #1 | Spidey!
Doctor Strange - Trailer #1
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 - HQ Trailer Link - https://thedigitaltheater.com/index.php/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-2017/
Spider-Man: Homecoming - HQ Trailer link - https://thedigitaltheater.com/index.php/spider-man-homecoming-2017/
Thor: Ragnarok - HQ Trailer link: https://thedigitaltheater.com/index.php/thor-ragnarok-2017/
Black Panther - HQ Trailer link: https://thedigitaltheater.com/index.php/black-panther-2018/
Avengers: Infinity War - HQ Trailer link: https://thedigitaltheater.com/index.php/avengers-infinity-war-2018/

Yet to be Released for Phase 3

Movie Dates:

May 4th, 2018 - Avenger: Infinity War (Part 1)

July 6th, 2018 - Ant-Man and The Wasp

March 8th, 2019 - Captain Marvel

May 3rd, 2019 - Avengers 4 (Part 2)

Phase 4 Movies

May 1st, 2020 - TBD (Spider-Man?)

July 10th, 2020 - TBD (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3?)

November 6, 2020 - TBD

Television:

Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC - S1: Sept 2013, S2: Sept 2014, S3: Sept 2015, S4: Sept 2016, S5: Nov 2017)

Agent Carter (ABC - S1: Jan 2015, S2: Jan 2016, S3: cancelled)

Daredevil (Netflix - S1: April 2015, S2: April 2016, S3: TBD 2018)

Jessica Jones (Netflix - S1: Nov 2015, S2: TBD 2018)

Luke Cage (Netflix - S1: Sept 2016, S2: TBD 2018)

Iron Fist (Netflix - S1: March 2017, S2: TBD 2018?)

The Defenders (Netflix - Aug 2017)
-This is the TV equivalent of The Avengers bringing all 4 above (Netflix) Characters together onto one team for a mini-series event.

Marvel's Most Wanted (ABC - S1: "passed over")
-Spin-off of Agent of SHIELD

Damage Control (ABC - S1: TBD cancelled?)

Cloak & Dagger (Freeform - S1: TBD 2018)

The Runaways (Hulu - S1: Nov 2017)

Extra Movie Trailers/footage:
5 minute Captain America: The Winter Soldier extended trailer
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/hc16my3r9imdibn/cap_tws_extended.mp4

Guardians of the Galaxy Comic-Con trailer
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/n90323mzip8e0yz/gotg.mp4

Ant-Man test footage
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/9zg56n6i5v45k82/-Ant_Man_teaser_trailer_footage_shown_19th_March_2013.mp4 

The Future of Marvel's Cinematic Universe:
-It has been mentioned that Marvel is looking to replace the use of Mutants in the Cinematic Universe with Inhumans. It is speculated that some characters that are not directly tied to X-Men but are originally mutants, may be rewritten as Inhumans to get around licensing snafu's.

Kevin Fiege - Head of Marvel - also stated that they have movies planned all the way through 2021, so I would expect a Phase 4 set of movies at the very least. *Fiege has also expressed interest in finally getting a Black Widow Solo movie out, which is now possible that he managed to wrestle away control of the MCU movies from Ike Perlmutter, who is still in control of MCU TV/Netflix production.
*This has led to the rumors that Kevin (MCU movies) & Ike (MCU TV/Netflix) continue to have bad blood, and it has become more likely that TV will not likely factor into the Movies to keep #itsallconnected from being a one way street as it has been up to this point, where storylines from the movies get mentioned and/or tied into by the tv shows, but not the other way around. This could all change w/ the upcoming Infinity War movies where the Russos reportedly have over 60 characters they have worked into the scripts.

Spider-Man - Marvel has worked out a deal with Sony where Marvel gets to creatively make the movies, while Sony still maintains ownership of the movie property. This works by Marvel Studios basically being hired by Sony as the creative and production team, while Sony get to foot the bill, handle distribution and reap the profits. Sony will of course be paying Marvel Studios their contracted production/creative fees, and possibly even mile-stone bonuses along the way. But the important thing here is that Marvel Studios is in control of what's happening w/ Spidey in the MCU and  related solo movies.

