Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 674396 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!

Clamps indeed.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
That game almost put me to sleep.

Disgraceful, and the commissioner was present.
Cancel the damn series. Substitute in the sixers.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Cancel the damn series. Substitute in the sixers.

Did you watch the Sixers last series?  I'm not sure that's the answer you are looking for.
NNID: ejamer

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
It might not be, but it's gotta be better than what I was watching yesterday.
It was like YMCA pick up game. Even the Bucks crowd looked bored to death.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile

At this point, the Warriors/Blazers series isn't looking much better.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!

Let's see, Blazers had 1 bad loss, 1 close loss, and 1 absolutely pathetically blown half.  Honestly going for the worst series in the entire playoffs.

Someone explain to me again how the West is the "stronger" conference?

Offline broodwars

• View Profile

Let's see, Blazers had 1 bad loss, 1 close loss, and 1 absolutely pathetically blown half.  Honestly going for the worst series in the entire playoffs.

Someone explain to me again how the West is the "stronger" conference?

The West is a meat grinder, and the playoffs are designed to weaken the contenders so the 1st Seed can slaughter them. That's one of the reason I've never liked the 1-8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5 seeding system. The Western Conference playoffs have been WAY more competitive than the East's so far, just in terms of wins and losses. Meanwhile, the Bucks have basically sailed to victory since this damn thing began, as basically happens in the playoffs every year with the 1 Seed.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
More insight on where LeBron decided to spend the last of his competitive years:

For BnM

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
I watched that earlier. Yikes. Lakers should have given Julius Randle that second year. He’s good enough to dump later for an expiring/non-guaranteed contract if they really needed the cap space. Again, just poor asset management. And while I’m not convinced Dell Demps ever seriously considered trading Anthony Davis to the Lakers, having Randle sure would have made the Lakers offer more appealing.

As for LeBron, dude wanted warm weather, a big market, and a max contract. He bet on himself to LeBron James the team to the playoffs. He may have pulled it off too if it weren’t for those meddling kids everyone including himself didn’t get injured.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Speaking of the AD trade, for those that haven't watched:

For BnM

This looks like the last part of the interview:

For MnB
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 07:14:58 PM by nickmitch »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
One other thing happened today and that was the Frank Vogel press conference to formily announce him being the new head coach. https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/5/20/18618601/lakers-officially-hire-jason-kidd-assistant-coach-frank-vogel-lonzo-ball-lebron-james

Also a bit of the insight on the structure on the Lakers front office going forward. https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/5/20/18632959/la-lakers-news-rob-pelinka-front-office-jeanie-buss-kurt-rambis

It is a real shame that the hiring is being overshadowed by Magic today.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Sigh.... Darn Warriors even without Durant, Boogie and Iggy they win.   
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Well, at least the Trail Blazers had the self-respect to put up a decent fight before they got swept. *sigh*

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
If you can call that decent.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
5 straight Finals appearances. It's insane the era that I get to live in.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
I disagree, but look forward to seeing how it plays out either way.

Wow, was I ever wrong.

Blazers put up a fight and took solid leads into the fourth quarter a couple of times... but then just folded. They were never able to stop the Warriors when it mattered. I know there are reports that Lillard is injured and that the Golden State roster might have a shake up this year, but seeing this sort of result (again) makes you want to see it all torn down and rebuilt. How discouraging!

Congrats to Golden State on romping to another set of finals. I thought they might lose focus for a game, but that's obviously not the case.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Always nice to get to use this gif.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I had tickets to game 5.....

I ain't even mad though.
happy to grab that broom one more time. Maybe I make it to the Finals instead.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
GSW got a great game from McKinnie. This was the best possible result and hopefully the team can get KD, Boogie and Iggy full strength in time for the Finals.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Warriors vs Blazers are always a good match up.
They always play hard against the Warriros, but just never seem to win.

Curry is now 10-0 vs Dame in the playoffs.
Curry and Dray also both Triple Doubled
and this game never would've gone to OT if it wasn't for Jerebko and all his bricked wide open 3's in the 4th.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 01:34:27 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Series is evened up with the Bucks and Raptors. I do find the team defense from the Raptors on Giannis to be pretty effective in either forcing him to do something or passing out to his teammates and having them beat the Raptors.  Having Leonard on Giannis since game 3 as the primary defender is very troublesome for the Bucks.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
...  Having Leonard on Giannis since game 3 as the primary defender is very troublesome for the Bucks.

Leonard doesn't look healthy right now, but I agree that this match up (with strong help support from Gasol and others) has been a difficult look for the Bucks so far. It puts a lot of pressure on the role players to hit shots. Maybe going back home will see a better result from their supporting cast.

Nice to see the Raptors back to their normal selves for a game. During the playoffs they've often shot poorly and been far too deferential to Kawhi. Don't get me wrong - Kawhi has done a fantastic job of carrying the team so far, but he shouldn't have to carry the team.

It's been a weird year. Some of the Raptors best ball has come with Kawhi sitting on the bench, as other guys seem to feel more comfortable or empowered on offense. When he's healthy it's like the whole team defers too much and loses their normal identity.

At least it's an interesting series now. Either team could have been up 3-1 if they had played just a tiny bit better, and I'm sure that both feel like they let an opportunity slip away.  I'm doubtful that either team can challenge Golden State in the finals, so this is probably the last meaningful set of games for the year.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
I think the Bucks match up to the Warriors at least as far as the playstyle goes. Spreading the floor and having Giannis out there.  Defensively I think the Raptors matches up well though.   

All I can say that though is I hope there is more parity this offseason going forward.  Like Durant going East or to the Clippers so things are more balanced. I think the east has been very exciting and balanced with the Bucks, Raptors, 76ers and Celtics being options to win in the east.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Warriors vs Blazers are always a good match up.

Curry is now 10-0 vs Dame in the playoffs.

Those two sentences are a little contradictory, lol.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
... All I can say that though is I hope there is more parity this offseason going forward.  Like Durant going East or to the Clippers so things are more balanced. I think the east has been very exciting and balanced with the Bucks, Raptors, 76ers and Celtics being options to win in the east.

Agreed.

Golden State plays beautiful basketball a lot of the time, and I appreciate that... but it's hard to keep rooting for a team that is so clearly and obviously stacked with talent. They enter almost every game as overwhelming favorites to win, and so winning - even at a championship level - has become merely "meeting expectations" rather than a dramatic success. (Watching them struggle to overcome "boredom" isn't enough to keep me engaged.)

Watching the Eastern Conference this year has been a refreshing breath of fresh air, even if the actual basketball hasn't always been as pretty. Even 4 games into the conference finals, it's not clear who is the best team and who will proceed to the finals. I assume the Bucks will, but it's not a sure thing.

Kind of related; I wonder if the stability of the NBA playoffs is entirely a good thing. The best-of-7 format makes upsets rare and results mostly predictable. That makes sense because you do want the best teams to be crowned champions, but how much fun would it be to use early season results act as a round-robin ranking system that determines entry in a quick single elimination tournament at mid-season? I don't know what incentive would make this worthwhile for the players/teams (more money, time off, winner hosts All-Star weekend, who knows?) but it would be awesome for fans and might help to break up the grind a little bit.