Author Topic: Let me edit my damn posts  (Read 16702 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Let me edit my damn posts
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2014, 07:57:46 AM »
lern 2 post, then you won't need to edit so badly.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2014, 11:10:21 AM »
ARGH!  :@ ****ing no ability to edit posts in Talkback!

i really dont get not being able to edit posts.

Oops, just saw you knew that already. Can't modify posts here for some reason.

Quote from: broodwars again
Bah...I hate this inability to edit posts...I meant to say "with DCK:TF now releasing in Feb. 2014..."  And as I said, I've never expected Smash Bros. before Fall 2014.

Somehow I have the feeling I'm not the only one having this problem,
lern 2 post, then you won't need to edit so badly.
that's rich coming from the guy who is happy to brag he can still edit his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2014, 11:26:03 AM »
I just simply limit my posting in talkback. and if I make an error... of fucking well.

decipher it. skip it. whatever, I'll probably not be back to that thread to read the response anyway.
But that really doesn't solve the problem for everyone else....

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2014, 12:38:25 PM »
That's why there is a Talkback 2. If you mess up your post in the first Talkback, you have the chance to re-do it and make it right in Talkback 2. The system works!!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2014, 07:41:09 PM »
I've started using the post preview button to proofread my posts and to find out if there's any wonky coding that will mess things up. It seems to result in a lot less errors.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2014, 01:53:02 AM »
In the mafia forum I believe you can delete posts you made so maybe you can let us basically hit copy all and fix what was made then delete the original.

But rereading some of MB responses the 10 minute editing limit option being an all or nothing deal is just ridiculous, there has to be some way to get an update or something.

But if we're gonna be searching the smf mods thing then I would like to get this straight, what we're looking for is basically an expanded permissions system on editing that works with the current software (SMF V. 2.0.5 with some database software called postgres) correct?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2014, 11:19:07 PM »
There is an alternative option:
The software will let us switch on a maximum edit time (so we could set it to 5 or 10 minutes, which should generally account for typos), but that setting will apply to all forums. Is that a reasonable trade-off? I think so, but it will mess up a few threads where the first post is edited continually, so I'll just put it out there as an option.
Alright one quick question, in the mafia thread there's a 'delete post' button. If the software would allow you to make a universal setting to a time limit for post editing would it allow you to do the same for deletion?

If it will then would there be anything with a post being deleted that could mess up a talkback thread when viewed on the main site?

And if there isn't then is there anything else preventing you from basically applying your 'alternative solution' to post deletion that i'm not seeing?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2014, 02:16:49 PM »
Not really related to the OP of this thread, but I didn't want to start a new one just incase it was just me....

I created a new thread, and I tried to modify it after posting because of "automatic forum inserted code" that I needed to correct. But when I hit the button to remove the coded format, the entire post was blank. I closed Chrome and opened it again thinking that might be the problem, but it was still blank once I tried to do the same thing.

I ended up having to copy the post before clicking the "remove formatting" button, and then paste and edit from there. Just a weird error I thought I would share.