The Hulk - While Marvel has the production rights to produce a new Hulk movie, it is Universal who still has "first refusal" rights to the distribution of any Hulk titled movie. Which means if Marvel makes it, Universal get to accept or deny the rights to distribute it before Disney/Marvel can distribute it on their own. This is likely the biggest reason we have yet to see a second solo Hulk movie, but Hulk works well as a co-star for now, so we can wait.

and because I know someone will ask, here is a
list of Marvel's Properties that Marvel does not currently have the movie rights to:
X-Men (Fox) - this includes all mutants as well as the phrase "Mutant"
- apparently there is a loophole for certain characters that are not directly connected to X-Men such as Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, but they cannot be referred to as "mutants" outside of their use with Fox and the X-Men property.

Fantastic 4 (Fox) - This also includes Galactus, Silver Surfer, Super Skrull & Annihilus. But Fox has to get this movie off the ground by Oct. 2014 otherwise the rights will revert back to Marvel like Daredevil and Ghost Rider before it. (There are rumors of production issues, but Fantastic Four 2 already has an announced date - 2017) **There were rumors of Marvel negotiating with Fox over TV rights to X-men properties, and these rumors also mentioned usage of F4 by Marvel... not sure if anything happened, but maybe at worst, Fox will work out a deal similar Sony did for Spider-man, at best they'll just give it up out-right in exchange for full X-men access (TV , merchandise, etc etc).**

***EDIT: Disney has Bought 21st Century FOX - this means X-Men and Fantastic Four will be returning to Marvel

Spider-Man (Sony) - Supposedly Marvel has been working behind the scenes to include Spider-Man in the MCU, which almost happened with a small acknowledgement in The Avengers, but sadly Sony couldn't get it together in time to make it happen.... maybe next time ;) **see update above - next time has come ;) **

Namor (Universal/Marvel?) - not sure what it takes to get this back, but as seeing that Universal has done nothing with it since they've had it, I assume that if Disney wanted it back, Universal might oblige. **Marvel technically has rights to Namor, and if a movie were to be made, it would be by Marvel Studios, BUT there are still lots of outside contracts to deal with before anything would ever break ground using the character, so don't expect Namor to just pop up in in a Marvel movie. It's more complicated than that a the moment.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 02:58:43 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Re: It's MARVELous Baby!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 04:55:49 PM »
Latest News:

4 Marvel Shows that eventually become a Mini-Series are all headed to Netflix
Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones will become The Defenders - beginning sometime in 2015
http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/disney-netflix-marvel-series/

Quote from: Press Release - 11/7/13
BURBANK, Calif., Nov. 7, 2013  – The Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) and Netflix Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX) today announced an unprecedented deal for Marvel TV to bring multiple original series of live-action adventures of four of Marvel’s most popular characters exclusively to the world’s leading Internet TV Network beginning in 2015. This pioneering agreement calls for Marvel to develop four serialized programs leading to a miniseries programming event.

Led by a series focused on “Daredevil,” followed by “Jessica Jones,” “Iron Fist” and “Luke Cage,” the epic will unfold over multiple years of original programming, taking Netflix members deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell’s Kitchen, New York. Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen episodes series and a culminating Marvel’s “The Defenders” mini-series event that reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.

Produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Television Studios, this groundbreaking deal is Marvel’s most ambitious foray yet into live-action TV storytelling.

“This deal is unparalleled in its scope and size, and reinforces our commitment to deliver Marvel’s brand, content and characters across all platforms of storytelling. Netflix offers an incredible platform for the kind of rich storytelling that is Marvel’s specialty,” said Alan Fine, President of Marvel Entertainment. “This serialized epic expands the narrative possibilities of on-demand television and gives fans the flexibility to immerse themselves how and when they want in what’s sure to be a thrilling and engaging adventure.”

“Marvel’s movies, such as ‘Iron Man’ and Marvel’s ‘The Avengers’, are huge favorites on our service around the world. Like Disney, Marvel is a known and loved brand that travels,” said Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos. “With ‘House of Cards’ and our other original series, we have pioneered new approaches to storytelling and to global distribution and we’re thrilled to be working with Disney and Marvel to take our brand of television to new levels with a creative project of this magnitude.”

This new original TV deal follows last year’s landmark movie distribution deal through which, beginning with 2016 theatrically released feature films, Netflix will be the exclusive U.S. subscription television service for first-run, live-action and animated movies from the Walt Disney Studios, including titles from Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Disneynature and Lucasfilm. Netflix members can currently enjoy a wide range of Disney, ABC TV and Disney Channel films and shows across the 41 countries where Netflix operates.

The Netflix Shows could eventually become a movie - & ABC working on another Marvel Show
That un-named show is likely the Agent Carter Series as mentioned in the OP
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=111180
Quote from: 11/8/2013
The Walt Disney Company had their quarterly Earnings Call yesterday, which explains the multitude of announcements ranging from Star Wars: Episode VII's release date to the giant Netflix/Marvel deal, and In the conference call,  Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger further elaborated on the Netflix deal and another TV project.

When asked about Marvel's deal with Netflix and why that particular route was chosen, Iger said the company realized there were only so many shows they could fit on their platforms, which includes the animated shows on Disney XD and "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." on the ABC network. He then went on to say that ABC has another Marvel series in development, and though he wouldn't say what character or series it is based on, we think it might be the Agent Carter TV series talked about a few months ago.

The conversation continued on the Netflix deal when Iger said that due to the overwhelming amount of characters in Marvel's wheelhouse, it's simply not possible to put them all on the big screen. He then confirmed that the characters announced yesterday as having their own series on Netflix, including Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones, are "not among the most popular" and were likely never going to be in a feature film anyway. Iger then added that should their respective series be well received on the Netflix platform, however, feature films for the individual characters aren't out of the question.

An upcoming Agent's of SHIELD episode "The Well" that is set to air in 2 weeks will be a tie in to the just released movie Thor 2: The Dark World.
Here are some pics from the episode:
http://www.superherohype.com/gallery/marvels-agents-of-shield/the-well/page1/catpage1#category
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 11:44:58 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 09:58:43 PM »
I have a Marvel Thread...
Made you look ****.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 12:36:43 AM »
Its MAHVEL BABY.

Captian America>Iron Man>Avengers>Hulk>Thor>Iron Man 2
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 12:42:42 AM »
I am not impressed with Shield.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 03:11:16 AM »
I'm really hoping that at one point we get a totally original property in the cinematic universe.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 03:42:22 AM »
I'm really hoping that at one point we get a totally original property in the cinematic universe.

You mean a character that wasn't previously in the comics?

Wouldn't Agents of SHIELD technically fit that bill?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 09:32:40 AM »

Technically, but what we're getting is a bunch of one-shot enemies and characters. I want one to go from AOS, into the netflix series (maybe?), and evolve into a phase 3 movie of its own.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 11:06:55 AM »

Technically, but what we're getting is a bunch of one-shot enemies and characters. I want one to go from AOS, into the netflix series (maybe?), and evolve into a phase 3 movie of its own.

The closet thing your going to get to that is the One shots dude. You may get a mini series with new charcaters based around frontline as a replacment for the daily planet though.

I mean if I see an Orginal IP get on the screen before Cap Marvel i'm going to punch someone in the face.

In other new ABC is already working on another Marvel series which probably's going to be the Agent Carter series that was tossed around. I'm down for weekly Peggy Carter but something in the past would be better off being a netflix series.

Also the Netflix deal charcaters were never going to get their own films doing to lack of popularity.

So I haven't seen Thor yet but read the spoilers. When is oay to take about the film?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 11:10:16 AM »

I think there is too much Marvel lore to really make something new up for a major role when they have dozens of other characters that fans will recognize that will also fit in perfectly with a few small alterations to motive, association and origins.

I'm just hoping that the new Netflix series are able to take a page from AoS, but insert it in the book from Arrow and put it on a shelf for a mature audience. The new shows need to tell their story, keep the filler to a minimum, add small moments of humor, but ultimately have a goal they are trying to reach at a pace that keeps things interesting.

One thing Arrow did that helped it alot was add the history of how we got to this point in the flashback mode inbetween bits of where we are now. Telling the bits of the past while they are relevant to the events of the future really helped the show keep things moving by not focusing on the past for too long and only selecting out the most interesting parts of the origin story for bite size consumption.

Now who do we think is up for casting of the lead roles?
Who do you think would be a good Daredevil? Luke Cage? Iron Fist? Jessica Jones?

In other new ABC is already working on another Marvel series which probably's going to be the Agent Carter series that was tossed around. I'm down for weekly Peggy Carter but something in the past would be better off being a netflix series.
Agent Carter is already up in the OP, they said they were working on it, and the lead pretty much confirmed it without actually saying yes we are developing it right now.

So I haven't seen Thor yet but read the spoilers. When is oay to take about the film?

As long as you spoiler you spoilers, go ahead and post about it. I plan on watching it this weekend.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 11:26:28 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 11:44:47 AM »
Daredevil: I don't know, tough one.

Luke Cage: Curtis 'Rampage' Jackson aka B.A. from the A-Team

Iron Fist: Justin Harley, aka Green Arrow from Smallville.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 12:10:15 PM »
Daredevil: I don't know, tough one.

Luke Cage: Curtis 'Rampage' Jackson aka B.A. from the A-Team

Iron Fist: Justin Harley, aka Green Arrow from Smallville.

I'd rather them go with all Unknowns tbh. I think Justin Harley works for Iron Fist but not sure Jackson can do the more deadpan serious Luke Cage of Modern times.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 12:26:06 PM »
What happened to Old Spice Guy being Luke Cage?
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/166121-exclusive-isaiah-mustafa-talks-luke-cage

By the way, saw Thor at the 8 o'clock showing last night.
It was good. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 12:36:29 PM »
What happened to Old Spice Guy being Luke Cage?
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/166121-exclusive-isaiah-mustafa-talks-luke-cage

you mean this one?

don't forget The Rock also expressed interest in the role.

But I'm not sure The Rock would still be interested unless he was guaranteed a movie or inclusion in Avengers 3 or something. The only scripted TV he has done is WWE, so I'm not sure if he feels he is still too big to go back to TV outside of WWE appearances.  Although he would get a bunch of people to atleast tune into his and all connected Netflix series just by his name being attached (assuming it's any good of course).
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 01:19:21 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 06:39:31 PM »
New shots from Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Sharon Carter aka Agent 13

Bucky Barnes aka The Winter Soldier holding Cap's Shield

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2013, 03:45:51 PM »
It looks like Thor opened at an estimated $31.6M on Friday.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/

That's a strong opening. I'm gonna estimate $85M for the weekend domestic?
any takers?

It supposedly has a $170M budget and already made $100M overseas in the first week.
(source: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=thor2.htm)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2013, 03:58:43 PM »
Any idea off the top of your head what the opening weekend of the first Thor was?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 04:16:28 PM »
Any idea off the top of your head what the opening weekend of the first Thor was?

It was $65.2K
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=thor.htm

had a $150M budget and grossed $450M WW.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2013, 04:20:53 PM »
Looks like it's doing better then.  Good - it deserves it.  It's way better than the first.  I didn't have anything against the first one, but I really liked the second. :D

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2013, 12:46:59 AM »
Next week's episoide of Agents of shield is introducing Level 8 as well as Victoria Hand.

and the Tuesday  after that, 11/19/13, is the tie in to Thor 2: The Dark World episode.

So that gives everyone just under 2 weeks to have seen Thor 2.
I heard it was Awesome, I plan on watching it maybe tomorrow morning (Movie Day!? again so soon?)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2013, 12:21:49 PM »
It looks like Thor opened at an estimated $31.6M on Friday.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/

That's a strong opening. I'm gonna estimate $85M for the weekend domestic?
any takers?

It supposedly has a $170M budget and already made $100M overseas in the first week.
(source: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=thor2.htm)

Official Estimates are in for Thor 2: The Dark World
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2013&wknd=45&p=.htm

$86.1M Domestic
$240.9M International
-------------------------
$327M Gross

I'm willing to guess that if word of mouth stays good on this and Hunger Games 2 doesn't absolutely destroy everything in it's way, Thor 2 could crack $600M

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2013, 12:25:09 PM »
I can't see Hunger Games for the midnight release. :(  Stupid Zelda concert. :(

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2013, 08:34:07 PM »
Has Maria Hill been in AoS yet?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2013, 01:22:31 AM »
She showed up in the first episoide to brief agent ward about level 7. Planning to go see thor sometime this week maybe after class tomorrow.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2013, 11:55:13 AM »
Here is the extended 5 minute Captain America preview
that plays *EXCLUSIVELY* in front of the 3D version of Thor 2.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=29897

I'm on my phone, so I can't see if the video works or not, as my mobile browser don't support the codec.

Here is a alternate just incase the 1st link gets taken down: http://www.mediafire.com/?hc16my3r9imdibn
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 08:50:03 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »